Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nyzul Isle findings!!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nyzul Isle findings!!

our first run, we reached floor 4 and ran out of time on the lamps. second run we beat floor 4 and saved, but it didnt record our progress for some reason or another.

we fought a few NMs on the second round, and they all dropped ??? counterpart items (such as the sheep dropped ??? gloves, because the real one drops summoner gloves) which appriased into crap.

http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_213426.jpg
    http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_214658.jpg
    http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_215003.jpg

third round we fought a few NMs including leaping lizzy, and saved after we beat the fifth floor for 700 tokens. we appraised the item and got bounding boots!

http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_225028.jpg
    http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_225622.jpg
    http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_230024.jpg
    http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_230600.jpg
    http://www.theblackroses-ls.com/nyzu...307_231710.jpg

No pictures, but here's a summary of my experience so far:

First floor was "defeat the enemy leader," which was a Qiqrin NM. He runs around dropping mines behind him, which can start to do a lot of damage if you keep running over them, so we decided to hang back and let him run around until he came back to us.

After beating him floor 2 had no objective at all, just a bunch of chests with temp items inside. My advice is that if you get to a floor like this, IMMEDIATELY go down to the next floor instead of wasting time like we did. I thought it was some kind of mistake when the rune didn't tell us an objective, but a few mins later I realized, and that cost us in the end.

Floor 3 was defeat all enemies, pretty easy. Some imps, a rampart, and a soulflayer, then we went down.

Floor 4 was light all lamps, big pain in the ass. They all have to be list simultaneously, there were 5 of them, with various mobs surrounding. Stealths DO work in here, so it is possible to avoid aggro and speed this up instead of killing them. We wasted time killing mobs here, and this floor took by far the longest.

Floor 5 was defeat a specific enemy, but we timed out before we could even find it, so no save point.

I cannot stress enough that EVERY SINGLE SECOND COUNT. Do not waste more time than you have to, do not kill things that don't have to be killed if you can help it. I have some pics, but nothing worth posting really, about to do another run, I may have info in an hour or so.

One thing I don't understand after re-reading the patch info, can you save at any floor, or what? Since you have the option to exit every time you activate a Rune of Transfer.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nutmeg Custard = Win

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

we went three times and every floor had a randomized map, with randomized mobs on them. out of all 13-15 floors we did, not one was the same.

a few things to note:

- There are Ramparts on these floors, they are extremly weak and do not spawn any monsters

- We had two different types of objectives for the "Light the Lamps" floors we encountered, one was to activate a few lamps at the same time, the other was to have every party member "register" themselves with a lamp by touching it.

- All NMs seem to be buffed up. Leaping Lizzy seemed like a level 70 mob, it hit me as war for 118 damage normal hit.

- We had the option to save on every floor before continuing to the next, but when we saved after we beat floor 4, we did not have the option to start off there after we came back with a new tag. we managed to save after beating floor 5, but we do not have anymore tags today to see if we can continue or not.

- Right when you enter the assault, your put in a room with a transfer portal, and if you click it youll get a key item (runic disk) which is used to save your progress. everyone can obtain the item without messing up the assault, although only one person can save the data on their disk when your done.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz
    we went three times and every floor had a randomized map, with randomized mobs on them. out of all 13-15 floors we did, not one was the same.

a few things to note:

- There are Ramparts on these floors, they are extremly weak and do not spawn any monsters

- We had two different types of objectives for the "Light the Lamps" floors we encountered, one was to activate a few lamps at the same time, the other was to have every party member "register" themselves with a lamp by touching it.

- All NMs seem to be buffed up. Leaping Lizzy seemed like a level 70 mob, it hit me as war for 118 damage normal hit.
    Yeah, we fought Jaggedy-Earred Jack, he was pretty mean. >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This picture, coupled with the fact that all NM's seem to drop a ??? that corresponds to their 'famous' drop gives pretty good evidence that there is a CHANCE for every mob on that list to drop the item they are known for. How big that chance is.....who knows.....but I'm gonna try my best to find out. Thanks for info.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nutmeg Custard did not drop a treasure crate, so no ??? item, but did drop an item crate which contained a Temp/Rare/Ex Revitalizer

Its really luck for the missions, get hit with 3 floors of eliminate all mobs/specific mobs, will probably ruin your run.

Quote Originally Posted by senseless
    Its really luck for the missions, get hit with 3 floors of eliminate all mobs/specific mobs, will probably ruin your run.
    Eliminate all mobs is easy, they have such low HP that on BLM I'd toss one nuke, and it'd be dead. Eliminate specific is hard, but I'm starting to see patterns in that to make it easier to guess.

Floor One: Kill leader

Ended up being a flan called Cinnamon Custard, no box dropped.

Second Floor: Kill specified mob

My question is, what specified mob? ...

We killed Jaggedy-Eared jack for a feather collar, then just wiped the floor til a random skeleton triggered the floor clear. Not sure what/where the mob type is specified.

Third floor: kill everything

Killed frostmane before time ran out for a claymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhais
    Floor One: Kill leader

Ended up being a flan called Cinnamon Custard, no box dropped.

Second Floor: Kill specified mob

My question is, what specified mob? ...

We killed Jaggedy-Eared jack for a feather collar, then just wiped the floor til a random skeleton triggered the floor clear. Not sure what/where the mob type is specified.

Third floor: kill everything

Killed frostmane before time ran out for a claymore.
    Was that random skeleton ITG? Every "specified mob" we've killed to clear a floor thus far has conned ITG.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

We went in again and got ported to a floor where the mission objective was to eliminate enemy leader. I guess there's lots of luck involved on which floors you're ported to, since some of them can be completed really quickly.. This floor was really easy, since the leader "Cinnamon Custard" was right there.

Second level was to eliminate specified enemy, and Jagedy was on the floor, buffer, too. The specified enemy was a Druagar, not sure if that's random.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1870/img0252vo0.png

??? Necklace from the crate, ended up being a feather collar once appraised. Third floor had Frostmane. ??? Sword appraised into a Claymore.

Edit: Zhais beat me to it

trying to see if anyone did check it, I didn't personally so I dunno. Will add it in this post if we did check it.

Edit: MARCIN QUIT READING BG AND COME OVER HERE SO WE CAN START RUN 3 ;;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

ITG Wyvern cleared the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin
    ITG Wyvern cleared the floor.

you prefabricated that post ;; cheater

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

K we entered and got the lamp floor right away..

Objective : Activate all lamps

Went around and found lamps and people examined them and stuff. Got one of two responses when you check a lamp.

"Apparently, this lamp must be activated in a certain order" then a prompt for whether you want to light it or not.
    or
    "Not all lights have been activated"

There were 4 lamps total and each time 1 of the 4 lamps would be lightable. Once the one which offered the promp was lit, all 4 lamps would light up for about 5 seconds and you could click any of the lamps and get the message "Confirming operation procedure", but nothing after. Each time, the lamp that offered the prompt would be different. We tried having everyone examine and getting the "confirmation" message and we tried certain orders, which didn't really work since they all lit from lighting one.. Anyways, never were able to figure out how to clear this

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    K we entered and got the lamp floor right away..

Objective : Activate all lamps

Went around and found lamps and people examined them and stuff. Got one of two responses when you check a lamp.

"Apparently, this lamp must be activated in a certain order" then a prompt for whether you want to light it or not.
    or
    "Not all lights have been activated"

There were 4 lamps total and each time 1 of the 4 lamps would be lightable. Once the one which offered the promp was lit, all 4 lamps would light up for about 5 seconds and you could click any of the lamps and get the message "Confirming operation procedure", but nothing after. Each time, the lamp that offered the prompt would be different. We tried having everyone examine and getting the "confirmation" message and we tried certain orders, which didn't really work since they all lit from lighting one.. Anyways, never were able to figure out how to clear this
    You have to have someone at each lamp, and light all of them simultaneously.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We tried that, you can only light one of the 4.. we tried having people light simultaneously.. having people get confirmation message simultaneously.. I don't know if maybe someone wasn't doing there job, but I trust the people I was with so I dunno D:!

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    We tried that, you can only light one of the 4.. we tried having people light simultaneously.. having people get confirmation message simultaneously.. I don't know if maybe someone wasn't doing there job, but I trust the people I was with so I dunno D:!
    Not sure what to tell you, we had that same situation, and the answer to light all of them simultaneously, so hm.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast