Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level

Shit you'd like to say to SE devs/Sage Sundi/ect

I understand what you mean by wanting to keep things rare, however your methods of doing so are not actually making the challenge harder. All it is doing is making the challenge unavailable to be tried. Instead of making monsters harder to come in contact with and fight, why not make them harder so only the best can defeat them. Then players will truly "fear" them and have actually worked for their items. As of right now, it is your provoke macro, or worse, your bot, which really goes the work for you. From that point on, the fight is usually easy and some of the "best" HNMs can be beaten by small groups.
    in response to:

We believe that because these powerful monsters dwell deep inside dungeons, players fear them more and the dropped items resulting from defeat of said monsters have added value because they are difficult to obtain.

Go

New Merits
    BG Level

What durgs are you on!?
    and where can I get some?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sady
    What durgs are you on!?
    and where can I get some?
    Your sig quote would also seem to apply. Apparently their reality IS an illusion.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Shit you'd like to say to SE devs/Sage Sundi/ect

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I understand what you mean by wanting to keep things rare, however your methods of doing so are not actually making the challenge harder. All it is doing is making the challenge unavailable to be tried. Instead of making monsters harder to come in contact with and fight, why not make them harder so only the best can defeat them. Then players will truly "fear" them and have actually worked for their items. As of right now, it is your provoke macro, or worse, your bot, which really goes the work for you. From that point on, the fight is usually easy and some of the "best" HNMs can be beaten by small groups.
    in response to:

[quote:47006]We believe that because these powerful monsters dwell deep inside dungeons, players fear them more and the dropped items resulting from defeat of said monsters have added value because they are difficult to obtain.

Go[/quote:47006]

they didnt take your instanced kings idea too seriously eh?

Fafnir is a joke now a days, it was "fear"d 3 years ago....
    but now it can be killed with 6 good players
    like someone said you fear the bots or ga-ing a darter more then the scary looking dragon.....
    here ill do a auto translate.... incase some SE tard reads this thread
    (fear)
    (That's too bad.)
    (treasure)
    only

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Shit you'd like to say to SE devs/Sage Sundi/ect

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    in response to:

[quote:3b1ea]We believe that because these powerful monsters dwell deep inside dungeons, players fear them more and the dropped items resulting from defeat of said monsters have added value because they are difficult to obtain.

Go
    they didnt take your instanced kings idea too seriously eh?[/quote:3b1ea]

huh? I guess not?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i thought you were the one who drew up a diagram for instanced kings and gave a detailed walkthrough about it then Bercus presented it to Sage Sundi and those 2 other people at the last interview, then they said "this looks like a really good idea" and took that shit with them lol

Banned.

BG Level

Oh yeah, you confused me. No I guess not... well, maybe, maybe this Assault thing will be shockingly similar. Either way, it was just a random example of how we want our kings: not the way they are now.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

fear. video game. huh?

With thousands of players there is an acceptable amount of rarity. When that number is less then 1% it's too rare..

Fear to me implies something that can't be six-manned.

Fear to me would be Fafnir sweeping the zone, ignoring pathetic attempts at holding his attention, and eating whoever he damn well pleased.

Fafnir should be spinning around and flailing on a regular basis, considering it's what everyone fears. Randomly spitting death on people on the hate list, not just the top- or taking a few rounds to chomp on someone that isn't sitting there spamming hate boosters all day. And recovering health from KOing players (*chomp* Mmm, tastes like Taru-spicy chocobo...).

Predictability is the bane of "scary" monsters. Serket was "scary" once. Now he's a /yawn.

And should this be in Newbie section, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    fear. video game. huh?

With thousands of players there is an acceptable amount of rarity. When that number is less then 1% it's too rare..
    just imagine how rare said items would be if the ppl camping it 3 hrs everyday didn't anymore. its only acceptable if you can do that.........most non gaijin can't
    maybe those rare items would be spread out more over the playerbase and not just 1 or 2 linkshells per server

edit: couldnt tell if you are arguing for/against SE for a min..

lol

Xavier

In all honesty, I can picture their idea of fixing Fafnir is to change him to a 2-5 day spawn, and removing any noteworthy drops. Now where have I seen that wyrm before...

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

against. They need to up drop rates or ability to get said "rare" items. Trying to say that when you have thousands of players per server and only 1% or so have those rare items they are too rare.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    In all honesty, I can picture their idea of fixing Fafnir is to change him to a 2-5 day spawn, and removing any noteworthy drops. Now where have I seen that wyrm before...
    make Lord of Onzozo drop Ridill

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    make Lord of Onzozo drop Ridill
    And maybe in 2009 they'll make Ridill drop from a BCNM.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm tired of paying for your luxurious lobster dinners and hotel sweets and getting almost nothing in return.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fuck Fafnir!

WHY AM I @#$@#%$% 0/44 ON LL?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶