lol, hummmm actually thats a very good question

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel
    No offense but vanguard looks like total crap, the character models are shit.

and yes I would have to say char models: FFXI > WoW >Vanguard

terrain Vanguard > WoW > FFXI

Content WoW > FFXI > Vanguard

Devs that actually listen to the player base and dont fuck things up: WoW > FFXI
    actually have you played it much on full power? lol, when it comes to graphics the damn rabbits look better than anything on FFXI, and with character models, yea they might suck if your crazed over FFXI, but to rate WoW over anything that has to do with graphics you got to be nuts..not to mention the customization of Vanguard. No other MMO that I am know of can you alter your characters apperance any time when you start up the game. I am still low lvl there, but so far that hasnt changed at all. I have played all three, though only recently starting vanguard, and while beta testing blows, the game is only a month old and patch's are put out like every few days. Yea, i know the suck factor of that is enormous, but its kinda like a pride thing I think, the fact that you stuck with it and sucked it up so when it gets straightened out you got a pretty bad ass character at that point. As far as Vangrind.....well like I said the games a month old, and how many (honestly) people you think are going to be able to run Vanguard when its totally up and running, let a lone buggy as all get out. So it kinda weeds out the low end comps, thereby creating a much smaller world. Hell, its only got like 8 servers or something crazy. WoW's got like what, a million....ok well at least 50,000 roflmao. So I suppose you can wait till its finally settled to start playing, but you know MMO's just as much as I, and there will always be that stupid pride factor of how long you been playing and who helped 'found' the game....as in that founder's title that Van is putting in for people who activate thier accts from opening till mar. 31. So yea.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Holy shit thats made of win LOL

Banned.

BG Level

The Vanguard character models are looking a lot better in SSes I see now, than they did awhile ago. They are still trying to be realistic though, which is kind of a lost cause, because we are not at the point in graphics where realistic people look good. They should have sticked with what FFXI did and make people semi-realistic, but depending on your opinion of cartoony models, Vanguard could look better than WoW.

The main reason I have not given Vanguard a try is because of the required specs to run the game well. Maybe in 1 or 2 years ;o.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think Vanguard did what WoW seems to have attempted to avoid. When WoW came out it was already a tad behind graphically in some areas (read: character models).

The perk is that everyone could play it even on a so-so system. Vanguard may be pretty, but even if it's pretty and has any decent content, it won't get played by a large enough audience for the reasons BRP mentioned in relation to his own choice to not play it.

In 1-2 years when more people have rigs that can run it I think the moment will have passed. When a new MMORPG comes out it has to succeed based largely on the inertia of newness. Very few people will give a shit about Vanguard by the time they can play it because new MMOs will occlude it with their newness.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

i've played vanguard on a 10-day trial, its decent and has a shitload of potential. I don't think its worth paying for atm until they iron out bugs and optimize their game engine but imo, waiting 15-20mins for a NM to respawn = win already.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender
    i've played vanguard on a 10-day trial, its decent and has a shitload of potential. I don't think its worth paying for atm until they iron out bugs and optimize their game engine but imo, waiting 15-20mins for a NM to respawn = win already.
    lol True strike!

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silvenmyst

Devs that actually listen to the player base and dont fuck things up: WoW > FFXI
    actually have you played it much on full power? lol, when it comes to graphics the damn rabbits look better than anything on FFXI, and with character models, yea they might suck if your crazed over FFXI, but to rate WoW over anything that has to do with graphics you got to be nuts..not to mention the customization of Vanguard. No other MMO that I am know of can you alter your characters apperance any time when you start up the game. I am still low lvl there, but so far that hasnt changed at all. I have played all three, though only recently starting vanguard, and while beta testing blows, the game is only a month old and patch's are put out like every few days. Yea, i know the suck factor of that is enormous, but its kinda like a pride thing I think, the fact that you stuck with it and sucked it up so when it gets straightened out you got a pretty bad ass character at that point. As far as Vangrind.....well like I said the games a month old, and how many (honestly) people you think are going to be able to run Vanguard when its totally up and running, let a lone buggy as all get out. So it kinda weeds out the low end comps, thereby creating a much smaller world. Hell, its only got like 8 servers or something crazy. WoW's got like what, a million....ok well at least 50,000 roflmao. So I suppose you can wait till its finally settled to start playing, but you know MMO's just as much as I, and there will always be that stupid pride factor of how long you been playing and who helped 'found' the game....as in that founder's title that Van is putting in for people who activate thier accts from opening till mar. 31. So yea.
    My roommate at college has an Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB of RAM, an 8800 GTS, and even he can't ramp everything up the whole way and keep a seamlessly smooth gaming experience 24/7, so that point is kind of moot.

That aside, even with the settings ramped up the game doesn't look that impressive. The texture resolution is fabulous, but the animations are wooden, the spell effects are underwhelming, the models for a lot of things are kind of muddy and generic, and the game as a whole just lacks any sort of unified art direction. Certain things do look good, but way too much looks out of place.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Amastacia
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvenmyst

My roommate at college has an Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB of RAM, an 8800 GTS, and even he can't ramp everything up the whole way and keep a seamlessly smooth gaming experience 24/7, so that point is kind of moot.

That aside, even with the settings ramped up the game doesn't look that impressive. The texture resolution is fabulous, but the animations are wooden, the spell effects are underwhelming, the models for a lot of things are kind of muddy and generic, and the game as a whole just lacks any sort of unified art direction. Certain things do look good, but way too much looks out of place.
    actually that was my point lol. but while its kinda laggy I know a lot of it is still major bug issues, which I hope they will resolve in the near future. And well everyone's entitled to thier opinion on artwork....me personally, I think it looks great...just the glitches annoy the piss out of ya But once the game finally settles in then Ithink it will be more than worth it.