Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level

Help me out, All Archaic Mirror Locations

Especially in Mamook. I've finally convinced a few friends to do a sweep of the NMs there.

I've heard that they weakened in HP/Def/Eva when more mirrors are down. Since "Devout" is on our list and he seems to be a bitch to kill, I'd like to know where all the mirrors are... I have a basic idea where some are, but only one or two and not their exact locations.

Here are the maps of Mamook:

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/mamook/general/

Can anyone lend me a hand by telling me the <pos> and the map?

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It does weaken the NMs. Me and 16 BST buddies (and 1 lolPUP) went into Mamook to sweep everything yesterday. We broke 6 mirrors and took down Radool Ja and Bugaal Ja. They said he was much easier this time.

Mirror locations I can recall off the top of my head:

(E-7) this one is by the Bugaal Ja. He will link with guardians. They all do.
    (I-7) By Radool.
    (F-7) In the small room by the Porrogos.
    (E-9)ish By Hapool Ja.
    (I-9) By Zizzy Zillah.
    (J-8 ) to (J-9) Not sure about this one. I know there is a mirror somewhere on top of the ledges.

Hope that helps.

Edit: No drop on either, of course. Stupid Beast Bazubands.

Banned.

BG Level

You rock! Alright... cool, and thanks for confirming it too.

If you guys want, you can also add locations for the other two zones. I think I will add these to the Wiki(unless someone beats me to it).

Banned.

BG Level

Quick note: How quickly do they respawn?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Archaic Mirrors? I have no idea.

All the other information I know of is that if you destroy an Archaic Mirror, its guards won't despawn even if they have no hate. I found this out when I soloed an Archaic Mirror in Halvung (using Bio II only since structures are immune to Poison, and Mirrors are highly magic resistant) then training the guards to the nearby zone.

That reminds me, Halvung mirror locations I can recall off the top of my head (from mining expeditions and exploring):

Map 1

(J-4) - East of the pitchfork in the road.
    (I-6) - North of a Dorworger the Astute. A Goblin Millionaire is by it.
    (K-8 ) - On the east side of this square.

Map 4

(H-8 ) - A RDM or BLM can solo this mirror. To reach it just take the exit from the Colibri/Wivre camp.

Those are the only Halvung ones I know of.

Edit: Stupid smilies.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Long ago I remember avatars can solo the mirrors then when they went down they wouldn't go after the SMN. But, from some later tests, I think SE fixed it so they will go after the SMN after the avatar went down...
    I believe everytime I did a BP if that generated hate on the SMN somehow...

Can anyone confirm this?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by KokoroNoKawari
    Long ago I remember avatars can solo the mirrors then when they went down they wouldn't go after the SMN. But, from some later tests, I think SE fixed it so they will go after the SMN after the avatar went down...
    I believe everytime I did a BP if that generated hate on the SMN somehow...

Can anyone confirm this?
    I used SMN to solo 1 in halvung. the gaurds didnt attack the avatar till it saw it and linked. the gaurds will go after the smn immediatly after the avatar dies. doing a BP didnt give me any hate tho.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what the fuck, people kill off archaic mirrors?

I always thought the purpose of the mirrors was to enable MPK via mirror guards.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Quick note: How quickly do they respawn?
    From a small run a few friends and I did just for shits and giggles, mamools were getting one new mirror every hour, starting when we claimed our first out of the 3 or so we ended up taking out. This was before the most recent besieged changes though, and of course nobody gives a shit about mirrors, so I have no idea if it's changed recently.

Banned.

BG Level

I was able to get all 8 locations of Mirrors... unless they changed.

I'm going to upload it onto the Wiki.

Also I noticed that the Wiki is wrong about Hundredfaced, unless I'm missing something. He uses Mijin Gakure constantly, not just at 10%, though it is weaker than what you expect from a NM's Mijin Gakure.

Another thing I would like to confirm: Anyone who has fought Devout... has he used Benediction more than once in 30 mins? It took us about 20ish minutes to kill him. The first 3 minutes, we took him down to 1% very quickly, then he used Bene, then it took awhile to kill him. He didn't use Bene again.

EDIT: Its been roughly... 3 hours since we started(killed our first mirror) and 1-2 hours since we stopped. And all four mirrors we took down are still down.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Devout Radool Ja only used Benediction once for us too, at very low percentage, probably 5-10. Then he didn't use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    Devout Radool Ja only used Benediction once for us too, at very low percentage, probably 5-10. Then he didn't use it again.
    Seconded, he used it at like 1-2% and then didn't use it again.