Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Fife in Salvage     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Storm Fife in Salvage

lolalla, but yea. Take it for what it's worth. If someone who already has a Storm Fife could test this out (again) I'd appreciate it.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... =10;page=1

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've never seen assault stuff work in salvage, maybe he had sanction/autorefresh/regular double ballad? lol Would be interesting to test though.

If you read the whole thread :D he says the mages were getting 6MP/tick, 1 of which was no doubt due to Sanction. He also says he knows this didn't used to work, and he thinks it may have been changed in a recent update.

Uhh, my bard char has one, probably won't do Salvage until sometime this weekend though, if I get the chance to test it I'll post the results.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It wouldn't surprise me. One of my members tried the Assault: Regen necklace a few Salvages ago, and it worked then.

I don't think it used to work untill last patch when they added the Salvage: items. So I would guess its a bug, sadly =/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

why would they make Salvage: xxxxx items and Assault: xxxxx if one is gonna work for both? might as well try Besieged: xxxxx crap too... could be a glitch or something.

I'm guessing Assault items work in Salvage, but Salvage items don't work in Assault.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I tested this when Salvage was first released, but took the word of the BLM in my party that he was getting the +1 from the Storm Fife. I now believe that he may have been neglecting some other source of mp such as sanction.

Much more recently, I tried to verify this myself after so many people swore up and down to me that it did not work ... and a bit to my surprise we did not see any +effects from the Storm Fife in Salvage.

Not that I'm doubting it, but if the fife does now give +1 to ballad, it most certainly is a change and/or bug. Unfortunately my linkshell only does Salvage once a week anymore, and on a night that I work too late to attend.

Oh I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that this did not used to work. But I'm tempted to think that it probably does work now, so hopefully someone will test it and post back.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe this will be one of the 'fixes' that will come up in that surprize maint on wed.

I'm hoping it was intentional :D

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well whenever something like this happens the normal course of action is like:

1) Maint comes along
    2) New thing comes up that got changed in maint
    3) Random maint appears not long after it gets found out

We're at 2 now and 3 is on wed so.. I'm thinking it's not intentional. If it is then yipeee but it doesn't look to be that way. It's probably a bug from programming those 'in salvage' items or something.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

A BRD in my LS got one and tried in Salvage, and it did indeed work. I had heard that Assault: X effect items worked in mission BCs before this, and so this didn't seem unusual. We actually expected it to work. I didn't know it actually didn't work prior to this month's patch. Also, a member has an Assault Loop, which works in the Salvage, and we tested Besieged: X gear, which does NOT work.

go go Storm Crackows

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Has anyone verified that Assault items still work in Salvage since today's patch? If they still do, I think I'm going to have to start working on Ilrusi points...after I blew them all on Remnants Permits.