Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

New Mercenary Ranks and Assault Missions (03/07/2007)

Insomnia + F5 FTW

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html
    New Mercenary Rank

In the upcoming version update, players will gain access to a new evaluation quest for promotion to the rank of Chief Sergeant. Head over to Salaheem's Sentinels, and find out what life-threatening mayhem lies in store for you this time around!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...549/1549_1.jpg

New Assault Missions

Five new Assault missions will be added for players with the rank of Chief Sergeant. The new Nyzul Isle Assault area will also provide an epic challenge for mercenaries of all ranks.

Also, this. http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... tail2.html

Assault Briefing Room: Imperial Code

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...549/1549_7.jpg

Good afternoon, everyone. I'm Imperial Army Special Operations Commander Rasfhul, and today I will be giving you mercenaries a detailed briefing on an extremely sensitive issue facing the Empire. Remember, all information relayed here is highly classified. If you have no intentions on participating in this mission, I suggest you leave this room immediately. Any of you caught disclosing information learned here will be severely disciplined. Understood?

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...549/1549_9.jpg

Now, I'd like to start off by asking you all a question. Why is it that despite relentless attacks by the barbarian hordes, the star of our mighty Empire still shines brightest in the night sky? Because our generals are the strongest? Because our walls are the tallest? Because our blades are the sharpest? Correct! But that's not the answer I'm looking for. The reason we've kept the fiends at bay for so long is because of our impeccably flawless battle strategies. And what, I ask you, is the most important thing when contriving an impeccably flawless battle strategy? Intel! And how do we go about obtaining that intel? Not by linkshell, that's for sure. While the linkshell may be a handy tool to tell your mamma that you need some new diapers, the whole network has more holes than your underwear. You never know who may be listening in on a conversation.

And that's why the Imperial Army has spent millions of gil on developing a high-tech device to securely relay sensitive messages between headquarters here in Al Zahbi and our operatives out there behind enemy lines. That top-secret device is called the OGMA. Don't ask me what it stands for, because that's top-secret as well. While it looks and works like a linkshell, the OGMA encrypts all speech sent via the device, making it impossible for any wiretappers to make sense of the intended message. Only a person with another OGMA to do the decrypting work will be able to crack the code. And when I say person, I mean Galka, because our scientists are still working on the technology to construct an OGMA smaller than a thundermelon. In other words, secure intel communications made possible by the OGMA are what keep our army one step ahead of our enemies--ultimately resulting in the framework for our impeccable flawless battle strategies!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...49/1549_11.jpg

Which brings me to my point. What were to happen if an OGMA were to fall into enemy hands? That's right, all hell would break loose. And that's why the Imperial Army has called you here today. During a recent siege on the Empire by the beastmen, a small unit of ninja spies dispatched by our Far Eastern enemies snuck past our defenses and stole an OGMA from one of our storage facilities. If they manage to successfully transport the device back to their home base, the enemy would be able to decipher our codes, thus compromising the safety of our troops on the frontlines, and in turn the safety of the Empire herself. Your orders are to intercept the enemy unit and retrieve the OGMA using any means necessary. But proceed with extreme caution. We have received reports indicating that these ninjas wield mysterious and deadly forms of ninjutsu.

You are dismissed!
    Hoping for patch details already...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yay, more assault. Let's just hope I still know 2-3 people who still play the game and are rank 7. >_>

New Merits
    BG Level

Epic challenge! I hope it's not lame..lol. Really looking forward to the update notes as well.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

BEARD

Black Belt
    BG Level

the OGMA thing sounds pretty intense. secret ninjas n' shit.

LazyShell
    BG Level

i hope i wasn't the only one who thought of jumper when reading the assault briefing thing

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    BEARD
    The guy's doofy looking. I did him a favor by not inserting images.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I approve of any Ninja Hunting done in this game.

Pics because I had a nicely formatted post before OP beat me to the punch.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...549/1549_1.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...549/1549_7.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...549/1549_9.jpg

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...49/1549_11.jpg

_____

Cliff notes

-One new assault rank with 5 new missions.
    -Go recover a communication device because the spies were dumb enough to lose it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

About time they mixed in some Far East in the story, beastmen gets boring.

Banned.

BG Level

Doesn't sound like it's part of the story, just sounds like background for the new Leujaoam assault.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Guess I need to get my Assault static out of retirement

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: New Mercenary Ranks and Assault Missions (03/07/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition
    But proceed with extreme caution. We have received reports indicating that these ninjas wield mysterious and deadly forms of ninjutsu.
    Does this mean whenever they introduce the Far East in a bigger scope, they'll give NINs higher Ninjutsu spells? I hope so!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradition
    But proceed with extreme caution. We have received reports indicating that these ninjas wield mysterious and deadly forms of ninjutsu.
    Does this mean whenever they introduce the Far East in a bigger scope, they'll give NINs higher Ninjutsu spells? I hope so!
    probably means the mobs involved can cast dokumori: ni and the san nukes

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No Isi, it means they plan to be cockteases again and the secret ninjas will be casting Sleep: Ni and Death: Ni on us. Can't wait!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

cool 8)

i hope they end assault with this patch

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Talus
    No Isi, it means they plan to be cockteases again and the secret ninjas will be casting Sleep: Ni and Death: Ni on us. Can't wait!
    At least we'll get to see the animations amirite?

Banned.

BG Level

And that's why the Imperial Army has spent millions of gil
    FAIL. Why would the Empire use foreign currency?! My gosh.

Sounds cool. More Assaults are always fun, too bad all the IDs will probably get burnt up being used on new Nyzul Assault.

btw, edit in the pictures. No reason to not include them. We should make that a rule.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    And that's why the Imperial Army has spent millions of gil
    FAIL. Why would the Empire use foreign currency?! My gosh.

Sounds cool. More Assaults are always fun, too bad all the IDs will probably get burnt up being used on new Nyzul Assault.

btw, edit in the pictures. No reason to not include them. We should make that a rule.
    incoming SE response: "We created Nyzul Isle Assaults as a way to decrease the amount of tags on the server because there is such an abundance of them."

A. Body
    BG Level

Yay Far East cocktease that doesn't actually tell us anything....wait...

Boo extra merc rank I have to get.

Well, this story stuff is unexpected, so it's welcome.
    While it's possible they'd make a story write up for a mission, why would they?
    It seems like a waste of time considering how simplistic it is.
    It's almost as if they're expecting you to suspect something more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast