Closed Thread
Page 1 of 527 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: General gaming news     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Xavier

General gaming news

Keep excessive and related bashing contained to this thread, if possible. Derailing is fun and all but its getting kind of out of hand, to the point where nobody really needs to hear how much the PS3 sucks / and how great the PS3 will be in a few months.

The one big exception is actual new, big stories, such as if a huge game was going to become a multiplatform game instead of exclussive, if a company is going out of business / accouning a new game / anything that doesn't fall under the category of bashing just to bash.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

GUYS I DONT THINK THIS IS GOING VERY WELL

Old Merits
    BG Level

I just bought a 360 today, after it dawned on me that I'd never owned an Xbox, and the two systems combined have some pretty nice titles that I've never played.

DIE SONY DIE NINTENDO I WILL FEED ON THE BLOOD OF YOUR VIRGINS AND OFFER THEIR HYMENS UP TO THE ALTAR OF GATES AND MOORE

IA IA XBOX FHTAGHN!

Banned.

BG Level

The Playstation 3 is dark blue, I don't care what photoshop says.

Xavier

So far so good.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    I just bought a 360 today, after it dawned on me that I'd never owned an Xbox, and the two systems combined have some pretty nice titles that I've never played.
    Having never owned either, are Xbox titles playable on the 360?

Xavier

Only the popular ones. So yes, you can still play Halo / Halo 2 on the Xbox 360.

I'm pretty sure the 360 uses emulation to play Xbox games, so its not fully compatible. Which is kind of funny in a way, since I don't think many people gave the 360 shit for that, but now that the PS3 is removing the emotion chip and instead emulating PS2 games, its a gigantic "lol" issue.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Only the popular ones. So yes, you can still play Halo / Halo 2 on the Xbox 360.

I'm pretty sure the 360 uses emulation to play Xbox games, so its not fully compatible. Which is kind of funny in a way, since I don't think many people gave the 360 shit for that, but now that the PS3 is removing the emotion chip and instead emulating PS2 games, its a gigantic "lol" issue.
    Its lol because theyre not lowering the price.

I have a 360 and Wii and in my opinion xbox is way ahead of the pack right now. RB6: Vegas is a good game, and Test Drive: Unlimited is the racing MMO we've all been waiting for.

Couple that with dead rising, Gears, PGR3, and Xbox Live. One thing i like about Live is that you dont have to get a different name for every damn game you play. Its probably the most well spent 50 bucks i've spent all year. Free downloadable demo's and HD trailersfor every game thats out for the system, a friend list that spans over every game i play, Ipod support so i dont have to waste space on the hardrive, and Geometry Wars/Lumines/Arcade. Plus i can rent movies?

What reasons are there not to get an xbox?

I'll get a PS3 if FF13 ends up being ungodly good, fuck metal gear.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Because bashing sony is the cool thing to do atm lol. Even though sony is asking for it with their attitude, the bashing will stop after awhile though.

ill buy as soon as i hit the lotto and can afford it LOLOLOLORRRRRRRROLF

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I give this 3 pages before this topic is renamed "lolsony".

Sea Torques
    BG Level

PS3= Sega Saturn

Discuss

Old Merits
    BG Level

To me it's more about Sony's God complex e.g., they gaveth, and now they taketh away. Just about nothing will earn you more rancor. Not to mention the inequality; NTSC countries get full PS2 compatibility, but PAL countries get the shaft.

"PS2 games aren't that important" is what we're hearing from Sony reps about this move. That wasn't the story just as little as 3 months ago, was it? Quite hypocritical.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I think another reason for the difference in perception is that, while the xbox had it's share of good games, it doesn't have the giant library of popular titles that the PS2 does, so it's a bigger issue.

Also, I seem to recall a fair amount of lol'ing going on during the 360s launch about this issue, we've just all sort of put it out of mind because a year is a long while in internet time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I can't wait til a year or two down the line people see the games that are coming out on the PS3 and are like, "god im dumb I can't believe I bought a Wii".

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    PS3= Sega Saturn

Discuss
    How dare you, the PS3 doesn't have nearly as awesome commercials.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    I can't wait til a year or two down the line people see the games that are coming out on the Wii and are like, "god im dumb I can't believe I bought a PS3".
    Fixed for this thread.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

PS3= Sega Saturn

Discuss
    Sega Saturn has some of the best RPGs ever, dont compare it to that waste of space.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    PS3= Sega Saturn

Discuss
    Sega Saturn has ONE of the best RPGs ever, dont compare it to that waste of space.
    Fixed for truth, name 3 more if you can?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    PS3= Sega Saturn

Discuss
    Sega Saturn has ONE of the best RPGs ever, dont compare it to that waste of space.
    Fixed for truth, name 3 more if you can?
    Grandia, Lunar, Panzer Dragoon, Shining Force III, Shining The Holy Ark, Dragon Force, Magic Knight Rayearth, Phantasy Stars. To names some of the popular ones.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 527 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast