CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With regards to the "specified monster" objective...

The monster that ended up activating the Rune of Transfer checked as Impossible to Gauge. Was this just a coincidence, or is this a possible way of identifying the specified monster without killing blindly or wasting time?

We did three runs. Left after Floor 2 on the first run, timed out on Floor 2 on the second run (got really unlucky with mobs and gears), and left after Floor 4 on the third run. Eight unappraised items total, though nothing worthwhile.

Just went in with Nin, mnk, war, thf, brd, rdm.

Its alot of DC mobs, usually a NM or 2 per floor. Got to floor 3 once, second floor another time. Gears i would recommend against killing, we got red text saying, your token points are reduced.

Types of orders:

Eliminate the leader > Kill one of the custards, got this 4 times, and boss was a cummin custard, another was a diff custard, 3rd time a soulflayer, 4th a imp mokka

Annoying one is eliminate specific enemies, have not been able to figure out how to find which mob it is, got luck and was first tree one time, another was the last flan on a floor.

Activate the lamps > (got this one twice) one time all 6 ppl had to activate 1 lamp. Second time got this order, had to activate 4 lamps in order...couldn't figure out the order, and 20 minutes later we got it to work by spamming it.

And another time we killed a crab and got the unlock msg. Might of killed all mobs on floor.

You have 2 choices when going up a floor, left or right, i choose left once, got +30 chr for entire pt. Other times nothing.

Another group got order to kill all mobs(clear cut), think we got it once also.

If you don't get to floor 6, you get nothing for your progress chart, and have to start at floor 1 again.

Got to floor 6, its recorded to the person who takes the runic disk. Got to floor 15 in the end of all tags, it said it recorded until floor 15, so we'll see what happens on sunday.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Most of our specified monsters have been ITG also, we thought it was what triggered it but I cant be sure as we got assed out on our last floor.

My only advice is if you beat a slew of 5 floors: Take the win, dont push it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

sorry one more question (curse me for waiting to start update)......

What is sleep/lullaby resistance like? Could a standard manaburn pt have a chance or do too many things resist sleep to make this viable. Oh and just to confirm, storm fife does work?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

storm fife works and a manaburn could do fine, it's a lot of roaming though.

Nothing new after floors 11>15, same stuff.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

(posted in the other thread that I locked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin
    We went in again and got ported to a floor where the mission objective was to eliminate enemy leader. I guess there's lots of luck involved on which floors you're ported to, since some of them can be completed really quickly.. This floor was really easy, since the leader "Cinnamon Custard" was right there.

Second level was to eliminate specified enemy, and Jagedy was on the floor, buffer, too. The specified enemy was a Druagar, not sure if that's random.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1870/img0252vo0.png

??? Necklace from the crate, ended up being a feather collar once appraised. Third floor had Frostmane. ??? Sword appraised into a Claymore.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

best advice is unless it's part of your objective don't go around chasing petty nms like leaping lizzy (got me killed lol) >_> our group went in again starting from 6 and timed out on 10 ;\

anyone else get higher? maybe can tell us at the next tier what kinda nm's we'll expect to see to see if they're worth wasting time to kill because 1-5 is like garusghdfg something elemental charm dude, pretty sure JEJ too but we didn't see it. 5-10 is shadow eye, LL, and uh the Pnamed sheep that gives the smn gloves. It could also be that the nms the appear are completely random ;\ but we did see elemental charm dude like twice outta 4 runs so dunno ;\

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

We had a third variation on the lamp. We all had to touch the one lamp in the zone and it unlocked the rune for us. We also got the 4 switches(5 member group) variation plus we got the added bonus of not being able to kill the gears, we wiped since each switch had a gear around it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vinoda
    If you get a floor where you have to light the lamps, just have everyone in your pt examine the lamp when you find it, it'll light up once everyone has "registered" with it, then the Rune of Transfer should unlock and let you go up the next level.
    As people mentioned there are two types of lamp objectives (edit ^ third one but we didnt get that one). Be happy if you have the one you mentioned. The other makes absolutely no sense ad we spent 15+ minutes on it before timing out. Very reminiscent of that lebros supply assault when it first came out. Nothing we were doing was affecting the lamps being lit. We finally stuck a member on each lamp and somehow got a few to turn on but not the rest. Possibly bugged imo unless others had more success.

Edit: If I may ask a clarifying question to those who actually made it 5+. When you beat floor 5 do you exit then to save or do you have to actually beat floor six for your data to be recorded? People mentioned starting out on floor 6 which kinda threw me off.

How many tokens does it cost to start at floor 6?
    Do you regain HP/MP when you go up a floor as in salvage?

Quote Originally Posted by midgardian
    How many tokens does it cost to start at floor 6?
    Do you regain HP/MP when you go up a floor as in salvage?
    1) Don't know, haven't done that yet, and
    2) No.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It costs 500 tokens to restart at floor 5.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I haven't done this yet, but it seems your party may want to go in with specific objectives, either kill NMs or just try to "floor up".

Should be intresting to see what floors they added the NMs everyone wants to see.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

To answer another posters question..

In order to save your progress, after you have beaten a floor, have the person who touches the rune of transfer choose "Exit the assault"

This will save your progress for the person who had the leaderband.

Secondly when you go back in, as stated only that person can warp you up floors, HOWEVER only they are charged tokens to do so.

Everyone else gets to keep them.

Which is.. odd. But that's how it works.

Now I have at question of my own, did anyone who went on floors 5-10 stumble across an nm with a loot pool of more than one item?

So far each and every NM we have encountered only has a single drop in its treasure pool, and it has of course dropped the coorisponding ??? item from the chest after it dies.

(well tit tat tom dropped a dagger, but it appraised to a cesta.. )

Has anyone encountered a nm that can drop two things? If so did two ??? items spawn?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Stupid question time :

Can everyone record progress or just the leader? I'm a bit confused.

If it's just one person, I assume they then have to be the person who then selects the floor to start on?

Assuming this favours statics?

If someone had never been and one person had beaten the first five floors, can the person with higher access drag the others up?

EDIT: Damn lol beat me to this as I was drafting my post. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eston
    I haven't done this yet, but it seems your party may want to go in with specific objectives, either kill NMs or just try to "floor up".

Should be intresting to see what floors they added the NMs everyone wants to see.
    We've had time to kill NMs while moving up floors at the same time. We have skipped a few though, like Carnero, since who actually needs that GKT. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia
    Stupid question time :

Can everyone record progress or just the leader? I'm a bit confused.

If it's just one person, I assume they then have to be the person who then selects the floor to start on?

Assuming this favours statics?

If someone had never been and one person had beaten the first five floors, can the person with higher access drag the others up?
    This is all true, yes.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow now to update with a bit more info:

What we Know thus far:

Nm's on Higher Floors with Confirmed Drops:

Eastern Shadow: Vali's Bow

NMs found on Floors 1-10 (That I have personally fought):

Confirmed Drops

Leaping Lizzy (? Boots) (Confirmed to appraisable to Bounding Boots by Viq)
    Gusgen Mines Ghosts (??? Ring) (at least malgust ring confirmed by Rysa, so its safe to assume all rings are possible imho)
    Jagedy Eared Jack (??? Necklace) (Rabbit Charm confirmed by BlueGuiv)
    Hellion (??? polearm) (Confirmed A l'Outrance by Talint)
    Gargantua (??? Necklace) (Confirmed Elemental Charm by Millael)
    Frostmane (??? Sword ) (Confirmed Lockheart)
    Cactuar Cantautor (King Fu Shoes) Confirmed by Rentwokay

Unconfirmed Drops

Bomb King (??? Ring)
    Tit Tat Tom (??? Dagger)
    Peallaidh (That damn sheep that drops nightmare gloves, ??? Gloves)
    Ginger Custard (Absorbed all magic I threw at it, including drain.)
    Vile Ineef (From Viq and Funkworks, what did it drop?)
    Carnero (V + F, what did it drop?)
    bat eye (unknown drop)
    hellion (unknown drop)
    Falcatus Aranei (no drop)
    Stealth Bomber Gagaroon (no drop)
    Nutmeg Custard (Did this one also absorb magic you two?)
    Emergent Elm (Was this a nm? or a normal mob?)
    Salvage Chariot Bosses (And yes, they are still evil)

That's What I have seen so far, and the Stygian Pugils only appeared on floors 5-10 for us. But that might just be coincidence.

Enemies:

1-10

Racing Chariots (These suck, compared to all the other monsters we have fought)
    lolBifrons
    Stygian Pugil (this was the "nm" for a kill specified enemy floor once)
    Killing Weapons
    Peryton
    Archaic ramparts
    Clusters
    Puks
    Porroggo Gents
    Marids
    Wajoam Tigers
    Attercorps
    Ember Eurcas (are these the ones in the woodlands?)
    Magic Flagon
    Wyverns
    Thousand Eyes
    Draguar
    Mindflayer thing (I'll get the name in a moment)
    Bhooots
    Cannonballs
    Leshy
    Ironshell (thanks fuuko)
    Ziz
    Ominious Weapons (From Rykoshet's pics)
    Archaic Gears (These see you they affect your whole party with a pathos.. no matter where they are in the zone, IF the objective states that they must be avoided.)

Re-entry Costs

Confirmed that if you choose to exit on a floor that is a multiple of 5, you can then start at the next floor the next time you enter.

Only the leader of the assault (The person with the armband) has thier memory set in this manner.

Only the leader of the Assault is charged tokens to reenter.

Needs Confirmation: If You have not beaten floor 5 yet, you can clear up through floor 6, and exit there, gaining credit for floor 5 in the process.

Confirmed: The only person who needs to have cleared access is the party leader, they can then take the rest of the group to any floor they have access to, reguardless of the groups clearance.

Reentry Cost for Floor 5 is: 500 Tokens
    Reentry Cost for Floor 10 is: 550 Tokens

Objectives Discovered so far

Eliminate:

Eliminate all Enemies - Simple enough, kill everything you see.
    Eliminate a Specified Enemy - [b}Update[/b]On the floor you will find nm's and normal mobs, /check the normal mobs until you find one that is out of place, and guages impossible to gague, this is the one you need to kill. (Needs a bit more verification, but its worked for me so far)
    Eleminate Specified Enemies - Just like the single enemy one, this time you will see a normal enemy FAMILY made Impossible to guage. Kill them all.
    Elminate the Boss - Kill a nm, this has so far that I have seen been the flan type monsters.
    Elminate All Enemies Except Gears: Self Explanitory

Lamps:

Light all lamps at the same time: Spread your party out, one each at a lamp, hit them at a called time. Easy.
    Light All Lamps: There is one lamp on the floor, everyone must touch it.
    Light All Lamps in Order: There are lamps strewn throughout the area, they must be lit in order. However this seems to be a bit .. strange so far. Trial and error is what we have for this to date.

Modifiers:

Random Pathos: You start the floor and are afflicted with a Pathos
    Random Buffs: You start the floor with a buff applied to everyone. (In our case it was a 5mp per tick refresh to our entire party, which DIDN'T overwrite rdm refresh)
    Avoid the Gears: If the archaic gears find you, you get slapped with a pathos. Examples: Longer Casting time for spells.

Ties to Assault
    Assault gear works (verification please, we have all heard the rumors, but I want someone to confirm this)
    You recieve assault points towards rankup for successful Nyzul Isle wins. (Needs a bit more verification)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited out my original comments in this thread, to keep the information section clean.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: activating lamps in a specific order

Our first 2 tries when we did this last night ended when we got to lamp floors. The first run the lamps were on floor 4, the second one they were on floor 3. Failed both times because of these, neither one could be defeated by having everyone hit a lamp at the same time because not everyone got the same lamp message.

Our first run the lamp floor was simply "Activate all the lamps." There were 5 lamps in this one.
    Our second run the lamp floor was "Activate all the lamps. Avoid detection by archaic gears." There were 4 lamps in this one. If you were detected by a gear there was a message "Security field malfunction" and you would be afflicted with a pathos. I am not sure if aggroing gears will disallow you completion of the floor, but they are quite easy to kill.

Both runs had 5 people so we ended up putting 1 person at each lamp. Hitting a lamp caused 1 of 3 messages:

1. "Not all lights have been activated yet... (nothing happens)"
    2. "It seems this lamp has to be activated in a specific order. Activate the lamp? (Yes/No)"

If you hit "yes" on the second message either nothing will happen, or after a couple of seconds all of the lamps will light up. In the 1-2 seconds the lamps are lit you can hit them to receive a third message:

3. "Confirming operational procedure..."

Spamming random hits on the lamps got a few activated in the sense that their "lit" graphic stayed partially up. However, in subsequent experiments those lit lamps would deactivate.

The last thing we were trying on our second run was having one person attempt to get the second message (with the dialogue box asking to activate the lamp). If they did and all the lamps lit up (no one else is hitting their lamp at this time) they were going in the correct order. Unfortunately we ran out of time before we could confirm if this was the correct way of establishing the order.

You may just have to try all possible combinations of order but it seems like there should be a tip-off.