Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Cannot allocate merit points, happening to anybody else?

I'm just curious if anybody is having any weird issues when trying to allocate merit points. I'm currently stuck on 9999/10000 limit points and 10/10 merit points.

I went to use the 6 points I had at the time before a merit party yesterday, I go to the one I want, select raise, select yes, and then nothing happened. The category in question didn't go up, and my points didn't go down.

Thinking it might be whitegate lag, I teleported to home nation and tried using the moghouse there, again, same problem. I changed jobs, tried different categories, /logout, /shutdown, different computer, switching between merits/exp. Nothing.

I sent a GM call, and got a message overnight saying they were sorry I was stuck and or having connection problems. Not exactly helpful.

This is very annoying as most my 75s are capped, and ones that aren't are very near capped, so I can't really xp at all.

Any ideas anybody?

Submit a bug report.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Might be a long shot, but maybe one of your "deadzones" is merit allocation. >_> Try renewing your IP?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe you got all merits you can use for that section? Idk it maybe just lag.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by gandorf
    Maybe you got all merits you can use for that section? Idk it maybe just lag.

I've used alot of merit points before, I kind of know how it works. It can't be just lag, for two days, in any moghouse.

Ollieyk

Make sure you upgrading the correct category.

For example, trying to level Sword Merits when your White Mage wont work, you would need to switch to BLU or PLD or something.

Probably figured that out for yourself, but just incase...Happened to me a couple of times

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk

For example, trying to level Sword Merits when your White Mage wont work, you would need to switch to BLU or PLD or something.

Probably figured that out for yourself, but just incase...Happened to me a couple of times
    If you're in a category that's maxed, or unavailable to you the options are all grayed out, you don't have the option to raise.

This is not an error between chair and keyboard issue, I promise. I may run into work and try from a computer there, since the different IP address I guess is worth trying.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can you raise anything at all? Or is it just that one category?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Can you raise anything at all? Or is it just that one category?

any category. changed jobs around and tried all the job specific ones, same thing happens for all jobs. All of general but "other" are capped, so I tried raising spell interruption rate and was a no go.

I'm almost tempted to try lowering something just to see what happens.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Submit a bug report. If you're so hyped to EXP, go kill yourself maybe 10 times and HP, then you'll have a few hours of EXPing to do.

Ollieyk

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk

If you're in a category that's maxed, or unavailable to you the options are all grayed out, you don't have the option to raise.

This is not an error between chair and keyboard issue, I promise. I may run into work and try from a computer there, since the different IP address I guess is worth trying.
    Maybe it wasn't that problem then...I'm trying to think how i fixed it lastime. It's happened to me before.

A member in my LS had the same problem yesterday and fixed it by changing the .dat for the UI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by megabyte
    A member in my LS had the same problem yesterday and fixed it by changing the .dat for the UI.
    Strange, but that did the trick. Thanks a ton.