BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Leveling BRD (not what you think)

So I am bored (and a THF) and have decided to level BRD so I can do... stuff. Anyway, I have the option of leveling it on my character (currently @ Lv5) orrrrrrrrr reactivating a friend's account with my CC and finishing off his 68BRD.

Which do you think would be a better idea? I don't know if I can keep my friend's account active (paying for your own college tuition is never fun), but it does save me a lot of leveling. The only downside is that I'll be a 68BRD with no BRD experience.

Thanks for any help!

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Level it on your own account and decide whether or not you like it.

If your LS gets wind of knowing you have a high-level BRD available, you'll never play your own character again.

Plus it takes like 2-3 weeks to get BRD to 75 if you exp every day.

Otherwise it might take a month or two, lawl.

Be sure to get your WHM sub, too. You'll need it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Bard is a mule job onri , why would anyone level it for their main

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would level it on the second character. Having a Bard mule is living the life of luxury. (Yay power leveling!)

Plus if the WHM is level 42, you have instant teleports on demand.

Even if you jump into brd at 68, it's not hard to learn how to play 4 songs and run back and forth in a party all day.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

do it on the 2nd account. any retard can play brd(look at judah) and u can always lvl something useful on ur main account and stick urself in a blm party for 1 macro 2boxing goodness. and the pl, yes.

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

2nd account BRD is a great idea if you have the ability to 2 box. It comes in very handy for powerleveling, especially at low levels. However, one of the primary advantages of doing it on your main character is that you have an easy way to get merits for any other job you want. You can't do that as easily on THF;

BRD is also reeeeeeally simple to 2 box.

I just completed my Gjallarhorn recently which makes me perma BRD for most events because the enhanced ballad is just too cheat. However I really enjoy my other jobs and have amazing WHM gear.

Solution:

Finish WHM merits on my level 75 WHM mule and give her all my non rare-ex gear. Play WHM on her and BRD on me! Luckily she already has things like Cleric's Pantaloons so it's minor to get her up to HNM specs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does the friend's character have CoP finished?

If yes, I'd say take the friend's account no contest. Having the ability to two-box a BRD is fantastic, as others have pointed out.

If no, well, I guess its up to you if you feel like redoing all the missions. I for one wouldn't even think about it, but thats just me

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My friend's character is on 3-5 (he got fed up with the game at this point; he also has PLD at 72 and RDM in the 60s I think); I'm on 2-5.

Meriting dagger was one of the "pros" in my mind when I was thinking about it; hard enough getting THF-specific merits solo, imagine weapon and stuff

For now, I think I am going to level BRD on my character (gotta loot-whore for THF somehow amirite). I may reactivate my friend's account anyway just for the benefit of PLing and 2boxing and similar fun stuff. Thanks everyone for your input :D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Do it on your main character, that way you can share gear on other jobs you level and you don't have to pay for two accounts.

Also bard is kind of fun to xp, especially if you're the puller. I used to think bard was a bitch job but now I like it more than RDM and others

Dont make my mistake, having 2 chars and doing missions twice just freaking blows, especially when you have 2 75s in the same handle

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition
    My friend's character is on 3-5 (he got fed up with the game at this point; he also has PLD at 72 and RDM in the 60s I think); I'm on 2-5.

Meriting dagger was one of the "pros" in my mind when I was thinking about it; hard enough getting THF-specific merits solo, imagine weapon and stuff

For now, I think I am going to level BRD on my character (gotta loot-whore for THF somehow amirite). I may reactivate my friend's account anyway just for the benefit of PLing and 2boxing and similar fun stuff. Thanks everyone for your input :D
    Good luck coming THF to anything ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphet

I just completed my Gjallarhorn recently which makes me perma BRD for most events because the enhanced ballad is just too cheat. However I really enjoy my other jobs and have amazing WHM gear.

Solution:

Finish WHM merits on my level 75 WHM mule and give her all my non rare-ex gear. Play WHM on her and BRD on me! Luckily she already has things like Cleric's Pantaloons so it's minor to get her up to HNM specs.
    what does this have to do with OP?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I picked up a BRD account from a friend who quit a while back and being able to dualbox THF+BRD has been really awesome in a lot of circumstances. Even though I had never played BRD, it really wasn't to figure out how to swap in an instrument and sing a few songs. ;p I'd level it on the second account unless you are looking for a more desired job to get merit invites on.

Thank you for being a forum nazi!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphet

Solution:

It has to do with the pros of leveling BRD on the first character...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm a 75 thf and i've lvl'd bard on a second account to 69 so far. I wouldn't mind lvling it on my main char though, as my second char is only rank5 and i have NO intention to quest/mission him for any activity aside from skillups and NM duoing.

So i'll probably lvl brd over again on my main one day.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Could always get lucky like me and wind up having a mule account with Gjallarhorn and all missions done

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BRD on mule for reasons stated above.