Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meat and Merit     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Meat and Merit

As much as I fucking hated it, most of the merit party I join would go to Tandjana Islet for Greater Colibri.

I'm running on +28 ACC and +14 DEX for a total of +35 TP ACC (working on haidate and bomblet) and I have full katana merit.

For Colibri, I usually add another +20 ACC, but my hitrate is still hovering on 80%ish even with madrigal.

What's an optimal amount of +ACC to get a decent result from meat on colibri?or any non-mire camp?

It seem that the only place where I can comfortably eat meat in is the mire, and I can't recall the last time I party or even have a desire to party there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

By and large, it doesn't pay to eat meat on Ninja - sole sushi only. I'm really not up for listing the comparisons that have been done, quick search on KI nin forums will yield a result as to why (if you're interested in my opinion). On most other melee jobs meat makes a nice boost to overall damage if accuracy is geared correctly - ninja bucks this trend, and sushi is king.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I would agree with the sushi is for nin statement, but time and again I see all this accounts on how someone has an actual working meat build for NIN that works better than any sushi build.

I'm inclined to call bullshit on that count, but hey I'm all ears if anyone care to give me a good meat setup for NIN.

Re: Meat and Merit

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    As much as I fucking hated it
    How do you "fuckin' hate" 20k-25k an hour? lol\

oh ya, Sushi ftw.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thur
    As much as I fucking hated it
    How do you "fuckin' hate" 20k-25k an hour? lol\

oh ya, Sushi ftw.
    Because the mamools on the first ledge gives more or less the same amount of exp (maybe more now because of the lack of bugards) allow me to use sushi, doesn't attack as fast (and can be debuffed with slow by mages) and I only need to eat 1 fucking sushi per hour unless I died.

And the best part being that camp is one of the few camp that really push your party to the limit, making it open a good amount of time since those mamools can and will probably rape your party given the chance.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

As much as I fucking hated it, most of the merit party I join would go to Tandjana Islet for Greater Colibri.

I'm running on +28 ACC and +14 DEX for a total of +35 TP ACC (working on haidate and bomblet) and I have full katana merit.

For Colibri, I usually add another +20 ACC, but my hitrate is still hovering on 80%ish even with madrigal.

What's an optimal amount of +ACC to get a decent result from meat on colibri?or any non-mire camp?

It seem that the only place where I can comfortably eat meat in is the mire, and I can't recall the last time I party or even have a desire to party there.
    I've got full katana merits as well, and I've played around between full haste, mixed, and full accuracy gear at the colibri camp. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference on the parser between the different equip setups.

You'll never be able to parse well at the colibri camp as NIN. You're generally the first one to lose your TP, and usually the first one to lose your food.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Not sure at the colibri camp, I ussually just spam-eat mithkabobs there and we have one bard sing madrigal.

I'm able to use meat in mire (accuracy cap, 94%) and on trolls (84% accuracy). I think my accuracy is actually at or near 94% for the pld/rdm/war/drk trolls, and I miss a lot on the monk/pup trolls.

For accuracy I've got u/u (dex), PCC/breeze gorget, Haub+1, Rajas, Sniper's, Aelerion Mantle, Swift belt, Byakko's Hiadate. Hopefully, will have fire bomblet after the weekend, in which case I'll go try out trolls again and see how much I bump up.

On Mamools I'ld just stick with sushi and swap out some of the +acc gear I ussually wear for +atk gear (aelerion mantle -> forger's mantle for example), mostly because they like to give themselves evasion buffs.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I run +28 acc and +25 dex, so about 40 acc on my NIN's TP set. Assuming the BRD in my party singing madrigal isn't retarded or something, I usually swing ~85% with meat on Colibri. This is with lv4 Katana as well.

I've had fairly nice results with this, but I haven't tried sushi there since I hit lv75. I'll give it a shot next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Damen

I've got full katana merits as well, and I've played around between full haste, mixed, and full accuracy gear at the colibri camp. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference on the parser between the different equip setups.

You'll never be able to parse well at the colibri camp as NIN. You're generally the first one to lose your TP, and usually the first one to lose your food.
    Your DDs fail. Ninjas get gimped into merit pts or the pt is shit.

edit: it could be better with real DDs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tordall
    Not sure at the colibri camp, I ussually just spam-eat mithkabobs there and we have one bard sing madrigal.

I'm able to use meat in mire (accuracy cap, 94%) and on trolls (84% accuracy). I think my accuracy is actually at or near 94% for the pld/rdm/war/drk trolls, and I miss a lot on the monk/pup trolls.

For accuracy I've got u/u (dex), PCC/breeze gorget, Haub+1, Rajas, Sniper's, Aelerion Mantle, Swift belt, Byakko's Hiadate. Hopefully, will have fire bomblet after the weekend, in which case I'll go try out trolls again and see how much I bump up.

On Mamools I'ld just stick with sushi and swap out some of the +acc gear I ussually wear for +atk gear (aelerion mantle -> forger's mantle for example), mostly because they like to give themselves evasion buffs.

i agree with this guy. the only 2 places i would eat meat as a nin is mire (but even that is kinda pushin it sometimes if you dont have at least 4 katana merits) and colibri. I thought it was known for bards to play madriguel in the Colobri camp anyways, the birds are always taking your food. I guess im too cheap to buy 5 stacks of sole sushi and i just spam mithkabobs. and ninjas arent that bad there. Here is a parse from a while back, it was a really short pty since it was an LS pty, we had to cut it short for Khi and bum rush over there
    http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/852/ ... olieo1.jpg
    the acc is a bit low, i took off 4 katana merits and put in h2h but i was expecting it to be worse.

I tired meat in the thickets as a nin with a bard and Cor in the pty. Bard played madriguel and cor used rangers roll. I was able to push it past 75-77% a few times, but i dont think its worth it. Stick with sole

I usually party with 31 total acc, with a Hope Torque which is about 6 more? so that'd put me at 37ish with +20 dex (I dont use rajas on tp ). oh and full katana merits. With this setup using hedgehog pie, I can usually hit around 80% acc on mamools through nyzul isle with my party setups. I dont usually make parties unless i can get 2 bards though D:

What hurts the most is that one thf being up there. Accuracy goes to shit as soon as that gets pulled, even with life belt and ohat swapped in for another 17 acc. i'm sure its possible to eat meat and parse good up there, but i dont have the gear to make it as viable 100% of the time in that camp

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlokk
    Quote Originally Posted by Damen

Your DDs fail. Ninjas get gimped into merit pts or the pt is shit.

edit: it could be better with real DDs.
    Sounds like your Ninjas fail to me..

Masterofshade

I think it's called Voke. Most NINs i pt with are more about Voking than really doing more dmg on the parser. The good ones, at least.

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There's a sticky in the advanced player discussion that could probably answer all of your questions regarding meat/sushi etc.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9496

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you get one of the near-staging point camps (majority puks / BLM / DRG / BLU mamool) and it's a wide open day meat on NIN in +50 ACC (inc. the 5 from h. pie) works just fine for me. I used to press the subject of meat onry, but in all fairness, if you dont have an open camp and you're pulling more NIN + THF + Wyvern than you'd like, just eat sushi.

I am just back off long break and havent XPed in any of the new new camps yet so I can't comment.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I spent a few hours killing Greater Colibri tonight as a NIN with two Katana merits and 34 Acc in my TP build. I was a career BLM&SMN who leveled NIN so I don't have the uber gods gear etc that the other people did (a Ridill War, a BB Mnk in that party) and am still kitty pantsless.

I tried to first voke every mob, but sometimes it wasn't up so I'd Hojo and hope somebody else got a crit or three to grab hate off the BRD. Neither the BRD or RDM got killed or seriously maimed, so I think I did ok in that regard.

I had a stack of sole sushi and a stack of mithkabobs. After a few swings I usually lost hate, so other people's food got ganked more often than mine. I didn't get any parrying skill ups like I usually would in parties with crappy DDs either. I couldn't parse my acc as I'm on PS2, but it was pretty bad without sushi up so I ended up going through all my sole with some kabobs left over.

I've been in several other parties there on the birds, and unless the DDs are really good they sucked pretty badly. My NIN can do ok at the Nyzul Isle party in the Mire, but I need lots more acc before I'd be comfortable doing colibri with meat.

So I kind of agree with both the "ur nin is gimp" and "ur DDs are gimp" comments.

Hopefully I wasn't too long-winded and stupid.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    I spent a few hours killing Greater Colibri tonight as a NIN with two Katana merits and 34 Acc in my TP build. I was a career BLM&SMN who leveled NIN so I don't have the uber gods gear etc that the other people did (a Ridill War, a BB Mnk in that party) and am still kitty pantsless.

I tried to first voke every mob, but sometimes it wasn't up so I'd Hojo and hope somebody else got a crit or three to grab hate off the BRD. Neither the BRD or RDM got killed or seriously maimed, so I think I did ok in that regard.

I had a stack of sole sushi and a stack of mithkabobs. After a few swings I usually lost hate, so other people's food got ganked more often than mine. I didn't get any parrying skill ups like I usually would in parties with crappy DDs either. I couldn't parse my acc as I'm on PS2, but it was pretty bad without sushi up so I ended up going through all my sole with some kabobs left over.

I've been in several other parties there on the birds, and unless the DDs are really good they sucked pretty badly. My NIN can do ok at the Nyzul Isle party in the Mire, but I need lots more acc before I'd be comfortable doing colibri with meat.

So I kind of agree with both the "ur nin is gimp" and "ur DDs are gimp" comments.

Hopefully I wasn't too long-winded and stupid.
    ...that shit is one "r8^" away from being zammed. Please don't insult my intelligence by pointing out the obvious. I'm asking the amount of ACC gear needed to eat meat decently on NIN, not "how to play merit NIN" nor "how to fit in a sub-15k/hour party" or god forbid "how to leech 20k/hour with your BB and ridill friends"

There's a sticky in the advanced player discussion that could probably answer all of your questions regarding meat/sushi etc.
    Oh geez thanks, pardon my inability to read a sticky, I'm sure it has all the specific shit like the amount of ACC needed on every merit camp as a NIN.

Oh, fuck it doesn't maybe I should make a thread asking about it on newbie forum then.

As for the rest of the non-retarded comment, thanks for the input, I guess I'll work on getting fire bomblet and haidate to make my time fighting colibris somewhat more enjoyable...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm feeling that I have to use sushi when it's Mamool Ja Lurker for my target mob ;;
    Ohat and Behemoth+1 ring swap doesn't do anything

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think you're asking the wrong question here. I go to this camp with exactly 20 ACC, 26 DEX, and 292 katana skill and my accuracy is typically just below 80%, but it still takes a Ridill or well-equipped THF to outdamage my haste build.

I still have some room for improvement in this build and it's possible that when I add another dozen ACC into it I will do even better, but the relevant point is that your accuracy there is not really the problem. Middling accuracy is fine if your attacks are coming quick and hard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My issue with meat on ninja is it just doesn't seem to add enough damage to ever be worth the accuracy loss. I've parsed numerous times and even on colibri with madrigal, I parsed better with squid sushi than meat kabobs.. I'm not even sure why this is.. high base attack? low damage weapons? WS based on critical hits.. i dunno.. Even at MMJ SP with 2 bards, fighting puks and mamool, sole sushi beat out red curry on the parse with min x 2, mad, march..