+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BG Advice Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I basically had the same thing happen to me, after 4 years in a relationship. You want an advice? During this time where you giver her space, do NOT fuck her best friend, i do NOT reccomend that in terms of chances she'll take you back.

but now, a year later. god damn i pwned that bitch.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tarune
    but now, a year later. god damn i pwned that bitch.
    ;3

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kytele
    But I'll be the first girl to tell you, women can be fucking crazy/retarded.
    I second that one, in fact I refuse to be friends with women who do not believe that women suck and there are surprisingly a lot of us.

;_; all this talk though isn't helping my insecurity that this won't end up happening to me. I love my boyfriend so much and he is such an integral part of my life I don't know what I'd do without him. Currently he feels the same way but -.- I worry too much.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

God I hate Vancouver. Vancouver fucks with people and relationships.

From a girl's point of view, sorry to say but she found someone better in her opinion. My guess is that he's still in Vancouver, and she's gonna try and work it out long distance. Which is stupid. But I'll be the first girl to tell you, women can be fucking crazy/retarded. Also, what that other guy said is a possibility. She's not quite letting you go incase her new endeavor doesn't work out.

Dump the bitch. It sucks but it's going to suck a whole lot more if you let her lead you on any further.
    This one speaks the truth.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    God I hate Vancouver. Vancouver fucks with people and relationships.

From a girl's point of view, sorry to say but she found someone better in her opinion. My guess is that he's still in Vancouver, and she's gonna try and work it out long distance. Which is stupid. But I'll be the first girl to tell you, women can be fucking crazy/retarded. Also, what that other guy said is a possibility. She's not quite letting you go incase her new endeavor doesn't work out.

Dump the bitch. It sucks but it's going to suck a whole lot more if you let her lead you on any further.
    This one speaks the truth.
    I can't help it, I hate most women I meet.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Coincidentally, I'm in this same exact situation, but change that 1.5 years into 7 years... shittiest time ever really.

On one side, you want to respect her wishes and show her you trust her by giving her space and not suffocating her. On the other side, you want to show her that you won't give up and all you want to do is make her happy and all that by reminding her of everything that was awesome between you two. It's seriously the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life.

Discussions and excitement about marraige, moving across country together, children, futures, careers over the course of 6+ years and all that just seems much too big to nullify in the course of a week over a stupid argument. I have had a lot of deep, sometimes slightly inebriated heart-to-hearts with a lot of friends lately, which has really helped the way I feel on a daily basis.

I know my own situation has a bit to do with a scary transition of her graduating from college and going into a real career and financial situations coupled with a lot of the underlying problems in a relationship that we usually just gloss over and forget about because we live 300 miles apart and when we visit eachother, we don't want to ruin our good times with bad topics. Things just built up.

Just imagine a having a girlfriend with whom you're all obnoxious and "lovey dovey" with for 6 years straight and talk to 2-3 times every day and everything is so fun all the time and then bam, your phonecalls, text messages, and emails are all completely ignored because she "needs some space to figure out what she wants and needs."

One can't help but pour so much effort into trying to repair such a thing. But it's so painful when the one you want to repair things with doesn't want the attention, just time to herself. I can semi-understand it in my case because we've literally been together since highschool so she's never been single and been able to make decisions about her life that didn't factor anyone else in. A break for being selfish basically. In such a long relationship (even 1.5 years is decently long) you start to base everything you do, buy, eat, wear, et cetera based on your partner's tastes. Coming to that realization that you're not doing anything for yourself anymore is a scary situation for most. For me, I like the idea. Perhaps I've grown slightly codependant over the years, but I get enjoyment out of making decisions and progressing and putting in work for a specific goal in life, especially one that involves a smart, awesome, and beautiful woman whom I share seven years of the best memories of my young adult life.
    Jeez man, I had the same thing happen to me. Started dating a girl in high school and all through college. 6 years into the relationship I pay 1000 to visit her abroad in London because she begged me to see her. Then before she comes home she breaks up with me on the phone, says she needs time to figure herself out, this has nothing to do with me. Well after 6 good years this is not something you want to hear. This just recently happened last year. I haven't really known what to do with myself since we've broken up. I just started my transition into the real world and I could have really used her support. Instead I just found out she is with someone else and it kills me. This is someone I grew up with and have so much love for. Now I play FF to get my mind off things... She graduates from college this year and I hope she begins to realize what she is missing once she transitions into the real world and no longer has the security blanket of college/friends...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Please, as if men are any better to deal with...

But anyway to the OP, "I need a little space" is just fancy code for "I want to break up, but am too lily-livered just come out and say it because I'm afraid that the new relationship that I am working on isn't going to work out or I am afraid of being alone so I am in the process of finding someone new; as an added bonus I enjoy playing with your heart and making you think that maybe, just maybe we can work this out making you bitter towards the whole of the gender that you date."

Yeah, there is a chance that maybe she really does want some space to figure out where the relationship is going and you two will get back together with a renewed zeal, but there is an equal chance that Carmine Electra is going to show up on your front door with a pizza and six-pack of Mt. Dew looking to give you emotional support during your trying time. It would not violate any of the physical laws of the universe, so it is technically possible.

Give her permission to see other guys, and don't accept her phone calls because she is going to use you as an emotional trash dump.

Eventually you would have gotten tired of her anyways..... take this chance to go out and have some fun.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just go out, fastest way to get over someone.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Carmine Electra
    I can't tell if you were thinking "Carmen" or "Eruca".

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Carmine Electra
    I can't tell if you were thinking "Carmen" or "Eruca".
    Eruca, or Dobsonfly?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've gotten that verbatim before, in my situation the girl wanted to get back with her ex.

I can pretty much guarantee that means:

A: she's already fucked someone else at this point and is simply softening the blow

B: she's already fucked someone else or WANTS to fuck someone else, but in case it doesn't work out she didn't "totally" screw up her backup plan, which is you.

In any case, as most have said, take her words as "I'm not satisfied with you anymore and when I'm single in the future I may come back to fuck you but since I know i can do better, i'll never have a relationship with you again--i'll just mindfuck you some."

Sorry and good luck.

Kill her, If you can't have her no one can

Of all places, why come to BG for relationship advice?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Obev
    Of all places, why come to BG for relationship advice?
    Because were better than Dr Phil. 8)

Dr. Phil would give stupid fucking advice and basically tell him to bend over and suffer through her cheating on him.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Dr. Phil would give stupid fucking advice and basically tell him to bend over and suffer through her cheating on him.
    Ok so this means I was right?