BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sacrarium XP Scroll

How does the ??? work in here? Is there any movement pattern based on day/direction/etc? How often does it move?

It's getting really annoying doing like 3 laps of the entire zone every week.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Not sure if it has a pattern based on something like a clockwise motion, but i was told it moves once every game day.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

it moves more often than every game day

idk the pattern exactly.. i had a feeling it was every 20min though, but havnt timed it---

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've definatly had it move right before I clicked on it w/o the day changing. I just want to know if it moves at certain times or if anyone found out any of this stuff.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

maybe SE just doesnt like you.

I usually dont have problems finding it. I'll head to the north exit (hume swift belt area) if the pattern of the maze puts me there quicker and check that room, then head south counter clockwise as normal. That will usually get me the ??? in one sweep. I think only once or twice I've had to do two full sweeps of the area.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I always go to the dead end room first. Only 1 time did I do that and had to go back to the dead end room to get it, because wouldn't you know it, that's where it moved to.

E. Body
    BG Level

I can't get this quest for some reason anymore. I talk to the lady and she tells me about the Chebukki's or something. Any idea why? I thought it was because I always do Spice Gals, so I wouldn't be allowed to do both, but a friend said I should be able to. . .

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Iono
    I can't get this quest for some reason anymore. I talk to the lady and she tells me about the Chebukki's or something. Any idea why? I thought it was because I always do Spice Gals, so I wouldn't be allowed to do both, but a friend said I should be able to. . .
    the quest is active...

all you need to do to restart it is talk to jonette.

I've done both in the same week iirc...
    If you've not done the quest before, you need to talk to Despachiaire at (K-10) before talking to Jonette. Once this is done, you only need to talk to Jonette for repeat.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I always go north first then down and clockwise.

The problem is I end up going back to the hume room not found it and then I have to run it all over again not seeing it. Thats why Im asking if anyone knows of some sort of pattern or when it moves or anything that'll help.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarwen
    I've done both in the same week iirc...
    If you've not done the quest before, you need to talk to Despachiaire at (K-10) before talking to Jonette. Once this is done, you only need to talk to Jonette for repeat.

Aaa, Talk to Despachiaire, that's probably it TY!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Generally, I only check the south rooms and the Hume room up north, I see no reason to play with Taurs.

The ??? spot moves fairly frequently, I want to say once every 10 minutes but I have never clocked it. (And time flies when you are having fun.)

I've had a friend watch the ??? disappear as he was heading towards it. It definitely does not change per day.

On a side note, I've seen some JP person wait in the hume room on Windsday, waiting for the ??? to show up (we were popping swift belt nm).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

a linkshell member swears by it moving every 5 game hours exactly. I have never confirmed that though, but that person does the quest every week as well.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by bebeci
    I've had a friend watch the ??? disappear as he was heading towards it. It definitely does not change per day.

On a side note, I've seen some JP person wait in the hume room on Windsday, waiting for the ??? to show up (we were popping swift belt nm).
    Probably went afk with a script that does "/targetnpc; *enter*".

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There was a few weeks where this quest pissed me right off. So I decided to find out if there is a pattern to the movement or days. I targeted each ??? until it moved and it was always 10 minutes. From what I could tell there seemed to be no pattern in which rooms it moved to. However it doesn't seem to move to a room twice in one cycle. For instance it wouldn't move to NE room twice before moving to all other 3 first.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't ask me for the source, cause I can't remember where I saw it... but I think it moves every 4 hrs, 15 mins gametime.

If that's not precisely accurate, I'd lend more credence to the poster above that said it's in the 5 game hour range.

I haven't noticed a pattern... but mainly because I've never had to make more than one pass-thru to get it. The place is usually pretty well populated for a few hours after conquest, so if you go then you can save some time just following people around and seeing if they warp/tele/escape after entering a classroom.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Don't ask me for the source, cause I can't remember where I saw it... but I think it moves every 4 hrs, 15 mins gametime.
    I think the source of that information is probably the wiki. It's quoted there, at least:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Secrets_of_Ovens_Lost

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine
    For instance it wouldn't move to NE room twice before moving to all other 3 first.
    I take it there is no chance at all it will move to the middle room on either north or south? I've never seen it either location, but I always check when running by to make sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine
    For instance it wouldn't move to NE room twice before moving to all other 3 first.
    I take it there is no chance at all it will move to the middle room on either north or south? I've never seen it either location, but I always check when running by to make sure.
    I've never seen it in the middle rooms. (I still check anyway because I am OCD like that.)