Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Current Known Issues (Mar. 8)

Mar. 8, 2007 05:00 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Current Known Issues (Mar. 8 )

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Mar. 7, 2007, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- Thief's job ability, "Aura Steal" may sometimes cause a forced termination on both the ability user and nearby players.
    * To avoid this issue, please turn all "Special action effects on/by~" filters to ON.

- When selecting a World during character creation, choosing the World listed 15th or higher would result in entering into a different World.
    * In order to solve this issue, please cancel the World selection step, return to the name input screen once to refresh the World list, and reselect the World which is listed 14th or below.

- Level requirement for the item Warrior's Mufflers has been changed from 72 to 75.

- The Chocobo Racing Association's (CRA) NPCs located in the Windurst Woods and Bastok Mines areas would inform the players that they are from the "San d'Oria branch," which is incorrect.

- The NPC "Tateeya" in the Aht Urhgan Whitegate area would not accept trades for the following automaton attachments: Ice Maker / Flame Holder
    * This issue has been addressed during the partial area maintenance on Mar. 8, 2007 5:00 (PST).

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
    Not mentioned: the imminent nerf on Sozu's drop rate, and (hopefully) a fix for the new club that drops off of LOO.

Vygun

- Level requirement for the item Warrior's Mufflers has been changed from 72 to 75.

seems kinda random.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Vygun

seems kinda random.
    The long awaited WAR nerf, no doubt.

The economy is going to take a huge hit if they don't remove all the new knives from circulation somehow. When I played Asheron's Call, the main message players got from the developers' actions was "Exploit early, exploit often." I don't want to see that happen again, even if it means a rollback.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

why is it going to take a hit? fuck let every thief in the game have a thief knife, better for everyone.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demitrius
    The economy is going to take a huge hit if they don't remove all the new knives from circulation somehow.
    No, it's not. You may carry on with your claims on how the Sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Matricide
    why is it going to take a hit? fuck let every thief in the game have a thief knife, better for everyone.
    Agreed. Just seems really weird to see SE give up on such a rare item...

Quote Originally Posted by Demitrius
    The economy is going to take a huge hit if they don't remove all the new knives from circulation somehow. When I played Asheron's Call, the main message players got from the developers' actions was "Exploit early, exploit often." I don't want to see that happen again, even if it means a rollback.
    Maybe the feint in Sundi's answer to TH in Bercus' "interview" and this recent change indicates that either: A) TH3+ is not as signficant as people may think or B) SE's way to increase drops

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Thf's knife price is going to absolutely plummit(assuming no roll backs and no drop rate nerfs soon), but other than that I don't see why the economy as a whole will be hit.

But then economics never was my strong suit.

Well, I think one of two things needs to happen. They either need to leave it 100% so everyone can have one, or remove all the new knives from circulation. Otherwise the impression is that if you exploit a bug soon after a patch, you'll get rewarded for it. If that happens, GG SE, you managed to leave a bad taste in my mouth after the awesomest patch ever because of a stupid glitch.

I'm sorry, you are right, it wouldn't affect the economy too much. It's more of a moral thing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't get this Alla-tard thought pattern that this is a glitch. Come on people.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Dragon Talons were kind of rare before ISNMs lol.

Well, I don't really see it being intentional for them to take a coveted item with a very rare job trait boost, an item that defined a thief that had it, and then make it obtainable in 1-4 hours of farming. lolalla would be if we were yelling NERF ULLI HE POPZ TOO MUCH MY HIDATE R WORFLESS.

New Merits
    BG Level

Think of the example you just gave, and then think of what you are doing now. Notice something similar?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Maybe they're making Thief Knife actually have similar benefits to the work involved in obtaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    From what I've heard and what I've seen, just getting the Sozu pop item is a PITA. It's still not super-easy to get the drop.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I don't know if any of you guys have camped it, but the pursuers drop rate is absolutely horrid. I was not alone in spending hours at uggly temple without seeing a drop, that is why the thing is a 100% drop. It's not like a fomor codex where it's an uncommon drop, this is a really shitty drop rate, and finally SE get it that the drop rate on a mob with a shitty rate on pop items should be 100%

Alky / Pallas aren't so bad on their drop rate, they're not 100% , but their pop items are not as hard to get as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddong
    Think of the example you just gave, and then think of what you are doing now. Notice something similar?
    Rogberry now requires one person doing something akin to farming beehive chips. You still need to get a party to sky to farm the pop items, AND an alliance that doesn't entirely suck to kill Byakko, AND they have to drop. And you have to have either everyone's blessing to take them when they do drop, or win a lotting war.

Slightly different from a guaranteed knife from two hours of farming EP mobs, don't you think?

New Merits
    BG Level

You can't even compare because of mob level difference. -_-
    Would it be better for you if they raise Sozu to level 90 requiring an alliance to kill? Would that be justifiable enough for you?

SE made everything easier to get, and a much more possibility than before. And you bitching about it? You have a knife to sell or something? So anal about something so miniscule that makes players happy. What a bitch.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Slightly different from a guaranteed knife from two hours of farming EP mobs, don't you think?
    lol, if it were that simple i'd have at least 2 knives.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast