+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Joker (Working title for next Batman movie?)

I just found this very small picture of Heath Ledger in his Joker makeup and I figured it was BG worthy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...edgerJoker.jpg

I think this movie is going to be fucking epic. Michael Cain blew my mind with the 1st Batman Begins, kept everything semi-realistic, and then he made The Prestige and that blew me away too (not so much tho, fucking 4chan spoiler threads =\)

Any thoughts?

Xavier

It would take some momumental screw-up to make this movie suck. The first one was such a great re-birth of the series, w/ Nolan and Bale, that I just don't see how the follow-up couldn't be just as amazing, assuming they're given the same kind of freedom in making the movie.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

"The Dark Knight" is the working title

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wished they picked a different villian to focus on, The Joker is pretty pathetic, plus he already stared in the batman movie. Then again.. how many well know batman enemies are there? Joker, Mr Freeze, Scarecrow, Penguin, 2face, Ivy and Catwoman? Theyve all already played major roles in past movies.. I wished the would of picked one of the lesser known ones. Oh, was Bane ever in a movie? Bane would make a kick ass villian these days, specially with what they can do with special effects.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Firefly, Killer Croc, Riddler

makojr

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    <snip> Oh, was Bane ever in a movie? Bane would make a kick ass villian these days, specially with what they can do with special effects.
    Bane was Poison Ivvy's bodyguard in the one with George Clooney.

Banned.

BG Level

I do believe that picture is photoshopped. (and is ofn).

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I do believe that picture is photoshopped. (and is ofn).
    I know what picture you're thinking of...and yes, THAT was photoshopped, but not the one in the original post.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I can't say i like it if that's how the joker is going to look

..and i am pretty sure 2-Face is going to have a big role in this one, no?

On the Michael Caine thing, you see him in Children of Men? lol that totally shocked me, not how i am used to seeing him, was cool though.

I always thought Tommy Lee Jones played a pretty good 2Face, so it would be weird to see him again.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    I always thought Tommy Lee Jones played a pretty good 2Face, so it would be weird to see him again.

wut?

What?

He was Two-Face when Jim Carrey was the Riddler I thought?

If they did the Batman Vs Predator series done in the same style as Batman Begins and used Bale, Cain, etc, I think it could be sick.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Harvey Dent is in this one, helping to try and catch the Joker, in the climax of the film, in a fight with the Joker or something, he gets he acid on him that turns him into Two-Face, setting him up to be the bad guy in the 3rd film, according to some interview/rumor website I read. Be damned if I can find the link again though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

They should have a Batman+Superman movie with Christian Bale and Brandon Routh playing their respective superheroes cause....that'd be hot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vertabreaker
    If they did the Batman Vs Predator series done in the same style as Batman Begins and used Bale, Cain, etc, I think it could be sick.
    I think they're trying to keep it back to the darker tone of the first Michael Keaton ones. Joker makes a pretty dark villian considering what he does and his psychotic attitude towards it.

Going to be tough for Heath to top Jack Nicholson though.

That said, I think villians like the Penguin and Riddler might be out of the question ( even though they did an awesome job with the Penguin in Batman Returns, hard to top that ). I'm sure a good writer can make them really dark enough to fit the new series, but it will be a bit of work imo. It's got to be tough to take some of these villains and old storylines and not make them so canny, like how the first run of movies ended up going from dark adult to kid movies.

As long as they leave out stuff like Robin and the other 50-60's elements this series will be awesome.

And a Batman vs Predator series like the comic run would be awesome, but would not gross I think because most people that didn't read or know about that series would think it was just a corny promotional goof.

Didn't help that Aliens vs Predator sucked balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabreaker
    I think they're trying to keep it back to the darker tone of the first Michael Keaton ones. Joker makes a pretty dark villian considering what he does and his psychotic attitude towards it.

Going to be tough for Heath to top Jack Nicholson though.

That said, I think villians like the Penguin and Riddler might be out of the question ( even though they did an awesome job with the Penguin in Batman Returns, hard to top that ). I'm sure a good writer can make them really dark enough to fit the new series, but it will be a bit of work imo. It's got to be tough to take some of these villains and old storylines and not make them so canny, like how the first run of movies ended up going from dark adult to kid movies.

As long as they leave out stuff like Robin and the other 50-60's elements this series will be awesome.

And a Batman vs Predator series like the comic run would be awesome, but would not gross I think because most people that didn't read or know about that series would think it was just a corny promotional goof.

Didn't help that Aliens vs Predator sucked balls.
    I hear ya. The problem I have with most comic to movie translations is that there's too many side comics and too many factors to take into consideration and you can't possibly cram that much information into a 2hour movie without skipping pieces of the comic that made the comic work or adding things that weren't in the comic originally.

I would much rather see comic to movies made from smaller series such as the Batman Vs Predator series, Spider-Man Torment series, etc where there's less to worry about and allow them to make the movie more accurate and still keep the movie interesting to all masses. I think the new batman will be sick as long as they keep it as close to batman beings as best they can.

*Ninja edit: On a side note, I hope I hope I hope the one movie I hope they never make is Batman vs Spawn...god damn that crossover was horrid.

Banned.

BG Level

What?

Some say that his acting as Two-Face was some of the worst ever. I was just kind of floored you liked it.

Anyway, hopefully they let Harvey Dent develop as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    What?

Some say that his acting as Two-Face was some of the worst ever. I was just kind of floored you liked it.

Anyway, hopefully they let Harvey Dent develop as a character.
    Did you agree with that?

He was definitely better than Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy. I enjoyed him and Jim Carrey.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wheres the bright purple suit?