Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Thread Request (Haidate vs Hakama for NIN)

I know this thread if an old one. Almost positive it was a semi-lengthy one on BG at least 4+ months back. I did a quick search for it to about six months back and came up empty. It was a discussion on Haidate vs Hakama in terms of swing speed.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm 95% sure they have same attack speed, only thing is Dual wield enhancements lower TP gain I think, and Hakama won't lower Utsu recast.

depends on your current amount of DW enhancement and haste.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Could you elaborate?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Haidate, Koga is something like 17 delay faster I think but haidates Acc/small crit bonus is priceless for Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooldac
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Could you elaborate?
    search solves everything

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewto ... oga+hakama
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewto ... oga+hakama

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Short answer, Haidate is better.

Long answer, Haidate is better, why aren't you camping Despot right now?

Change this later.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    Haidate, Koga is something like 17 delay faster I think but haidates Acc/small crit bonus is priceless for Ninja.
    Don't forget the DEX mod on Blade: Jin.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hakama stacks linearly with other DW enhance items, so it is actually faster, but how could you pass up the Lightning +50???

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Short answer, Haidate is better.

Long answer, Haidate is better, why aren't you camping Despot right now?
    Already have it

the only time hakama is better is if you already have the 25% haste cap and the only way is pretty much subbing drg with yellow hp and using the ring or red hp and using the earing

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Haste cap is only 25% for recast iirc. I might be retarded though :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwoll
    Haste cap is only 25% for recast iirc. I might be retarded though :/
    Haste from gear caps at 25%, that's what he meant.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Errr ya. Haidate blows hakama out of the water obviously, but because of how haste and dual wield are calculated, hakama really does let you swing faster (only by a very small amount though obviously). There was a thread about it recently (On KI i think?) showing how the more dual wield/haste you have, it somehow benefits you more, and because of ninja's dual wield traits add up to more then you can get from haste armor, the hakama allows you to attack slightly faster.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Errr ya. Haidate blows hakama out of the water obviously, but because of how haste and dual wield are calculated, hakama really does let you swing faster (only by a very small amount though obviously). There was a thread about it recently (On KI i think?) showing how the more dual wield/haste you have, it somehow benefits you more, and because of ninja's dual wield traits add up to more then you can get from haste armor, the hakama allows you to attack slightly faster.
    That still doesn't excuse the fucking morons using Ninja Chainmail in exp. That shit pisses me off..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    That still doesn't excuse the fucking morons using Ninja Chainmail in exp. That shit pisses me off..
    yeah noticed the trend for a long time. I don't know what's going on in their heads

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    If you already have near-capped Acc, you're not getting much from Shura, AF2, or a Haub (+1) except some Att and/or STR. The extra attacks over time tend to add more overall damage than the Att and/or STR specifically in this situation.

Yes, of course you can switch to meat, but some camps just entail mediocre Acc if you do (i.e. north camp at the Mamool Ja staging point, especially with 1 BRD), so it can be easier to take the yuck route, eat sushi, and then use AF body to get the most damage possible. I'm a big meat person myself, I like to use it whenever practical (i.e. not dropping below 80% Acc or so), but there just are times that sushi and AF body are better.

It's not always the best choice, and yeah, anyone who wears it all the time *is* a moron, but don't knock it until you've tried it. When you already have 85-90% Acc with Hauby, you might as well switch to AF body, unless the switch somehow makes you miss more hits than AF body is giving you (not bloody likely).