Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chocobo Racing Delayed and March 7th patch date

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news9842.shtml

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

* The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

* We will be making a change to the "World Pass" system. After the maintenance, you will be able to select the designated World for your new characters. For those of who are considering issuing a "World Pass" prior to the maintenance, we recommend that you use the "World Pass" before the maintenance goes into effect. You will still be able to issue a "Gold World Pass" even after the maintenance.

* For the update details, please refer to "Topics" on the official PlayOnline.com web site or PlayOnline Viewer which will be available on Mar. 7, 2007.

* Also, chocobo racing has been excluded from this version update for further testing, and is scheduled to be implemented at end of March. More details will be announced when they become available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

[Date & Time]
    Mar. 7, 2007 from 9:00 to 16:00 (PST)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI
    Bleh didnt see this in the gigantic Nyzul assault topic but w/e.

Vobent

Lol, good to have it's own topic so we can all bitch together, instead of speculate about that other thing.

But man oh man that's some funny stuff right there.

edit..and then there's LW's thread.

Fine with me, I still don't have a damn chocobo

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd much rather see update info regarding any possible job adjustments versus choco racing and the like. Same boat as many, I just haven't bothered getting my own chocobo yet, nor do I have any great desire to do so.

To those wo have, I get it....but job adjustments affect every person even if you don't level the jobs adjusted personally.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor
    I'd much rather see update info regarding any possible job adjustments versus choco racing and the like. Same boat as many, I just haven't bothered getting my own chocobo yet, nor do I have any great desire to do so.

To those wo have, I get it....but job adjustments affect every person even if you don't level the jobs adjusted personally.
    Assuming there is job adjustments, one of the following happens:

1) SE releases information on job adjustments early on. SE then releases information on chocobo racing. Players bitch about how SE releases chocobo racing information, probably because they are very impatient for the update itself and just want something to scream at.

2) SE releases information on chocobo racing early on. Players bitch because it is not "useful information", like job adjustments. SE then releases information on job adjustments.

Either way, players will bitch, so what the hell?

SE then delays chocobo racing several times...

Job adjustments will always > Chocobo Racing. Always.

Banned.

BG Level

OH GOD NOT THE CHOCOBO RACING WHICH WE ALL CARE IMMENSELY ABOUT

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Little do you know Chocobo Racing will be the new way to obtain a Ridill and we occasionally give you 10 merit points and 44k exp bufer!

And I care about Chocobo Racing >:

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They really getting slack... ahhhhhhhh.

Actually.. i'm looking forward to this.

Look at this map:
    http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps_norma...-circuit_1.jpg

As you can see, there are connections to the 5 main cities.. It looks like you can go from one to the other fairly easily.. what do you guys think?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DreizehnOfSiren
    As you can see, there are connections to the 5 main cities.. It looks like you can go from one to the other fairly easily.. what do you guys think?
    your chocobos can but you won't be allowed in.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Look at this map:

I think this was covered in another thread, but if you compare that to any other map, you'll see the text and the line leading to it don't match zone connections on other maps, so probably not the fast transit we'd all like. Instead, those are probably betting counters or something.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe

Look at this map:

I think this was covered in another thread, but if you compare that to any other map, you'll see the text and the line leading to it don't match zone connections on other maps, so probably not the fast transit we'd all like. Instead, those are probably betting counters or something.
    They are probably counters where you go to register/check up on your chococo. If you raised it in Sandy, you go to the Sandy counter for example.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe

Look at this map:

They are probably counters where you go to register/check up on your chococo. If you raised it in Sandy, you go to the Sandy counter for example.
    Because you can raise your chocobo in alzahbi and jeuno AMIRITE?!?!?!?!

sorry, somebody had to do it

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ah, you're right. Maybe then they are entrances to 'stands' for delegates and chocobo fans of the respective countries/duchy/empire? Maybe you can buy special food and items there. Speculation gogogo

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

damn

my chocobo is day 103

he shall auto-retire by the time it is released now

:<

Sagacious Sundi

5 days seem so long... Especially since I doubt we're getting any new information until Wednesday.

Also, regarding the map, I'm pretty sure it connects to all of the areas with stables in that city, except for Al Zahbi where it connects to the Merchant's Ward/Whitegate... It's also considered a "transition"/no region zone like Ferries/airships/the Halls of Transference I believe.

Xavier

SOMEBODY CUE THE PICURE OF THE TOAU TIMELINE AND SHOW THE BROKEN PROMISES!

You can say what you want about bitching, they set themselves up for it by providing a timeline and then completely ignoring it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SOLO CONTENT! SOLO ZONES!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    SOMEBODY CUE THE PICURE OF THE TOAU TIMELINE AND SHOW THE BROKEN PROMISES!

You can say what you want about bitching, they set themselves up for it by providing a timeline and then completely ignoring it.
    Yes, because you would be much more pleased with broken content that was shoved out the door to meet the time line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast