Shaper's Shawl? idk...

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

One of those um..... bug moments.

Smithing mule, 0 fishing skill, and it wasnt a chat log glitch cause the numbers added up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not sure what's going on with my Ebisu here... Not even fishing at the moment

Spoiler: show
    It's a ghost.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I AM .HACK

Spoiler: show

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.klankaos.com/Cauey'e%20bocy%20egits.png

I have no idea. Guildwork did something similar earlier but mirrored the message cut off from someone signing on.

I also hard locked later, I'm gonna have to blame cosmic radiation flipping a bit in my RAM or some bs. Or it was aliens.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

cosmic radiation.

is it normal to totally evade discoid damage?

this is the second run in which its happened, and its pretty inconvenient given we only have just enough HP.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Was it targetted on Falcorr both times? Only thing I can think of it messing shit up that one normally wouldn't have seen in ye olden salvage.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

that is the case, although i dont know why that would be an issue, as before a few days ago Discoid would hit me.
    it hits our scholar too, the only one it misses (and doesnt even register) is me, yet it has no issues meleeing me, other Chariot abilities will hit me as well. I even engaged the fight.

the only things weve done different is that I'm not present for the first poroggo madame kill, and I'm always directly behind someone when discoid goes off.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Was doing NNI with some friends and got this while we were entering, I was the only person to get this message and I have no clue why I got it other then the game must have fucked up lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Was doing NNI with some friends and got this while we were entering, I was the only person to get this message and I have no clue why I got it other then the game must have fucked up lol.

warning you of the troll boss on floor 20 40 and 60!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll get a pic of the next one but I had lines poking out of some charas again..

Did I get sold a bum card? I thought I'd ask here even tho this isn't tech support. It's intermittent but if it's bad, I'll have to get a new card ;_; It's a Geforce GTX 650 TI and I've been getting some minor artifacts all the time and some stretching issues sometimes.

and the traveler
    BG Level

any sort of artifacting is usually due to any of these factors: overheating, GPU fault, CPU fault, RAM fault, or weak power supply

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    GPU fault, CPU fault, RAM fault, or weak power supply
    Is that likely to be what's causing my problem?

In case you can't see, there's loads of see-through lines all over my character. But it's ONLY the character I'm playing. All other players/NPCs/etc are all completely fine. I have to play in first person because it's causing my framerate to halve when in third person.
    It started happening after my fan broke and my laptop overheated (although everything else works fine and I got the fan replaced).

and the traveler
    BG Level

quickest way to find out is to test the card on a diff computer under the same settings for ffxi and see if you have the same results. though it could be any of the things i listed, including drivers for the hardware.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, i'm trying rma'ing the card to start (Cross ship RMA), and I promise I'll make some fraps vids of the most common problems for "Eww hahaha" since I've had problems since day 1 of this build (I got a funkeh line in Legion). If this don't solve it, I'll be doing the same part by part until I find the problem. ^^

After doing some research, I find stretching/peeling errors (which is what I'd been seeing intermittently) is no joke. I've had feather flicker and a certain model taru head flicker all the time though as well as artifacts on certain armors in certain zones. Ugh..

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pardon the double post but it just happened..again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...s/ewwwyuck.jpg

That new card can't get here fast enough. Hopefully this isn't Nivida's fault. (Or at least the new vid card will fix it.)

Oh and I forgot to mention that zoning stops it and everything goes back to normal.

Also, me and Aedrin are old friends; I was talking about a certain..mm..mess..that had to do with a bar of soap and a counter...in my brother's bathroom when that hit..get your head out of the gutter

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, new card, still have the artifacts. So let me go ahead and post up a couple vids of these since they're more visible in motion. Mind, these are on my Dropbox but I'm sure they're viewable.

Taru Head Flicker!

WTF is up with these VW folk?

I've checked the files, I rma'd the video card, Speccy is reporting half the clock speed on my ram...What the bleep could this be? Is it Nivida's fault or what?

I'm doing a burn-in test tonight to see if we can find any problems. I don't think it's the vid card now, what are the odds of me getting 2 bad video cards?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    what are the odds of me getting 2 bad video cards?
    It happened to me before :/

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I hope it isn't. I'm gonna send back the first card Saturday. I hope I don't see any more peeling errors, btw, I dont' know if it stress tested it long enough but the testing program I used didn't find nuffin; passed everything.

So I have no idea, and I hope I don't have to rma it..AGAIN..

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've yet to find a reliable solution to that z-fighting issue present in your vids, outside of trying 50 different driver versions and hoping for the best. I get it especially bad in certain zones like Walk of Echoes or Provenance. It's a problem with the age of the game up against modern cards/drivers, given XI is still running an ancient version of DirectX, version 8.1.

The image up above with the polygons getting stretched out I can't really comment on, since it can be either a vid card problem, or driver also.