+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite baddie     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Seymour is probably my fav. He gets really involved with the main characters from pretty early on in the game, and even though you know he's the bad guy the whole way through, when he's being "Good" you are just waiting for him to turn.
    As soon as I saw Seymour before the tournament I knew I wanted to beat his ass. But seeing him play the war of words so well throughout the game was pretty awesome.

EDIT: At the beginning of XII I thought Vayne was gonna be like this... too bad they never really developed him further.

Seymour and Kuja are vastly underrated compared to Sephy and Kefka in my opinion. Both are incredibly devious baddies that don't get the rep because less people played 9 and 10.

Gafgarion.

Unless you make it to the top you're just going to get used, so you're better off dead!
    What a badass.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

kefka, and kuja

also garland/chaos were pretty gewd

Kefka by far was the best villain I've seen in any FF game. Who else poisons a castle, almost kills of an entire race of espers, and countless other atrocities just for his own personal gain; then laughs about it?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Sephiroth/Jenova ftw

Hell yes to the zodiac monsters in FFT, all bad ass, man my first time thru that game, they were all so hard and would take me multiple tries to win, replayed it thru just recently and so easy XD Although Wiegrafs Zodiac always will require skill, and the 1 on 1 part of it.

Kuja was ok i guess, could have been better.
    Ultimecia....so retarded lol
    Seymour was a good villian, but i thought he was total douchebag.

Sephiroth takes the throne just cuz hes so fuckin cool in every aspect :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BarthelloSylph
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Seymour is probably my fav. He gets really involved with the main characters from pretty early on in the game, and even though you know he's the bad guy the whole way through, when he's being "Good" you are just waiting for him to turn.
    As soon as I saw Seymour before the tournament I knew I wanted to beat his ass. But seeing him play the war of words so well throughout the game was pretty awesome.

EDIT: At the beginning of XII I thought Vayne was gonna be like this... too bad they never really developed him further.

Seymour and Kuja are vastly underrated compared to Sephy and Kefka in my opinion. Both are incredibly devious baddies that don't get the rep because less people played 9 and 10.
    I agree with you on ther FF12 part. They constantly refer to Vayne throughout the story but there is very little of him actually "playing the part". Seymour was one of my favourites; followed by Sephiroth, Kefka and Kuja.

(also would have mentioned bad guy from FFT but I cant remember his name)

Marquis Elmdor.

He looks like a Sephiroth clone, has little time on "stage", does very little to actually further the game (much like those stupid twins), but he's just badass because that one single roof fight can take 20 tries, even if it's your 100th time through, all luck.

All time would probably be Kefka or Golbez (yes he counts, he's a bad guy for what, 98% of the game?).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Exdeath. He's a fucking tree.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Kuja.

Going with Kuja as well.

much love to 9.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Although not a 'major bad guy' I liked Rubicante from FF4. He was a 'noble' bad guy, healed you to full and always said 'fight to your best.' I dunno, I was always struck by his demeanor towards your party.

Second to that, I'm a big Kefka fan honestly, because of the exact opposite of Rubicante. He was stark raving mad but was strong enough to really do whatever he wanted to.

also, for best boss music: Dancing Mad > All

Kuja

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Mother fucking Vayne Solidor, mofo was a pimp, even though he died... he pretty much succeeded in everything he wanted to do except becoming the next Dynast-King.

When you look at FFXII from the perspective of a Greek Tragedy, it makes him seem like an ever better character.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    Marquis Elmdor.

He looks like a Sephiroth clone, has little time on "stage", does very little to actually further the game (much like those stupid twins), but he's just badass because that one single roof fight can take 20 tries, even if it's your 100th time through, all luck.
    Playing my second time through the game in years, and I just happen to be stuck on that fight right now. I don't even remember it my first time through, and this time I was laying waste to every battle without any semblance of resistance. But I get to this fight and I'm screwed.

Unblockable stop, stop, death is fun.

And that's if they decide to not just run forward and rape Rafa.

On a side note, if you notice the arc, the twin that throws Barinten has one hell of a throwing arm.

-----

And on to the topic at hand. I always liked Seifer. I'd mention Sephiroth if I wasn't too afraid of looking cliche.

Maldra

That fight is pretty easy...you only have to kill one of them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's easy if you understand Rafa's AI. If you put a chemist on the back part of the roof where your party starts, Rafa will run directly to it at the start of the fight, instead of running out to Celia and Lede.

Also, you don't even have to kill one of them. Critical HP is enough (they kneel when they are at critical).

If you're not extremely overleveled though, its going to take at least 4 attacks to take a single one of them down that low, and chances are they are going to act a LOT faster than you, unless you have a party of Ninjas.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maldra
    That fight is pretty easy...you only have to kill one of them.
    Didn't know that.

This just became a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Also, you don't even have to kill one of them. Critical HP is enough.

A party of Ninjas.
    Critical? Even easier.

And I do have a full party of ninjas(among other jobs), I just wasn't focusing all of my attacks on one person.

Rubicant

What other boss was such a bad ass to give you full life before the fight started?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Kefka. His laugh is insane enough to trump all aspects of the other baddies.

Though I'm going to have to go back and replay 9. I don't remember Kuja's entire storyline.

kuja storyline below, in tiny font, very compacted, might be missing details
    Brahne goes to war with other countries with black mage army, blms were created by kuja, they decide to fight kuja primarily to stop brahne, kuja kills brahne with her own summon which she extracted from garnet, so they go after kuja in revenge, revealed that he's from gaia(terra? I forget which is which), they go to kill him, learn of zidane's origin, kill the dude who made them, kill silver dragon, wound kuja, kuja goes trance, goes to destroy crystal to kill everything, they beat him, and fight necron, then general i'm-gonna-die-so-i'm-good-again dialogue between kuja and zidane, game ends