Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small group Ix'drk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Small group Ix'drk

I've heard a lot about solo/duo/small party ix'aerns, and actually done ix'drg with 2, I was wondering how the DRK NM is handled. It seems easy enough to pop, and I assume after that you lead it to the big open ring room or the zoneline and DoT/nuke? What's the best setup, are crimson cuisses necesarry to kite, and how do you lose the 2 RNG helpers? Thanks in advance^^.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i did a duo/later trio with rdm blm thf

just brought it to the enterance and kited it around while blm nuked and zoned. without w.legs i would have had a far more difficult time. to lose the helpers you have someone outside of party just diaga and run in the opposite direction, if they are clever they can make it up the elevator without dying.

i really wouldn't advise doing it without the ability to kill it at a resonable rate (dot kite is not a resonable rate.. and if you get hit during BW.. ).. as it just takes far too long and if you get unlucky with RR you are going to be there all day

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Aerns have shared hate. The moment they aggro, everyone nearby will also have hate.

Like the previous poster said, you need someone outside PT to claim any of the aern, pull them to zone while someone else grab Ix'drk/Qn'Aern off the train to pull it away. The 2nd PT wont get shared hate on the other 2 since they are already aggroed on another PT.

The best place to pull them is the elevator north of entrance (other side of the door) or any of the tower (harder to pull since there is 1ghrah and pot otw). Once you are there, you can just nuke and kite.

Soloing/duoing would be doable, but it takes far too much time with RR. The best strategy I can think of to kill it with 3 people is to have 1 person train ix'drk over and over at zone (to keep it up), while other 2 duo both Qn one at time. Qn'rng have around 6k hp I believe, and they take like 20% from thunder4.

But seriously, just ask in your LS when it pop if anyone could come help. Having 6 people there is an easy kill, and it doesnt take long to get there

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Aerns have shared hate. The moment they aggro, everyone nearby will also have hate.
    Thats so false...someone musta been resting.

I was trioing Ix'MNK blm blm rdm, I popped w/ 3 organs while in party and ran to a portal to zone off the 2 useless qn's. I ran these aerns through the other two members, the ix was claimed, and the qn's went back to their spawns w/out any complication. DRK isnt any different in my experience, tho I havent done it in a while.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Thats so false...someone musta been resting.

I was trioing Ix'MNK blm blm rdm, I popped w/ 3 organs while in party and ran to a portal to zone off the 2 useless qn's. I ran these aerns through the other two members, the ix was claimed, and the qn's went back to their spawns w/out any complication. DRK isnt any different in my experience, tho I havent done it in a while.
    Maybe you are right, we always train ix'drk to zone once before repulling it. We are usually out of mp and they link with other aern around, so we have to reorganize before doing a serious pull.

I'm pretty sure if you pull them again, they are all going to link and have shared hate on your team tho.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well w/ my set group, we cant exactly determine who gets the animosity. If I'm the one with it, I'll pop the NM's and run as usual in the general direction of the middle, then one of the 2 ppl I'm with will do something to Ix and head to the middle portal. I'll beeline to a 2nd floor portal, zone up, and then zone back down and head to Ix.

The Qn's may have a larger than normal link range, which is what you may be refering to, since I'm forced to head to a portal opposed to just the exit to Palace and really seperate the Qn's from Ix or they'll go back and assist it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if you pop it and zone. Then go back and tag a qn aren and while you zone it, someone in your same pt claims Ix'Aren and drags it away it will be a clean pull. Did this with 2 rdms for 1 rr then had a few friends come and killed it 4-5 more times. This thing has a ton of hp. If your gonna small man it plan to waste a few hours there :X

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

im still not clear on the pull method.. i small man'd this with 3 people (4 sorta, was 2boxing, but during the fight i wasnt using the second character)

anyways i had gotten animosity on my smn... so i popped ix'drk and told the rdm to pull him to the porter while i ran to zone the qn... however i didnt drop pt.. so when i zoned out of the palace, the qn were starting to run back and follow the rdm...

now i had the blm i was 2boxing still at the pop location, so when i saw them running back, i dropped pt and sleepga'd them to pull hate... i died shortly after but the qn this time stayed in the room

---

if i had kited on my smn(had gaiters) after popping, and let the rdm outside pt claim the other 2 with diaga... would the helpers have followed me back after him zoning them?