+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guys, what would you do?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Guys, what would you do?

Picture this:

Your best friend, whom you've known for however many years it took for him to climb to the rank of "best friend" has a girlfriend (although it's irrelevant to the topic, she is pretty but not amazing, and for the record you are not attracted to her at all). They've been dating for a while, let's say atleast a year, and they've had no prior problems. Said best friend's girlfriend starts hitting on you, flirting with you constantly, etc.. Your best friend is oblivious to this, and very much into this girl, so much it would devastate him if he would find out that she's even flirting with someone else.

What do you do? Do you let him know his girlfriend is flirting with you? Do you not tell him for the sake of their relationship? Do you approach her and tell her to back the fuck off? Do you threaten her that you will tell your best friend if this keeps up? Do you ignore her and risk her flirting even more (because we all know women want what they can't have)?

You know the saying "bros before ho's" and you live by it, but for the sake of your best friend's feelings, you opt not to tell him. Eventually she ends up cheating on him, and they break up. Would you tell him that she flirted with you, or would you keep quiet about it? If you did tell him, when would you tell him? As soon as they broke up, or once he was over her?

If you did tell him, him and his girlfriend would get in a fight and end things and he would blame you. Would you risk your friendship with him or risk his happiness if his girlfriend decides to cheat on him completely?

This is a hypothetical situation. I'm not and hope I never find myself in this situation, it was just something I was wondering about.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

tell him

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Tell her to back the fuck up.

Well, say he found out that she cheated, I'd just tell him that you thought that sometimes she would be hitting on you, but you didn't think it was anything, but now that you think about it, she was hitting on you. That or just dont tell him anything because nothing happened.... at least thats what you're leading us to believe :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol, didn't Raikku make a similar topic a few months ago?

This is going to be epic...

And what are you like 12? unless she's doing something wrong, being nice to you doesn't mean she's cheating on him...how far does her flirting get?

I would tell the friend, bros before ho's is right.

Invite her over to your place to have sex, than call him and have him go hide in your closet.

When she comes over it can go as far as he wants it to go before he sees fit to come out and confront her.

It will totally pwn her.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    lol, didn't Raikku make a similar topic a few months ago?

This is going to be epic...

And what are you like 12? unless she's doing something wrong, being nice to you doesn't mean she's cheating on him...how far does her flirting get?

I would tell the friend, bros before ho's is right.
    Wouldn't know if someone made a similar topic, especially if it was a few months ago since I just started reading this section more often lately.

I'm 18, also. I said it was hypothetical though, and that he would be hurt if he found out that she was doing so much as even flirting with someone else. Thanks for your input though.

Oh, and lol @ Devek's idea. That would be incredibly funny.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Tell her to back the fuck up.
    It's no big deal man, flirting is just flirting for the most part. Unless it's really excessive and she's not just messin with ya for the hell of it there's no need to tell your friend.

Just tell her you're not liking it and want her to stop.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Or your friend could just hop out of the closet for some suprise sex.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'd let him know you felt like she was coming on to you.

tag team her

Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    tag team her

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wouldn't say shit to my friend unless I slept with her. Then I'd say "How's my dick taste?"

No seriously don't say anything to him, but if she continually flirts with you it's probably because you're being receptive to it. Also don't assume she is flirting with you because she's into you because some girls in general are naturally more flirty and/or friendly than others and that could just be the way she's built.

I think it would be MORE of a problem if you brought it up with your friend, but it could be an even bigger problem if you brought it up with her telling her you aren't interested and everything because she could turn around and tell your friend that you were the one coming on to her. You are in a pretty precarious situation depending on her intentions.

What would you say you are, out of 10? A solid 7? An 8?

How about your friend?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, she could turn on you just like that, or when you eventually tell him he could say: You're just jealous, bla bla.

I wouldn't tell my best friend if I believed he wouldn't believe me. I probably wouldn't believe somebody if they told me the woman I was in love with was hitting on somebody else. Love makes people stupid. However, if I knew she was cheating, I'd probably tell him regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltani
    tell him

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I agree with one of the earlier replies. Just because she talks to you and flirts doesn't mean she's cheating on her boyfriend, unless you're in High School, then that's some serious shit that calls for a fight in the main lobby.

Otherwise just talk to her, you seem to omit this option like it's impossible to just tell her to stop doing whatever it is, that is if it's endangering to your best friend and her relationship. Otherwise, you're just reading the messages wrong.

Bang her and kick her to the curb.

Jujubie

Don't tell him. He probably won't believe you anyway.

Tell her that you feel like she is flirting with you and you are not comfortable with it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The worse that can happend is that you're mistaking and she will slap you