+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Need help with dickhead fido dealer

So heres the story... Wall of text but I really really need you help.

!!!REMEMBER THIS IS IN CANADA SO YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT SHE CAN DO IN CANADA AND WHY SHE CAN DO IT!!!

About 3 months ago is when this started! My step sister bought a phone (LG KG320) from cellular baby (http://www.cellularbaby.ca/) a licensed Fido dealer. The phone seemed to work the first couple of weeks but then began to freeze and not operate correctly so she took it back to the dealer and they replaced it with another one that did the same thing after 3 weeks. They replaced it 3 times and the problem is still occurring. She wants her money back OR a new phone of equal value but the owner says and I quote "THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE" (INSERT HEAVY CHINESE ACCENT) they also sent her the check for the rebate which was returned from her bank as "Drawn on a closed account". This guy is just going in circles saying a refund is not possible nor is an exchange. At this point that is all she is looking for! He says that if we return the phone again he will send it in for repair but we really don't want that knowing 3 separate phones have been defective. There is a no refund policy however this is not hanging up in the store it is somewhere where you would have to actually look... It's on a normal sheet of paper on their desk. At this point I really would like some help. He gave her the option of crediting the Fido account but what use is that if she doesn't have a working phone? She has told him she will sue him for selling a defective product and fraud since the rebate check bounced as well.

If anymore information is needed please tell me and I will ask her. At this point any help except "give up he isn't going to give you the money" is appreciated. Help me and her bg we are both very very pissed off!

Thank you,
    Ikith and Step sister!

EDIT001: More Info:
    The RCMP pretty much told my step sister to call the Cellular baby but as stated above the owner isn't doing shit!

EDIT002: More Info:
    Cellular baby even said to her Sue us, Put us on the BBB, Do whatever you want we don't care. When she bought the phone.

Video tape it and send it to that TV show where the short haired girl fights the battles for you upclose and personal, That seems to work

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well the LG KG320 is known for its laggy camera and typing. Not sure what type of "freezing" your step sis is experiencing, if it's those random lags then i guess it's normal since the phone itself lags.

Also if you are going to get something from Chinese specially phones its better to bring a chinese friend along with you, it works better that way. why? well i don't know how the chinese do their business in Canada but in NYC they be rippin off from non-asians specially those that don't know anything about phones. I got my SE K800 from a chinese store for $360 while they go for like $400+ on the internet.

Btw.....did u check the box where the phone is made and if it has all the correct manuals? Could have been a bootleg phone :wink:

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dekamii
    Well the LG KG320 is known for its laggy camera and typing. Not sure what type of "freezing" your step sis is experiencing, if it's those random lags then i guess it's normal since the phone itself lags.

Also if you are going to get something from Chinese specially phones its better to bring a chinese friend along with you, it works better that way. why? well i don't know how the chinese do their business in Canada but in NYC they be rippin off from non-asians specially those that don't know anything about phones. I got my SE K800 from a chinese store for $360 while they go for like $400+ on the internet.

Btw.....did u check the box where the phone is made and if it has all the correct manuals? Could have been a bootleg phone :wink:
    The phone itself freezes... Just hangs you have to take the battery out in order for it to work again from what I understand. But as said above this has been going on for 3 months the account the rebate was supposed to be coming from was closed and when we called them about it they said "OOHHHHH THAT OK..." like they fucking knew! She just wants a refund or a new phone but he keeps saying "That is impossible". Ugh!