BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

CoP Story Compilation **Spoilers**

Made this kinda my pet project, I'm not sure if anyone's made this exact thing before but I couldn't find any.

Basically what I've been doing is going through every CS from CoP, taking screenshots and writing down what happens as I go along. I know there's a run-down of the story on gamefaqs, which helped me out somewhat, but it's also a very boring wall-o-text. So I made this.

If any are interested you are free to look. I'll have Chapter 3 done tonight, with Chapter 4 done by the end of the weekend most likely. Put this in Advanced Player section cause I figured you guys would be the most interested. May help you understand everything that happened.

Chapter 1 (only missing a few screenshots)

Chapter 2 (missing Monarch Linn SS's)

Chapter 3 - Part 1

Chapter 3 - Part II

Chapter 4

**Edit:**

There's another website that has done something like this already. However it does have a different feel to it, and since I've already started this I'm going to finish it. Hers is written like a History book and mine is written more in the 2nd person which includes the player.

That being said, I will admit this person's is very well done, and I wish I could steal the screenshots so I don't have to go to the Spire's and Monarch Linn but I'd feel really bad.

Here's the link

Black Belt
    BG Level

I've been waiting for lore compilation on this...that history of vana'diel site is just too much bullshit with their attempt to eliminate the PC main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    I've been waiting for lore compilation on this...that history of vana'diel site is just too much bullshit with their attempt to eliminate the PC main character.
    It's more like reading a history book. GG keep it up

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thanks guys

Part 1 of chapter 3 is up now. I'm splitting it into 2 parts because it's so long and there is a lot of backstory involved.

When I do Chapter 5 I'll probably have to put it into 3 seperate posts

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

great idea aerin!
    good job too!

lol at some of the frenzy ls chat =p

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/

I still like the read FFXI's story and she/he hasn't updated the site in awhile I believe but it's done pretty well from start of ffxi to cop finish.

Banned.

BG Level

As as the OP link doesn't advertise its self as a "FFXI History" compilation, I have no beef with it. I also hope new players don't ruin half the fun by going and spoiling it for themselves, but that's another issue.

Wow great work on this. A lot of work to put into it, but CoP is a great storyline, so it'll be nice to have a compilation of the cutscenes without having to find all the bards and gobbie footprints.

Something cool in addition might be to add in any of the side quests that add to the background lore. Granted that would be even more work... haha.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    I agree with this, but any time I mention it I just get flamed. As much as I enjoy it for some of the other storyline portions, I think it just didn't mesh with CoP. Too omit the fact that YOU the player are a huge part of the storyline really botches things. A good example early on is that you are given the amulet and have it later at the appropriate moment. This isn't mentioned and if you don't know the story yourself there some seriously "WTF!?" about it.

What I've seen of this compilation so far is splendid. Keeping it in a quasi-2nd-person narrative style is the only solution and this seems to do it well.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anything that details the FFXI storyline is cool in my book, especially anything to do with CoP. Nice work, hope you finish it up. ^^

very nice, I had problems understanding it back in the day due to doing the missions at 2am and with 1-2 weeks delay

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelol
    http://www.shadow-ffxi.com/HistoryofVanadiel/

I still like the read FFXI's story and she/he hasn't updated the site in awhile I believe but it's done pretty well from start of ffxi to cop finish.
    She's been busy for a while now with school again (she is a teacher + she is trying to finish her masters I think it was); I am actually surprised she has not been on top of all the new story lately, she has always played the game for the story and her friends, but then again, I have not seen her online in a while either.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

ah thanks for showing me her website it is really well done. i edited my original post.

I'll have the second half of Chapter 3 done by tonight, have some work to do in the meantime.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I can't tell you how many CoP cutscenes I've rushed through, not because I don't care about the story, but because I don't want to miss any buffs. ._.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Due to the events with Lion at the end of Rise of the Zilart, the flow of power to the crag in Qufim is interrupted and begins to violently fluctuate. Some of the few remaining Zilart inside the crag do their best to control the energy. Meanwhile, Bahamut awakens from beneath the ocean.
    It's been awhile, but I thought it's later revealed there was a different reason for the overload, something about Selh'whatever and using the Crag line to bring Al'Taeui back to Vana'diel. Could be wrong as I was lost for 120% of the story. I recall seeing something about in 5-3 in the tower.

Banned.

BG Level

RoZ and CoP being related in pretty much optional. You can choose to link them or you can choose to ignore them. This is how SE connects storylines without requiring one to be done before the other.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up. If I see anything in the story about that I'll be sure to change it.

If you guys find anything else wrong in there let me know

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Valrath
    Due to the events with Lion at the end of Rise of the Zilart, the flow of power to the crag in Qufim is interrupted and begins to violently fluctuate. Some of the few remaining Zilart inside the crag do their best to control the energy. Meanwhile, Bahamut awakens from beneath the ocean.
    It's been awhile, but I thought it's later revealed there was a different reason for the overload, something about Selh'whatever and using the Crag line to bring Al'Taeui back to Vana'diel. Could be wrong as I was lost for 120% of the story. I recall seeing something about in 5-3 in the tower.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Selh'teus reactivating the Crystal Line or something. Al'Taieu plummeting towards Vana'diel (yeah yeah, it is in Vana'diel yet not, paradox, etc.) or something allowed Bahamut to awaken.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks to the OP! Anything story-related is a win in my book. :D

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrath
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Selh'teus reactivating the Crystal Line or something. Al'Taieu plummeting towards Vana'diel (yeah yeah, it is in Vana'diel yet not, paradox, etc.) or something allowed Bahamut to awaken.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks to the OP! Anything story-related is a win in my book. :D
    Selh'teus didn't have the power to restart the crystal line himself, the control center was in Delkfutt's tower. Not to mention the fact that even the Zilart Princes couldn't restart it themselves without the Shadow Lord out of the way.

My guess is Selh'teus popped into Vana'diel when Eald'narche tried activating the Crystal Line to fire Tu'Lia in the final RoZ BC. it seems to go along with Nag'molada's accusation towards Esha'ntarl concerning a transition of power after "a certain personage left this world".

Bahamut attacked Al'Taieu during the Meltdown, allowing Phoenix and Selh'teus to sneak into the Chamber of Eventide. He was eventually defeated and fell into the Sea of Shu'meyu (which is why he pops out of the water in the 1st CoP cutscene), but whether he was defeated by the Zilart defense system or by the incarnation of Promathia isn't quite clear.

I believe I remember it that way as well, though I don't think it said for certain what caused the overload in the beginning of CoP.

I do however seem to recall that Selh'teus took that opportunity to travel down it, as he had been trapped in Al'Taieu for... a long long time.