Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of Aht Urhgan.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Secrets of Aht Urhgan.

Ok, so I will probably get yelled at for this or called a noob for posting something old, but I wanted to collect all of the unreleased areas, rumors, inactive points, storyline loose ends and everything else in one place, because I spend all day trying to find out information for this stuff and its spread out all over the place.

Unreleased areas:
    This thread is awesome on unreleased areas, read it, learn it, love it: http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=146009

Engraved Tablet Islands: These are islands off of Wajaom Woodlands, Mount Zhaylom and Caedarva Mire. These are the islands that are connected by the mysterious stones in the area. There is also a stone on the Hediva Island by the Khimaria camp.

Hazhalm Testing Grounds: Enormous underground area connected to Caedarva Mire outside of Nashmau.

Final Assault area in Nyzul Island: Pretty big Assault area, fewer maps than the rest of the Assault areas.
    Chocobo racetrack: Will be released in the coming update.

The Pit: Pet vs Pet. No idea how long until they release this.

Storyline loose ends:
    Glory Crown: Obviously will be resolved later in the storyline. Speculation: Either the reward for completing the AU missions or a trade in for the reward. Its obviously a bit more important than its current role of stolen gear by Naja. Taj, you should hax yourself one of these.

ToAU end-game area: Unreleased information but confirmed in a recent interview.
    Speculation: Rumor for a while has been than <Earth> is the nickname for the new end-game area, and if Hazhalm Testing Grounds is the end-game area then this could be the explanation. Also the Engraved Tablet Islands may have something to do with it. ALSO, just read this somewhere, that in ZM and CoP there is mention early on about the end-game areas that you get to in the story line, where is the only area we don't have access to that has been mentioned in the story lines? Thats right Hazhalm Testing Grounds. Dammit Gwynplaine already noticed this too: "
    Yep, sea is actually shown to you in a cs in the very first CoP mission. Sky is alluded to at various points and later shown when the mechanism is activated. But I think you're forgetting that during the ToAU mission 22 cs, Flit tells you all about the Hazhalm Testing Grounds while the camera pans around it's interior. I think that if anything is going to be an endgame type zone it will be HTG. But like I've said earlier in the thread, Hazhalm Testing Grounds would probably be different than the past traditional endgame zones. At least, from a development standpoint, HTG doesn't look at all like its setup to work in that way."

Salvage: divisortheory claims that all bosses have been reached. For Zhayolm and Arrapago, boss rooms are unlocked by clearing the entire top floor. I have yet to see evidence of this. If anyone has pictures of the Zhaylom boss I would really like to see it. If all of the bosses have been reached, that means they all have probably been defeated.

Assault ranks to 11: Ranks already go to 11 as noted in the thread that I have linked, but only up to 7 are available, with 8-11 likely being available after the coming update and 11 being the reward for completing level 10 requirements, with no accompanying assaults.

ToAU missions: Ending soon? Or much longer than we expected? It seems that there will at least be a representative from Bastok soon enough, but where does it go from there? Speculation is that it will be Volker, but I am hoping that its an outside chance of Cid, or even better Ayame.

Rumors:
    There is a war on the eastern front of Aht Urhgan: Is this the Far East nation that Tenzen hails from? Is there some nation in between? Is the war going well or poorly. It looks like the war isn't going to well for anybody,

Odin: Jehryn posted: "Obvious yes. Examining the .DAT file for NPC List in Whitegate shows an "Odin" is present. Naja talks about the Dark Rider, and he appears, in a Whitegate cutscene.

Also, his texture files that put detail on the Dark Rider model are named "Odin". "

Alexander: Salvage? Nyzul? Avatar? Both Odin and Alexander are very sketchy at this point, but both have been either implicitly or explicitly mentioned at some point in the storyline. Alexander may have some correlation with the AC's. Body, heart, head, etc. We will have to see on this, because this is all speculation.

Astral Candesence: What are they? What do they do? Why do we care?

I know I am missing a bunch of things, but I will keep this updated as best that I can, and also post it on my blog at http://ringthree.blogspot.com

Re: Secrets of Aht Urhgan.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    Islands off of Wajaom Woodlands and Mount Zhaylom: These are the islands that are connected by the mysterious stones in the area. There is also a stone on the Hediva Island by the Khimaria camp. Can't find the thread of the person that originally posted this for the life of me.
    I originally posted that screenshot. So you could narrow down your search if you include posts from myself. I don't know where it is off the top of my head either.

Salvage: Still unknown how to reach 1-2 of the bosses and many of the drops and NM spawn conditions are unclear.\
    All bosses have been reached. For Zhayolm and Arrapago, boss rooms are unlocked by clearing the entire top floor.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Secrets of Aht Urhgan.

Unreleased areas:
    Islands off of Wajaom Woodlands and Mount Zhaylom: These are the islands that are connected by the mysterious stones in the area. There is also a stone on the Hediva Island by the Khimaria camp. Can't find the thread of the person that originally posted this for the life of me.
    Its assumed that the Engraved Tablets are teleporters of some kind, as each island has a matching stone facing the ones we have access to. Haven't compared it to the design on a Runic Portal or any designs found in the Olduum Ruins yet.

Hazhalm Testing Grounds: Enormous underground area connected to Caedarva Mire outside of Nashmau. More information in the thread I can't find.
    10 floors, gates blocking the way, absolutely huge open areas on each floor. Chimeras were built here by the Empire's Alchemy guild, it's thought we will have to fight our way down to the final floor. Constant double dark weather suggests that Odin himself could be down here somewhere as well, while his Dark Rider projection typical of summoning magic wanders above.

Final Assault area in Nyzul Island: Pretty big Assault area, again pictures in the thread I can't find.
    An Astral Candesence is secured here, along with its Plinith. It seems to be the only set of Plinith and Candesence left intact in Aldazaal.

Glory Crown: Obviously will be resolved later in the storyline.
    naja will get in trouble, she'll be an NPC in a BC against some big baddie, and she might give you back the crown. That's my guess on it at least.

Assault ranks to 10: Assuming that the ranks will be like those in nations, and it goes to ten, will the rewards get better?
    There are 11 ranks, but 10 different levels of Assault. It's thought the 11th Assault rank is the reward for completing them all.

ToAU missions: Ending soon? Or much longer than we expected? It seems that there will at least be a representative from Bastok soon enough, but where does it go from there?
    Probably Volker from Bastok will make an appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of shit happened when he does because of the Bastokan Plague that afflicted the Empire recently.

Rumors:
    There is a war on the eastern front of Aht Urhgan: Is this the Far East nation that Tenzen hails from? Is there some nation in between? Is the war going well or poorly.
    Yes, Tenzen is from there. War is going poorly on both sides.

Odin: The dark rider? Yes? No?
    Obvious yes. Examining the .DAT file for NPC List in Whitegate shows an "Odin" is present. Naja talks about the Dark Rider, and he appears, in a Whitegate cutscene.

Also, his texture files that put detail on the Dark Rider model are named "Odin".

Alexander: Salvage? Nyzul? Avatar? Both Odin and Alexander are very sketchy at this point, but both have been either implicitly or explicitly mentioned at some point in the storyline.

Astral Candesence: What are they? What do they do? Why do we care?
    Alexander always has been, and will likely be, an avatar. The Astral Candesences are also supposed to bring about "the Age of Judgment", which Alexander is typically known for.

I'd like to see like a Glory Crown similar to the cop rings. Like one for melee, one for mages, one for tanks. But if that won't happen I better at least get my damn crown back.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Another minor mention of Alexander, a portrait at the final CS of the ToAU missions (up to this point) clearly depicted him after the evil Corsair guy was talking.

It's been a while, so I think I might be off on some of the details >_>

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by thur
    I'd like to see like a Glory Crown similar to the cop rings. Like one for melee, one for mages, one for tanks. But if that won't happen I better at least get my damn crown back.
    You're going to have to sacrafice to save the world. Like, maybe you use it to clog the thingy that will power the villain. Or throw it at them.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    You're going to have to sacrafice to save the world. Like, maybe you use it to clog the thingy that will power the villain. Or throw it at them.

How about...you get the glory crown back late in the storyline, and then to get your TOAU reward, you give it back to naja in exchange for one of 3 or 4 options.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Nystul

How about...you get the glory crown back late in the storyline, and then to get your TOAU reward, you give it back to naja in exchange for one of 3 or 4 options.
    That's what I'm betting on. We got rings and earrings, what's next? Torques? Mantles?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae
    Quote Originally Posted by Nystul

That's what I'm betting on. We got rings and earrings, what's next? Torques? Mantles?
    A mantle would be nice, so long as the melee mantle surpasses 3 STR and 15 attack :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    A mantle would be nice, so long as the melee mantle surpasses 3 STR and 15 attack :D
    Haste+4% Attack+10

I would take it.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Taj
    Its funny that you blocked out your HP/MP totals.

Is he there normally or are you haxing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn

He's there, he's just shy.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn

He's there, he's just shy.
    lol

Does he say anything? Nyzul Isle-related stuff?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I find it funny how every other word is blacked out, lol.

He's disabled, he just ends the conversation when you talk to him. (Nothing happens.)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I find it funny how every other word is blacked out, lol.
    There a pattern to your word blocking? lol

Nobody's commented about how I blacked out the first digit of my outgoing byte count.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Nobody's commented about how I blacked out the first digit of my outgoing byte count.
    Hey I noticed you blacked out the fist digit of your outgoing byte count.