Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enfeebling the Gods     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Enfeebling the Gods

I got into a recent fight of sorts early in the evening another person about the nature of enfeebling the Gods in Sky. This person claimed that a Rdm in his LS can easily and reliably silence Suzaka, I believe the exact words were "near 100%". All with out Elemental Seal.

I called it pretty much total Bullshit, but they insisted that he could do it. And it pretty much ended with me leaving and blisting them.

I have every enfeebling magic boosting item you can get but the Sea Cape, was at one time 8/8 enfeebling magic (now 6/2 enfeeb/elemental), and 3/2 Wind/Ice Magic Acc. While I have silenced the gods, its always lasted less than 5 seconds, and never reliably. I can hardly land other enfeebles as well.

However, since despite all my flaws I still have an open mind, can any rdms here reliably enfeeble the Sky Gods now? Will boosting my skill 6M. Acc and 7 more skill magically let me enfeeble them at will?

Sorry if people think this was a stupid topic, but it is important to me.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Some people like to bullshit.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never.

Gonna.

Happen.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

my thunder IVs do 200000 dmg to kirin and nevar get resisted, in full MAB gear. i swear. i solo him.

no reason for posting, i just can't sleep and hoping to see the update info as it comes out.

as others have said, bullshit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Martinius
    my thunder IVs do 200000 dmg to kirin and nevar get resisted, in full MAB gear. i swear. i solo him.

no reason for posting, i just can't sleep and hoping to see the update info as it comes out.

i solo AV on NIN on a regular basis, all you need is enough +Ninjutsu armor to land Hojo on him and /BST for Courier Carrie to tank his wynavs

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur

i solo AV on NIN on a regular basis, all you need is enough +Ninjutsu armor to land Hojo on him and /BST for Courier Carrie to tank his wynavs
    I see what you did there.

Nice sig :D

While the rdm in your LS was obviously lieing, i've found that a good majority of the time when i used to fight suzy as bard, after chainspell my silence would stick. Granted I only attempted it like 5 times, but it stuck 4/5 of those times. Obviously the solution is to go BRD/WHM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

can we derail this thread into the 'bored during maint. thread, but not the update notes and orgasm/anger over new content' thread?

i submit:

http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/wp...knockfirst.jpg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Award of the best Cat pic ever

Banned.

BG Level

Truth: 90% of the time, cat pictures are funny/cuter without text. Admiral Cat and the like are the few exceptions.

Half the time, it is like the canned laughter of sitcoms or the explained jokes of Family Guy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

i agree. but this one is my personal favorite, simply because the look of unequivocal glee on the cat's face:

http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/116...1455485982.jpg

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur

Look Isildur I like you but damnit you cant use jugs on SJ BST!
    For a moment I believed you too ; ;

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

He simply Charmed the courier carrie from another bst. It's the nin only trait "jug snatcher".

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pretty much what everyone else said. It's bullshit.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Yea that's definately complete bullshit.
    I believe I've silenced Suzaku about 4 or 5 times (out of who knows how many) with 317 enfeebling and 3 wind acc, all lasting a decent amount of time. Kirin, I've silenced twice which lasted maybe a minute or so.
    I don't get resisted much on mobs weak to spell element, like Slow on Byakko, which lands probably 85% of the time (317 enfeebling, 3 earth acc, Terra's staff, Slow II mod 2).

And to Fuuko, 6 more acc and 7 more skill will still not let you enfeeble at will, the only way you'll have an easIER time enfeebling gods/hnm is with max enfeebling (349?), max merits, hq staves, and against elements weak to the spell. Otherwise don't expect to be 100% accurate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by malak
    I don't get resisted much on mobs weak to spell element, like Slow on Byakko, which lands probably 85% of the time (317 enfeebling, 3 earth acc, Terra's staff, Slow II mod 2).
    i thought byakko was light element, not thunder.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't care what your gear/merit setup is, sky gods will resist more and without any semblance of pattern than I can begin to describe.

I'm sitting at 324 skill at the moment (4 merits, tabard, d. chap, enf. torque/earring) with HQ ice/wind/earth/dark staves and 2 ice, 2 wind acc merits.

I've silenced bigboy suzaku twice since getting my duelist's chapeau, once during the last 10 seconds of his chainspell and it lasted for a good minute, the other time for about 10 seconds right before his chainspell (that so conviently wore just before his "Suzaku uses Chainspell." message.) This was even during iceday, and I was /drk with no elemental seal.

The next week at kirin on windsday with wind weather, I couldn't silence baby suzaku as RDM/BLM even using Elemental Seal. Go figure.

All I can suggest is take advantage of your skillchains if your LS still does them on gods, those DO help a ton. Darkness on Byakko is a great chance to slam slow/paralyze/blind/poison on him for example, and Fragmentation/Light skillchains can really help with gravity resists on Kirin if you kite any of the fight. We do a kite Kirin, kill minis, then zerg technique currently, and by the end of the kiting session resists can start to build up at times...this is where skillchains can help.

Also, I'm a firm believer in "team enfeebling", something I've been trying to espouse on my linkshell for years. DRKs landing <Dark Seal>ABS-MND, BLMs land <Elemental Seal>Shock, NINs use Raiton:Ni, BRD aims for Earth Threnody, RDM casts Slow II....and bam, it makes Byakko swing at your tank like Corky. But even then, it still can resist.