Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Travialce's Report on the State of the Empire (03/06/2007)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Dear Prince Trion, Lion of the Kingdom,

I trust this missive finds His Royal Highness in good health and fine spirits.

Please find enclosed a simple diagram displaying the relations I have discovered between the various individuals and organizations within the Empire of Aht Urhgan.

I have also included notations of certain observations I have made during my sojourn here in the Near East.

I hope this information may prove useful.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...530/1530_0.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/top...t/im070305.jpg

Empress Nashmeira II

This individual remains shrouded in mystery.

However, one thing is clear: Her Magnificence is no simple puppet under the control of the Grand Vizier. This is evidenced in her decision to authorize the establishment of the mercenary company "Salaheem's Sentinels," despite vehement protest from her closest advisors.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...530/1530_6.jpg

Grand Vizier Razfahd

The Grand Vizier's main function appears to be the command of the Imperial Guard, or "the Immortals," as they are more commonly known. As His Highness suspects, I am almost certain that the Grand Vizier's constant deployment of these Immortals to the various reaches of the continent--despite their primary role as bodyguards to the Empress--is in some way connected to the Astral Candescence.

Aht Urhgan Archaeological Research Institute

The A.A.R.I. is an organization funded by the Imperial Palace.
    It appears to be occupied with the investigation of historical remnants; however, the fact that it is led by the alchemist responsible for the development of automatons, and also has the frequent cooperation of the Immortals, suggests an agenda beyond simple archaeology.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...530/1530_7.jpg

Lady Aphmau, the Court Puppetmaster

I have learned few absolute truths concerning this inhabitant of Al Zahbi beyond her occupation and her ability to simultaneously control a pair of automatons. Judging from her speech and dress, I have little doubt that she resides within the Imperial Palace, and has ties to the Imperial family.
    Lady Aphmau has already come into contact with the agent in question, and I intend to observe her future movements with increased vigilance.

The Ashu Talif

I have learned that the ghost ship spoken of in recent rumors is also known as "the Black Coffin." This vessel is under the command of one Admiral Luzaf--a man who is gathering growing support under a flag hostile to the Empire.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...530/1530_8.jpg

It is my intention to attempt a closer investigation of this ship in the near future.

Salaheem's Sentinels

This mercenary company has changed little since the departure of His Highness.

However, I am concerned by the subversive behavior of one particular employee. It is possible that our agent entrenched within their ranks would know more of this employee's motivations.

This concludes my report.

Your loyal servant, Travialce

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

cliff notes

tl;dr

your sig is fun

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin
    CoP needed a chart like this.

I like they mention "east empire". Kinda hint they might play a more important role eventually..i hope <_< Also, there has to be something bigger with those 2 puppet. Aphmau doesnt seem to control them that well.

Banned.

BG Level

You fail for no pictures. Can a mod edit these in?

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...530/1530_0.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/top...t/im070305.jpg

Wafik... there is hardly a half of page of writing there. Do you have ADD?

Why am I getting the feeling SE got too many "CoP IS TOO COMPLEX" complaints in the past and are now kind of spelling everything out for everyone. Still cool though, really like the chart.

PS: I just wish they included something resembling new information. We know all this already.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Wafik... there is hardly a half of page of writing there. Do you have ADD?
    no ADD, but it looks like a boring story written by SE, I don't care about storyline, therefore, give me cliff notes on what it's talking about (i.e cut the bullshit ). If there's anything related to the game / update i'd like to hear about it, otherwise /fart.

Banned.

BG Level

There is nothing about game mechanics in any of it. So fart or something.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    There is nothing about game mechanics in any of it. So fart or something.
    done

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I must have missed the CS, or skipped through it too quick where it said Aht Urghan was at war with the far east, or I could have just forgotten.

In any case that'd be cool if for the ending of ToAU they had a Mission that required you to have finished all 3 story lines (basically have Apocalypse Nigh done and all Treasure Missions done). And have the far east about to wage an all out war with Aht Urghan, but Tenzen turns out to be one of the generals and notices "you" and halts the attack

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Flow chart is nifty

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Far east should conspire with the beastmen armies and totally destroy al zahbi, taking the cansendence to the Far East, so we never have beseiged again

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I think they'll put another quest in at the end to tie in CoP and ToAU like they did Zilart and CoP since they do overlap. Much like CoP and Zilart overlapped with their stories all about the ancients and blah. This time ToAU's like "hay guys there's more to the world~" and then it occurs that the very empire we're helping is the exact empire our good buddy Tenzen was all "oh noes" about!

Man, we've still got to meet the head honcho of the Mamool Ja unless Gulool Ja Ja is the Autriach. Which I think would be really lame because I read it as more as a sophiscated leader not a "HULK SMASH I HAVE TWO HEADS" guy

It's obvious that the Trolls will be important, especially considering they were regarded as the Empire's biggest threat. And who knows about the Undead it's just a bunch of "ah god we made monsters and now they're necromancers :O" I honestly don't think the Undead will play a large part >.>

Mamool Ja- used to pay tribute to the Empire but now they've gone craaaaazy like wamouras

Trolls- used to be employed by the Empire now they've gone insane like wamouracampa

Lamiae- who cares undead are gay

('-'*)I think that will happen Wafik, that the Far East and the beastmen team up and go HIYAH to take a candescence. I think we'll be put there to stop them however, so of course they won't win, cause you know I'm the goddamn Rocl and I'll block them with my awesome aura of pure winnation.

I just woke up so I'm sure I'm missing something, but this does get me excited for the new missions!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Aht Urhgan being at war with the far east is implied all throughout the storyline. Even the flags two snakes represent the Empires defenses, one facing the far east and the other facing the beastmen to the west.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    aura of pure winnation.
    Sounds like something that should drop from AV

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    tl;dr

your sig is fun
    Don't blame you.

Image is from a Japanese safe-sex advertisement for 12-15 year olds.

Banned.

BG Level

Trolls and Gigas are both allies, they are practically the same. If we go to the North, we will likely find Troll Mercenaries up there.

I hope next expansion does two areas at once. I mean, the North can't be that big and unique, so why not just slap it on as two regions in the next expansion. This game can't go on forever, and we need like what, 5 expansions to go at least?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Trolls and Gigas are both allies, they are practically the same. If we go to the North, we will likely find Troll Mercenaries up there.

I hope next expansion does two areas at once. I mean, the North can't be that big and unique, so why not just slap it on as two regions in the next expansion. This game can't go on forever, and we need like what, 5 expansions to go at least?
    I kinda wish at time they would sell a 20$ new expansion every 6-9 months with a "complete" new set of story/mission (and maybe one gimmick/end game feature)

I'm kinda annoyed at the rate we get the story and new area to explore.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Why am I getting the feeling SE got too many "CoP IS TOO COMPLEX" complaints in the past and are now kind of spelling everything out for everyone. Still cool though, really like the chart.
    The time inbetween cutscenes is ultimately what hurts understanding CoP's plot. (This is more or less a personal reason, obviously someone with a better memory would be less affected.) By this, of course, I mean the simple fact that that you typically do one or two missions in one sitting due to everyone's time restrictions.

In either case, I'm surprised that they'd do that for these missions which have been extremely simplistic thus far compared to CoP (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by JMunin
    However, one thing is clear: Her Magnificence is no simple puppet under the control of the Grand Vizier. This is evidenced in her decision to authorize the establishment of the mercenary company "Salaheem's Sentinels," despite vehement protest from her closest advisors.
    I think that wording is interesting given our current suspicions about the court puppetmaster. It probably has no real significance.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

I kinda wish at time they would sell a 20$ new expansion every 6-9 months with a "complete" new set of story/mission (and maybe one gimmick/end game feature)

I'm kinda annoyed at the rate we get the story and new area to explore.
    To be honest, I'd happy if they would bring back Vana'diel Tribune... well, the good parts of Vana'diel Tribune, not the interview a crafter crap, and made it weekly. Character profiles and more information on stuff we should know already(how long do Tarutaru live for example). And have it have some small effect on actual gameplay. Like they hype up this big monster for a couple of weeks and it appears in an update as a cool and tough HNM.

That way, people like Wafik don't have complain about "content" being wasted on story, because its pretty much entirely optional to click on those articles and read them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast