Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

question about dynamis bubu

ok, so my ls is planning a run at this on saturday, personally ive beaten it before, so i know the basic strat, but my ls wants to make sure we get the body slam dragon down, and every time ive gone in, AB is in front of where the body slam dragon is, so my question is, if he is there, im gonna have to kite him around while my ls kills the dragon, does his hate link with other dragons, i.e. angra maiyu and his dragons

any other tips you can give would be greatly appreciated

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

since AB moves along a path - wait til he's away from the body slam dragon then pull body slam dragon away from AB's path - then you don't have to kite him - though you could kite if you wanted, it shouldn't be too hard to do so.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yeah, he moves slow as fuck, so im not worried about kiting him, its just if his hate is linked, i dont want him mosying back to the others mid fight, and since this is our first serious attempt, time is an issue, so i dont want to waste any time waiting for anything

We just wait. You can wait for AB to get out of the way to pull Body Slam and still finish with plenty of time to clear/farm.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've done this dynamis countless times and actually never seen AB near the Body Slam dragon.. usually he would be somewhere inbetween mhaura and the heavy stomp dragon though..

Real simple strat is send 3 people to check the ???'s and have each one assigned a dragon.. Song rune -> Barong, Far North -> Tarasque, Lighthouse -> Aitvaras.. As soon as sub jobs are unlocked pull em back to the alli one at a time, just make sure to get buffs back up after Aitvaras, before pulling the heavy damage dragons. Then sac pull the whm NM back to alliance and you are ready to pull AB. I've never failed AB killing only these 4 NM's with as few as 20..

We've done bubu a number of times, and never had any kind of glacier-style hate link. Bubu would be much harder if that was the case. You can post someone to grab it if it wanders in, but I strongly doubt that you'll have to do that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

Your best bet is to wait till it moves.

One time my LS accidentally aggro'd AB so I decided to kite it around untill we were ready for it. He started going through his 2 hour cycle, and they were all really easy to avoid until Mijin Gakure took me down. =/
    The other problem is if you do kite him you're gonna have less fighting time till he gets to his more dangerous 2 hours. My LS only ever bothered with removing WHM 2 hour, so we needed all the time we could get before AF and Mijin Gakure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ya you dont want to aggro AB unless ready to fight him cause of the 2 start of his 2 hour cycle...

i think best bet if he is blocking your path is wait

We usually kill the thorn song dude, heavy stomp and body slam + whm nm at a minimum...although can probably skip WHM nm cause even with 22 people it doesnt live long enought o bene

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

wow, ok, scratch that idea then, lol, i didnt know he started his 2hr cycle right away, i thought he waited till you started damaging him

kk, thx peoples