Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Subcraft at different HQ tier - HQ chance?

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else already:

consider a synth with 2 crafts, in which you cannot break tier2 on both, just on one, and tier1 on the second one: will the HQ rate be driven by the tier1 craft only or is it some kind of average of both?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

t1 synth

that's what I thought, then I really don't understand the hauby+1 market (at least on my server). 900k NQ (85% chance), 5M HQ (10% chance), 1.1M to make, 5% fail.

so price you get per synth (averaged) = 900k*0.85 + 5M*0.10 + 0*0.05 = 1.265M - 1.1M = 150k average benefit per synth once you remove AH tax... And I'm pretty sure it's going to go down some more (HQ looks like it's going down definitely).

there are just too many people undercutting each other in this market -.-

You don't consider an average of 150k/synth profit to be good in today's economy? You clearly have a distorted view of crafting in that case. I'll provide an example.

Elemental staves: Light bead goes for 250k, NQ staff is 50k, Hq staff is 1 mil(probably closer to 900k, but lets say 1 mil). 50k*0.70+1M*0.25+0*0.05 = 285k - 250k = 30k average benefit per synth before removing AH tax.

Heck, lets go for another example. Scorpian Harness: Claw is 620k, NQ is 550k, HQ is 1.3M. 550k*.7+1.3M*.25+0*.05 = 710k - 620k = 90k.

You are making more money per synth on a T1 than two other crafts make on arguably their most staple syntheses. I would kill for a synth that I could spam like haubys and make 150k/synth on. In todays economy, 150k is a very large sum of money. On average you make enough money to buy a scorpian harness every 4 synths. Some people have to farm for weeks to make what you can make in 10 minutes. I don't call that a bad market by any sense of the word.

Thing is, you can't really spam, or what happens is price decreases from 7M to 5M in 10 days just like it did on my server, keeping the d.ingot constant... also the number of hauby+1 is just getting higher and number of potential client decreasing at the same rate... crafters are bound to loose money soon unless they're VERY lucky.

sigh

and yeah I had a distorded view before I started punching the numbers again... and convincing myself crafting is just a hobby now ; ; (except for those who do tier0 HQ cursed items or must-have HQ 75 stuff like blessed and so on).

Crafting is far from dead... its just not as easy to make money as it once was. You need a keen eye for economics and a good amount of time to invest to make any money nowadays, which is the way it should be. A year ago, any player could pump 20 mil into a craft and get a return of 5-10x the investment in a matter of months. Now people like that are starting to be weeded out. The question is which side of the line will you be on. If you just throw up your hands in frustration and complain about the falling price of haubys, then assume that all crafters will be losing money shortly, I think its fairly obvious which side youll end up on.

P.S. If crafting its just a hobby, its a hobby that I made 3 million gil on this morning by doing nothing more than synthing every day items that will sell within days, if not hours. Not a single T0 synth was done.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Not to rain on your 150k/synth parade or anything, but synth recipes with 2 crafts required will break 10% of the time, not 5%. (2 day old topic yes, but I rarely pop into this forum )

hey, at least you guys have T0/T1 synths you can use to make money. Look at alchemy, and try finding one of those. Good luck.

And no I'm not whining, I'm pointing out its not as bad as it could be.

I'm aware of the 10% break rate. Was just keeping my calculations along the same lines as the OP so that the resulting values would be comparable. Yeah, we both should have broken 5% more, but the compared profit margins would be the same.