Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Mamook AC Recovery Strategy

I have some questions for the BC.

1) Does Stun work on all/any of the NMs?

2) Does Gravity work on all/any of the NMs?

3) Does Sleep work on any of the NMs?

4) How much Evasion/Defense would you say they have?

5) You can only enter once per set of keyitems? Then you have to refarm them, right? I need confirmation.

Thanks for any help. My server sucks balls, ect.

You can also use this thread as a base of discussion about AC Recovery in general, to answer any questions.

This might come off as me sounding like an ass, but how do you guys ever lose Besieged? >.>

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    This might come off as me sounding like an ass, but how do you guys ever lose Besieged? >.>
    I don't want this thread to derail so early, so I'll explain the wonderful experience of Midgardsormr Besieged after my questions get answered.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I don't want this thread to derail so early, so I'll explain the wonderful experience of Midgardsormr Besieged after my questions get answered.
    Okay, sorry I can't offer you any advice. :/

1) Does Stun work on all/any of the NMs?
    Not Sagelord for sure. In fact the Sagelord will resist most any debuff aside from Dia and Bio. Unconfirmed on the others.
    2) Does Gravity work on all/any of the NMs?
    They're Mamools, and Forbidding is THF. There's no way it will land without Elemental Seal, and even then it will be brief.
    3) Does Sleep work on any of the NMs?
    Yes, Sleep works on Forbidding and Shadelurking. It has been, in fact, a staple part of my last 5 rescue operations in Mamook. ES-Sleep will last a good while, and a superb RDM can even Sleep again (but resist should be expected soon enough). I have never seen a BRD successfully land Lullaby without SV, however.
    4) How much Evasion/Defense would you say they have?
    They all have high defense, like a NQ Beseiged mob. Sagelord is noticeably higher. Evasion on Sagelord and Shadelurking is no trouble, but Forbidding will give melees a hard time even with excessive +acc. A BLM does wonders here.
    5) You can only enter once per set of keyitems? Then you have to refarm them, right? I need confirmation.
    Every member must have a blue bell and a red bell. Both items will be consumed when you enter the BC, and must be obtained again to enter subsequent times.

If you want things to be infinitely easier, break the Archaic Mirrors. It weakens their physical and magical defenses considerably.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A big part of the problem is that no one rescues anyone anymore. We had three days of having two generals, then another couple days of having one.

That and the whole 'no one shows up, other than JPs' thing.

:/

Banned.

BG Level

Okay thanks a lot! but one more thing: We are having Red Bell troubles. What drops it exactly? We just got Blue Bell off a Red Mamool Ja.

Which Job was that Mamool? If I'm not mistaken, red bells are from mage Jobs and blue bells from melee Jobs.

BLU counts as a mage, even though the mob is red.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Red? Their colour is way closer to brown or orange

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    A big part of the problem is that no one rescues anyone anymore. We had three days of having two generals, then another couple days of having one.

That and the whole 'no one shows up, other than JPs' thing.

:/
    Ah, that sucks. :/ I go to Besieged whenever I'm not busy doing something else and it's on, I have a lot of fun, and the IS is nice. We've never lost before, never even came close, I just can't imagine losing lol...again, not trying to sound concieted, just always seems so easy.

Banned.

BG Level

Well, let the first thing I suggest be: Pick-Up groups suck. Oh man, you can tell I "enjoyed" doing this with a BLM/BLU lol. If only he had Stoneskin/ect >.>. Despite that, it wasn't bad at all. And I'm happy some people out there care about this thing, even if they choose horrible subs.

We didn't win, but now I'm pretty confident that if I got some experienced players in this, it would be an easy sweep. Now only if my LS wasn't so lazy on doing anything but the basic end-game things.

Big thanks to Vistani of this forum, he gave me some awesome advice ;P. Props to you.

EDIT: Oh and about Midgardsormr-ese Besieged:

It has less to do with the population of people there than anything else. The Besieged we lost, we had roughly 400 people. maybe even more. We've won the same level Besieged with 300ish.

It is true we were missing two generals at the time... hmm, but I'd say the biggest reason we lost Besieged is because some people still haven't realized or don't want to realize that there is a strategy that has to be used for an effective win.

Mini Bosses -> Level Boss -> (and somewhat optional) Mega-boss. In addition, some Mini-Bosses require their little entourage to be killed first, example: Fleetfingered Mobel Ja(spelling of name might be off) needs his Ravagers killed first. Finally, this all needs to be done while keeping NPCs alive and killing minor monsters.

It's absolutely annoying that people completely disregard some or all of the above. I think I can vouch for Midgardsormr being an overall unskilled server, once you put aside the handful of good LSes. I've seen popular Sky LSes wipe to Zip and Faust in the same night. Midgardsormr is just not the most pleasant of places, so there is no surprise we'd have the most trouble with Besieged.

Hey, you guys don't mind if I start false rumors that this BC drops those new JSE weapons right? I need to get my LS to do it somehow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

BRP you should also note how when the Mega Boss enters like 85% of the players attack it, and if it's the Troll one, they'll launch a fury of magic attacks at it.

How we even made it to LV7 is a mystery.

Sagacious Sundi

Hey, you guys don't mind if I start false rumors that this BC drops those new JSE weapons right? I need to get my LS to do it somehow.
    2 for each AC NM. Everyone knows that.

EDIT: Or maybe it's 3 for each non-main boss or 6 from the main bosses.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD
    BRP you should also note how when the Mega Boss enters like 85% of the players attack it, and if it's the Troll one, they'll launch a fury of magic attacks at it.

How we even made it to LV7 is a mystery.
    Ha ha, yes. That too.

What? All the generals dead and mobs in the hall?
    "Medusa {Can I have it?} where?"

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If I hear one more fucking 300 quote in a Midgardsormr Besieged, I'm going to have to choke a bitch.

It is true we were missing two generals at the time... hmm, but I'd say the biggest reason we lost Besieged is because some people still haven't realized or don't want to realize that there is a strategy that has to be used for an effective win.
    It's not just that, it's people being there for the most inane reasons pulling stupid shit instead of helping. For example, I was guarding Gadalar the night prior to losing the AC. Rugjahdeen was bum rushed right off the bat and fell instantly, then Najelith picked up 10+ mobs on her. So I'm hauling ass to keep mobs off that retardedly arrogant nutball and I noticed 4-5 RDMs and WHMs consistently curing Gadalar. Ok, so maybe he took damage.

Then I realized they've been doing that for the entire Besieged. So while I'm getting smacked around, we have a bunch of retarded healers that could be helping the people keeping the mobs off the general, but instead are curebombing the general for no good reason.

I should have just kited Medusa into the AC when Gadalar fell. She was on the verge of steamrolling it anyways when those zamtards brought her to the Hall of Binding.

In all seriousness, common sense is not so common on Midgardsormr.

Banned.

BG Level

If I hear one more fucking 300 quote in a Midgardsormr Besieged, I'm going to have to choke a bitch.
    Were you there when I got into an argument about that movie being a remake? I'm sure I pissed a lot of people off lol, but it was worth it. Dumbest shit I've ever heard.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Well, let the first thing I suggest be: Pick-Up groups suck. Oh man, you can tell I "enjoyed" doing this with a BLM/BLU lol. If only he had Stoneskin/ect >.>. Despite that, it wasn't bad at all. And I'm happy some people out there care about this thing, even if they choose horrible subs.

We didn't win, but now I'm pretty confident that if I got some experienced players in this, it would be an easy sweep. Now only if my LS wasn't so lazy on doing anything but the basic end-game things.
    I am a non-retarded BLM with a real sub and I would be interested in some delicious Astral Candy, if it hasn't been returned by the time I get home from work feel free to look me up.

edit:
    Were you there when I got into an argument about that movie being a remake? I'm sure I pissed a lot of people off lol, but it was worth it. Dumbest shit I've ever heard.
    Holy crap that sounds like it must have been hilarious, shit like that is why I leave shout on during Besieged. It's a pity they almost always happen when I'm at work or about to go to bed :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    In all seriousness, common sense is not so common in the human race.
    Much better.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Sorry to slight derail this, but I only tried recovery twice and they went pretty bad. However I want to know more on these fights to make sure I'm ready if my server looses the astral again. (Last time I did beseiged one of the Mamool NMs was about 5 feet away from the Astral, so we cut it close.)

1) Do you need to kill all 3 of them or just the "boss"? (In this case Sagelord)

2) If you kill one of them, will they respawn?

3) Do they recover HP if you loose? (I know they're around 33% but never put much thought in it)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

you need to kill all three of them

the lowest they will start is all three of them at 33% hp, note that they will SP immediatly, wel the lamia did, ninja mamool might wait longer (might consider aggro right before an es sleepga2 so that the other two are sleeping during their sp)

Ground Burst hurts... once you can survive that you should be ok.

kill the ninja last, mijin range is 20.0, we had 1 dd and 1 tank push it down to mijin (they both died) then had the rest of the group come in to finish it off for win