Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Nyzul Isle Initial Findings

First of all you can not time out, you must complete a floor and -choose- to leave so your data is recorded. That means you have to sell yourself short on time every run so you dont start from square one, we made that mistake last time.

We beat stage 5 and chose to exit, giving me 770 tokens and a recording on the runic disc saying I can start at stage 5.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6471/51img01661aq2.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2...mg01671zj0.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3...mg01681iy7.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2...mg01691wt1.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1...mg01701in4.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2...mg01721or3.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

403 Forbidden Ryko.

Laeta

Can't access those pics @_@

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah LS did 2 runs... Got to lvl 5 but didn't know how to save to argh. Got a ??? ring and a ??? polearm...

Killed Emergant Elm, box with ??? sword
    Killed Gargantua, box with ??? necklace

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8420/nyzuldropsnr8.png

Appraised as Pole->Ash Club, Necklace-> leather Gorget, Sword->Xiphos

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

one of the floors owned us.... order was to light all lamps so theres a lamp in the first room we go into and we though hey cool lets find the rest. we go around the whole fucking zone killing shit and didnt find another damn lamp, just that 1 lamp in the beginning lol. dont be fooled by the orders.... oh and on the one that says kill specified enemy it can be any random enemy that gives you the objective complete, we thought it was onry NM. didnt get to floor 5 cuz we fail.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

c&p into a new window and they work. Any drops from LL?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

If you get a floor where you have to light the lamps, just have everyone in your pt examine the lamp when you find it, it'll light up once everyone has "registered" with it, then the Rune of Transfer should unlock and let you go up the next level.

23 years old

BG Level

The way NM's work is once you kill one, you will get a box with a ??? item in it. It's the same category as the mob's normal drop is, though we got solea from lizzy's box, etc. I assume they can appraise to the mob's normal drop, but rarely.

Did the Nashmau appraisal ever become the popular stop for serious identification? I remember a while back the theory was the fat hume probably gave the worst items and the rat in nashmau the best rate on good items.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Sounds like it's going to be awesome in about a month or so when a group finally gets high enough to find fafnir, successfully kill it with 6, then get rewarded with a flame blade.

Edit: yeah I know it's probably too early to be pessimistic but thats the first thing I thought of.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Killed JEJ and got regen collar... I'm going to guess the same.. you have a chance to get their drop as an item.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Okay so I got a pickup party. BLM/whm, BLM/whm, WAR/nin, WAR/nin, MNK/nin, RDM/whm.

We did it twice.
    I'd like to stress that its really important to be quick. As people examined in the dat files, you can only start from floors 1,6,11,16,21,26, ect ect... meaning if you don't make it to the 6th floor, you can't really "save".

1st run: We got to the 4th floor. Recieved 560 tokens each, leader (myself) got 616.

-1st floor: When you start, have everyone touch the Runic Transporter to obtain key item "Runic Disk" (used to save your progress). You then choose what floor to start at. In this case, obviously 1. We had to run around alot as our objective was to Eliminate all enemies. We killed a bunch of Ziz and Lesser Colibri, all DC. Once all were dead we returned to where we started and had the option to Exit, Go left or Go right. We took right.

-2nd floor: Objective: Activate Lamps. We avoided most mobs (Mousses) and I found the lamp. Just 1, everyone has to touch it. Once activated, floor was complete, went back to the Transporter and went right again.

-3rd floor: Objective: Kill specified enemy.... except they didn't really "Specify" any enemy. So we just killed random mobs (Draguar (aht'urhgan skeles)). We found a few Archaic Rampart which were easy. A random mob completed the floor. We moved to next.

-4th floor: Objective: Kill all enemies. Skeles and rampart again, killed them all with 3 min remaining, so we chose to exit.

Obtained 616 tokens and my record was 4th floor. Only the person who chooses "Exit" gets the record on the floor. We all grabbed another tag and tried it again...

2nd run: We got to the 4th floor again ; ; 560 tokens again, Leader 616.

-1st floor: Okay this run was seriously alot harder. When they said random... they meant RANDOM. 1st floor was kill all enemies again. This floor had Wamouracampa and more Rampart. We noticed rampart NM called Racing Chariot. 50% of them dropped a blue chest which contained temp items like barbarian's drink... then we came across our first "real" NM, Gyre-Carlin, the diremite from Pso'xja.... except he was about lv75. Upon killing him, he dropped a gold chest, which gave the opener ??? bow (real Gyre drops crossbow and mitts).

-2nd floor: Objective: Kill the enemy leader. Ran around, thinking we'd find an nm, but we just found a bunch of random mobs, like Peryton. We stumbled upon an NM imp named Mokko. He was pretty tough, but still a piece of cake, he didn't drop anything, but he unlocked the runic transporter and we went up to the next floor.

-3rd floor: On this floor we recieved a "No Weaponskills" debuff. A bunch of spiders, rampart, wamouracampa. We found 2 more Racing Chariots and then we found Carnero, the sheep from north-gustaberg that drops rare-ex gkt. He was about 75 also. We quickly killed him... gold chest with a ??? sword. I forget the objective here but it was like kill specified enemy. After completing the floor, we had our weaponskills restored.

-4th floor: Activate lamps. Only 1 lamp again. We ran through some Pudding, Slime, and Pots. We fought a few and I realized that while most mobs were dc, some random mobs would check "Impossible to gauge" and they weren't nms. These would have a chance to drop a blue chest (temp items). I spotted Asphyxiated Amsel (NM from gusgen), but we were running low on time, so we skipped and ran to the lamp. At the exit we noticed Bomb King (Also gusgen) and we decided to kill him with 2 min left. Surprise, he was lv75 also. Killed him and he dropped gold chest with ??? ring (he normally drops ring). We then exited again... 560 points and record on 4th floor.

We appraised the items: ??? bow = Light crossbow, ??? sword = Bronze Sword, ??? ring = silver ring. My guess is the ??? have a chance to be the item that they actually drop since they were all the same.
    Some concluding notes:
    -Must complete at least 5 floors to save your progress.
    -NMs are Higher level versions of themselves. I'm pretty sure every mob is scaled to con Decent challenge.
    -After noticing Bomb King and Asphyxiated Amsel, both gusgen mines NM on the same floor, it might be possible that the nms on a floor are generated from the same zone.
    -Random "Impossible to Gauge" versions of normal mobs drop blue chests containing temp items.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Types of objectives we encountered:
    Kill a specific monster - This was stated in different ways. Sometimes it was just as vague as that, one time it said to kill "the monster's leader," which in this case was a rampart. In the vague cases, I can remember at least two of the times that they were "ordinary" monsters.

Light the lamps - this came in two flavors. One was where you had to hit them all at the same time and one was where they had to be hit in a specific order.

Sometimes there was a subobjective taked on:
    Avoid detection by gears - everytime you're detected, your possible token reward is reduced. Some of them were in pretty tight spaces too, but they do move around. Careful moving around those maze like areas too.

Do not kill any gears - everytime you kill a gear, you will get inflicted by an element of the pathos. These wear off when you hit the next floor.

There was almost always at least one "NM" type monster on each floor. These were not necessarily NMs that you'd see out in the field though. We did see Jaggedy-Eared Jack, Leaping Lizzy, and obscure NMs like the golem NM in glacier.

In case it was not made clear, you need to examine the rune of transfer when you're transported to see what the objective is. You do not need to be the leader to see the objective.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    First of all you can not time out, you must complete a floor and -choose- to leave so your data is recorded. That means you have to sell yourself short on time every run so you dont start from square one, we made that mistake last time.

We beat stage 5 and chose to exit, giving me 770 tokens and a recording on the runic disc saying I can start at stage 5.
    So i'm a bit lost, doing this now. We're doing this with 4 people, pld/nin, whm, sam and rdm. We cleared the first floor of the soulflayer NMs, and we went up a second level to time out (got there with 5minutes, or less)

Am I able to choose to exit once I beat floor 1, and re-enter to do floor 2? Or are you supposed to go all the way to floor 5 in the 30minute time limit?

Xavier

Intervals of 5.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

To those that have had 'success' in these assaults......

The notes said you could 'save your progress' every 5 floors. Has anyone cleared 5 floors in order to be able to start 'higher up' next time? Some people are saying things that make it sound like progress can be saved on any floor as well, any truth to that?

And finally, if anyone has been able to start a new assault on a floor higher than 1......

It is my understanding that only the leader gets 'credit' for having cleared the floors. If that is the case can you pull others who are not flagged into the higher floors when you zone in? Or do they have to have the clearance from leading a previous assault to that floor?

Edit: a lot of this was answered while i was writing this up.....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You must use best judgement wether or not youll be able to beat the next floor in the remaining time. My group saved after we beat floor 4, but it did not allow us to continue from that spot after we came back with another tag, so you must win five floors in order to pick up where you left off... (save after beating the fifth floor. do not continue to the sixth or you wont be able to save your progress and time will expire)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

damn took me 3 hours to fiinally get it to post;;

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by barber2006
    To those that have had 'success' in these assaults......

The notes said you could 'save your progress' every 5 floors. Has anyone cleared 5 floors in order to be able to start 'higher up' next time? Some people are saying things that make it sound like progress can be saved on any floor as well, any truth to that?

And finally, if anyone has been able to start a new assault on a floor higher than 1......

It is my understanding that only the leader gets 'credit' for having cleared the floors. If that is the case can you pull others who are not flagged into the higher floors when you zone in? Or do they have to have the clearance from leading a previous assault to that floor?

Edit: a lot of this was answered while i was writing this up.....
    It's stupid in a way, you can only start at floors 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, etc regardless of how high you got the time before. So unless you beat 5 floors every time you do it you cannot start the next run at a later interval.

We did floor 10 and pushed it like morons -_- oh well, 6 again next time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast