Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Heated Endgame Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Xavier

Just because you read something doesn't mean you'll do it.

I can read the communist manifesto w/o suggesting we all become communsits.

The fact that the devs (maybe) read the boards and still keep releasing subpar content is a huge disappointment to me.

A. Body
    BG Level

........kind missing the point, cap'n obvious.
    As far as we know, they never paid attention to us before (or, at least this board).
    They have very clearly stated here that one of them likes our ideas, so that means one is currently making an attempt to listen.
    In other words, they are now making an effort and they are suggesting it will have an impact on the upcoming update.

It's a little thing called 'optimism.'
    I know damn well I probably wont get what I want, but we have never heard of them listening to a board other than alla before.
    Whatever you want to call it, that's a step in the right direction, so angst isn't really necessary here, is it?

You can shit on it AFTER it proves to be lip-service.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Just because you read something doesn't mean you'll do it.

I can read the communist manifesto w/o suggesting we all become communsits.

The fact that the devs (maybe) read the boards and still keep releasing subpar content is a huge disappointment to me.
    In some ways, it's really hard to top Ridill, Abody (Morrigan now) and other equips that still drop from Kings. While I do somewhat understand their situation, it's been over 4 years since they added sub-par content. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lip
    I know damn well I probably wont get what I want, but we have never heard of them listening to a board other than alla before.
    Whatever you want to call it, that's a step in the right direction, so angst isn't really necessary here, is it?

There's a big difference between optimism and hoping for SE to improve content for years on end.

I dunno, but when she said in the e-mail a JP dev team member liked the community's ideas, I thought it was in reference to the questions sent by Bercus. Not that anyone has necessarily been reading the boards.

Although, even if that's true, the expression of interest provides a little hope that the dev team and BlueGartr can open the lines of communication a little more. Hopefully, the Direct Discussion and the translations (in progress) will further entice them.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    It's a little thing called denial.

Yes, we have. Sage Sundi said he used to read our forums, back when we interviewed him, two years ago.

I'm calling it bullshit, and I'm citing 4 years of precedent to support my claim.

Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result. I don't have to wait to smell the shit to be able to see that its shit, thanks though.

I wish people like you would go back to alla. You sound like the type of person who endlessly hypes every single patch and then threatens to quit within 20 minutes of it going live.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I wish SE would work a little faster on Fixing problem!

But finally Windower gonna be legal, how ever let's hope it will be the same as the one we are using now.

I love my Unlimited macro lines setup haha

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo
    I wish SE would work a little faster on Fixing problem!

But finally Windower gonna be legal, how ever let's hope it will be the same as the one we are using now.

I love my Unlimited macro lines setup haha
    SE's stance and that Admin from FFXiwikipedia are sorta the same. They refuse to budge for so long, that they're bound to cave in and listen to our demands. The only thing I hate about this scenario is that it takes too long for them to accept the truth.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

SE just is trying so hard to not giving us the chance of cheating either way. For SE to give us Windower make them to work twice as hard now.
    so they do not need to make FFXI more secure and not ready to deal with even more 3rd PArty program.

Lazy SE.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

SE just is trying so hard to not giving us the chance of cheating either way. For SE to give us Windower make them to work twice as hard now.
    so they do not need to make FFXI more secure and not ready to deal with even more 3rd PArty program.

Lazy SE.
    I don't think SE has tried hard enough, the complaints on this forum are so basic and should have been fixed long ago. I really don't know what I want to believe, common sense tells me not to expect them to fix those things.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

who knows, let's just hope

but i do wish SE check this forum daily, if they would had done that and take the good out of it in here. FFXI could be much better by now.

Xavier

There are 2-3 things they could do to take FFXI from really flawed to really amazing, but so much time has gone by that I don't see how anyone can still be holding out for a change.

Just when you think they're starting to listen, introducing gear that rivals 3 kings, it comes out of an artifically handicapped zone that penalizes people trying to get normal Assault gear.

Just when you think they're starting to listen by not putting really worthless HNM into the game, by putting a really good club and sword onto a new HNM, they bitch-slap you by making the drops in the 1-5% range, while making Jorm-tastic JSE materials 100%.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

who knows, let's just hope

but i do wish SE check this forum daily, if they would had done that and take the good out of it in here. FFXI could be much better by now.
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a miracle from SE. They get suggestions from Allakhazam.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There are 2-3 things they could do to take FFXI from really flawed to really amazing, but so much time has gone by that I don't see how anyone can still be holding out for a change.

Just when you think they're starting to listen, introducing gear that rivals 3 kings, it comes out of an artifically handicapped zone that penalizes people trying to get normal Assault gear.

Just when you think they're starting to listen by not putting really worthless HNM into the game, by putting a really good club and sword onto a new HNM, they bitch-slap you by making the drops in the 1-5% range, while making Jorm-tastic JSE materials 100%.
    Amen!

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

hold your breath and you drown

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Toth

Amen!

Your goal is clearly to get every item in the game as soon as possible. Their goal is to keep you playing as long as possible. So the drops are 5%, big deal. If it were up to you drops would be 50%, everyone would get all the shit they need in a few weeks, then you'd quit and go to WoW.

Salvage is fun, and doing 7 Assaults a week and 2x Salvage a week I've still managed to stay in the positive enough to buy 2 pieces of AP gear

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You have to keep in mind SE's philosophy of the higher in demand an item will be, the less it drops, and vice versa. They want undesired items to be common, and desired items to be rare.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory

Your goal is clearly to get every item in the game as soon as possible. Their goal is to keep you playing as long as possible. So the drops are 5%, big deal. If it were up to you drops would be 50%, everyone would get all the shit they need in a few weeks, then you'd quit and go to WoW.

Salvage is fun, and doing 7 Assaults a week and 2x Salvage a week I've still managed to stay in the positive enough to buy 2 pieces of AP gear
    Your goal is clearly to miss the bigger picture. Mission accomplished. Lets see if we can divise a solution here.

FFXI has clearly conditioned you to never expect upgrades to gear, ever. Theres no problem with getting the gear you want as long as similar/slightly superior/better gear keeps getting released every few months.

Somehow, I find getting the gear you want, and going after an upgrade a few weeks/months later is far more appealing than trying to get a single piece for 3 years.

Maybe its just me. In my scenario, both the fanbase and the company are happy. In yours, just the company. Maybe its just me, but its fucked up.

Playing the WoW card is the equivlent of playing the "I don't know what I'm talking about" card. You don't think thats how gear progression works in WoW? Somehow, I don't see the 8 million subscribers to that game quititng as soon as they get what they want.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

the whole 'more people will use 3rd party programs' is such a crock of shit at this point. it's probably the weakest/lamest excuse for SE's laziness there is.

i'm with xav here, i have no faith in SE and their bullshit. they're so out of touch with the community and what the community wants that it's pointless. every update people keep hoping.. and being let down. it's not a rare thing to change game mechanics for the better, several MMOs have done it, done drastic things.

SE is just stubborn as fuck.. ranger nerf is a prime example of such idiocy.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender
    hold your breath and you drown
    you pass out first noob

edit: and thats only if youre in water dang

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast