+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wake wins 114-112 in double OT.

God that was a sorry ass display by Duke...oh well. A 6 seed and a second round exit awaits >< (can't see a lower seed based on 2nd SOS, 14 RPI, and quality OOC wins over Georgetown, Gonzaga (before they lost their two druggies), Air Force and Indiana. Plus the whole fact that their conference slate was ridiculous compared to Virginia's...I fucking hate the unbalanced schedule. UNC should hold the conference title outright, not share it with a team that got to play State, Wake and Miami a total of 5 times and only had to play Duke/BC/UNC once each.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yup UVA's a joke. The unbalanced schedule means in my mind the regular season title holds less meaning.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by BarthelloSylph
    Yup UVA's a joke. The unbalanced schedule means in my mind the regular season title holds less meaning.
    QFT.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Quote Originally Posted by BarthelloSylph
    QFT.

Amen.

lollduke.

Heels ftw!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

UNC manhandled FSU in the first game, 73-58

Miami is up 4 with 2:20 to go. What an amazing run by Miami so far...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BC ties the game with 30 seconds left - Miami will have one last shot.

This year's ACC tournament is just amazing, so many upsets and close games (except UNC of course )

For the love of all things holy, please don't let NC State win the ACC tourney. It's bad enough to hear them brag about their football team after a 3 win season, but to watch them win a chance to get blown out in the first round of the NCAA tournament would be fucking unbearable. Every conversation for the next 2 years with a state fan would end like this: "well, we won the 2007 ACC tournament so we're awesome."

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    For the love of all things holy, please don't let NC State win the ACC tourney. It's bad enough to hear them brag about their football team after a 3 win season, but to watch them win a chance to get blown out in the first round of the NCAA tournament would be fucking unbearable. Every conversation for the next 2 years with a state fan would end like this: "well, we won the 2007 ACC tournament so we're awesome."
    Seriously! I have a friend who is just like that.

Wow this is the upset from hell tournament. I don't plan to even watch today since both Louisville and Kentucky both are out of the respective tournaments.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Epyslon
    Wow this is the upset from hell tournament. I don't plan to even watch today since both Louisville and Kentucky both are out of the respective tournaments.
    Fuck kentucky, but UofL made me sad. Blew 11 point lead in second half and played like shit. Scored like 14 points in 18 minutes. I just hope they get palacios back for the tourney. Louisville should sit on a 4 or 5 seed. I hope not a 5 seed though, 12 beats a 5 every year.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

As a Badger fan, jaded by the NCAA routinely, I have a feeling that even if we beat Illinois today and Ohio State tomorrow, we'll still not get a 1 seed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    As a Badger fan, jaded by the NCAA routinely, I have a feeling that even if we beat Illinois today and Ohio State tomorrow, we'll still not get a 1 seed.

That would just be wrong. They deserve a #1 seed if that scenario plays out, I am so tired of hearing about Kansas. Alando Tucker is made of win any way you slice it.

ARRGH!

Oh, and the new NC State slogan is "Fear the Tomato" replacing "Aim High, Get Lowe"

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    ARRGH!

Oh, and the new NC State slogan is "Fear the Tomato" replacing "Aim High, Get Lowe"
    OMG that suit was fucking terrible -.-

Go Heels

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Well, for the third time this year, you can watch the two teams that may very well be the two best in the country play each other.

Go Badgers!

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    Well, for the third time this year, you can watch the two teams that may very well be the two best in the country play each other.

Go Badgers!
    Nope.

Best two in the country are Florida and UNC, regardless of what seed they get today.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

NC State and UNC going down the wire, 3 pointer to 3 point play back and forth. Getting nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    NC State and UNC going down the wire, 3 pointer to 3 point play back and forth. Getting nuts.
    Great game, but 4 games in 4 days is just too much. Sorry State.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I approve of the #1 seeds.

So far, so good. OSU in the south, Florida in the midwest is odd, though.

Seems like you would not require pre-determination of which region vs. region (i.e. south vs. east), because that can knock teams out of their natural regions based on national seeding, though. I would think regional determination in the Final Four would be based more on the teams rather than the other way around.