BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulling Dynamis-Sandy     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pulling Dynamis-Sandy

I am a relatively new puller for a Dynamis LS, and I'm having a recurring problem with some pulls in lolSandy.

***I understand that this board may be for more advanced Dynamis topics, so if this request is in the wrong place please move to the Newbie section.***

Anyway... I've pulled Sandy 3 times now and while we have got the win each time, I cannot seem to avoid large links when pulling the statues at the East & West Ronfaure zone lines.

I pull the 3 that roam out from under the arches first from left to right each time when they reach their farthest point from the arch, but without fail... one of them decides to pop links with a bunch of shit.

So I've scanned numerous guides online and most of them just say "pull carefully at the East/West Ronfaure zone to avoid a large link" but none elaborate farther.

Essentially, my question is whether or not my pull pattern on these statues is ok and I'm just encountering bad luck? Or is there a generally accepted way to pull these to minimize linkage that I am missing?

Any testimonials of positive experiences would be appreciated. :D

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Large links at those two spots are very difficult to avoid. Most LSes often have wipes at those spots.

Your best bet is to try to pull them as they get the farthest out and are about to turn around and head back.

There is a trick to these gates, which i've finally mastered. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking you have to pull the outside roaming statues when they are at their farthest point. Unfortunately, this has no effect, as no matter where you pull them, the orcs always pop right under the archway. What you do is move yourself up against the wall so that you are in a direct line of sight with the front roaming statue and the back roaming statue. In other words, you're right in front of the archway, looking all the way into the back of the gate area. But you're back by the shop stands as far back as you can get so you don't aggro the front roaming statue while he gets to his farthest point. You then pull the front roaming statue, no matter where he is, when the BACK roaming statue is about 1 second away from turning around to go the other direction.

The hardest one to pull is the middle statue because the back roaming middle statue doesn't have as far to travel as the other two. But the same principle should work, pull when the one in the back is just about to turn around.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

it isnt the stone that is going to link, its the mob spawns that will link with other stuff. if you can't avoid the link, pick a few good rdm and have them pick off some of the more difficult non-smn mobs and keep those away from the rest of the group, puller can also kite stones around to minimize what you have to deal with.

if you get overwhelmed on smn pull, you CAN safely kill the avatars before moving onto the dollmaster if needed. also don't try to rush, 't sbetter to go and kill another mob while you resleep the avatar instead of having the dollmaster almost dead then shiva does diamond dust.

This is something I've always had trouble with myself Vedder. I've been pulling in Dynamis for years and this is still a problem. Divisortheory is correct though. Follow his directions and you can get a clean pull. The only thing I'll add is use Darts to pull. The middle one is 10x harder than the outside ones and timing is crucial. The closer you can time it the better. The long delay of a crossbow just adds more guesswork. Honestly, I think there's a .5 sec window in which it's the correct time to agro the outside statue.

What I'd suggest is what I've taken to doing lately. Instead of taking all that time trying to time your pulls to bring 1 statue and 2 mobs, just pull everything. My ls, with 20-25 people can handle everything from the zone at the same time. Just kill the NM last of course.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    There is a trick to these gates, which i've finally mastered. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking you have to pull the outside roaming statues when they are at their farthest point. Unfortunately, this has no effect, as no matter where you pull them, the orcs always pop right under the archway. What you do is move yourself up against the wall so that you are in a direct line of sight with the front roaming statue and the back roaming statue. In other words, you're right in front of the archway, looking all the way into the back of the gate area. But you're back by the shop stands as far back as you can get so you don't aggro the front roaming statue while he gets to his farthest point. You then pull the front roaming statue, no matter where he is, when the BACK roaming statue is about 1 second away from turning around to go the other direction.

The hardest one to pull is the middle statue because the back roaming middle statue doesn't have as far to travel as the other two. But the same principle should work, pull when the one in the back is just about to turn around.
    What do you do at the West Ronfaure gate with the repop that shows up in between the two shops over there? (he's popped by the East Ronf. NM dying as I'm sure you know)

Or am I to assume you don't kill the East Ronf. NM until you've made some progress on the statues on the West Ronf. side as well? Which would render the repop as a single pull after the fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    What do you do at the West Ronfaure gate with the repop that shows up in between the two shops over there? (he's popped by the East Ronf. NM dying as I'm sure you know)

Or am I to assume you don't kill the East Ronf. NM until you've made some progress on the statues on the West Ronf. side as well? Which would render the repop as a single pull after the fact...
    We don't care about clears, so we avoid the NMs anyway.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

"clearing" the area pops a bunch more mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    "clearing" the area pops a bunch more mobs...
    Yea but even when ignore the NMs you still probably won't be able to clear the entire rest of the zone, even gettnig all TEs. We once cleared every mob in the zone except for the 2 gate NMs and the mobs they link with, but we only had about 1 minute left.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So do you avoid the back line roaming statues as well? I've noticed they have a habit of linking with the NM at times, but if you're avoiding the NMs, I'd imagine you can get away with leaving these alone.

Even if they do link with the NM, they're usually easier to handle if the front line roaming statues have been cleared successfully.

So, let's assume the front line statues have been cleared without linking the back line... will the pops off the back line statues always link the NM? Or can you tag them when they are farthest from the NM and get away cleanly?

New Merits
    BG Level

You then pull the front roaming statue, no matter where he is, when the BACK roaming statue is about 1 second away from turning around to go the other direction.
    This is the trick right here, I almost never link the NM posse since I figured this out.

Your puller will need a job with radar (e.g. THF) to track the movements of the far statue without getting aggro prematurely, just keep in mind that it's the movement of the statue on the grass that counts, not the ones in the street. The stationary statue that pops in the stall of the opposite gate when an NM dies doesn't really complicate this either--it all comes down to when the center grass statue aggroes. If it occurs at the closest point to the archway, then you're good. If not, then you get the whole NM cluster.

So, let's assume the front line statues have been cleared without linking the back line... will the pops off the back line statues always link the NM? Or can you tag them when they are farthest from the NM and get away cleanly?
    Surprisingly, I don't think think there are any pops from the back line NMs. I was surprised the first time I noticed this, because so much shit comes from the back of there you figure every statue had to have popped at least 10 mobs. However, there are a few statues back there you can't see when you're outside looking in. Imagine you walk under the archway and then make an immediate left. There's a statue there. And on the furthest archway, you walk in and make an immediate right. There's a statue there also. Both of those pop mobs. I'm not 100% sure about the back roaming middle statue, but I don't think that one pops mobs either. Usually we just skip all the back roaming statues, but I think you could safely pull all 3 of them once the front roaming statues are cleared.

Simple way to pull these mobs is to have 2 BLMs nuke the roaming stat, let the 2 mobs pop when the roaming stat BEHIND the mobs that pop go back just pull the 2 mobs that pop. You can actually see the statue in the back that link the NMs after the blms time nuke the roaming stat in the front. We time nuke the 6 roaming stats in Sandy and never got a link.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Are you pulling in trying to get the NM or just wanna clear that area? If you're trying to get the NM then just sac it and have a voker pick it out of the crowd and kill it. Otherwise, I don't really see how you could wipe to this part unless you're trying to kill everything at once.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The main that's a pain in the ass is that on the East(?) gate, one of the mobs from each statue is a BRD and sometimes they'll just hang back and start singing songs allowing the back statue to link. Easy solution for this is to just have a RDM come with the puller and silence it when it pops.