Hi BG, last summer i went /emo with FFXI and deleted my main character which had about 2 years of playtime on it. I have tried to restore my character via playonline web site's online web chat. I talked to the Custumer Rep and gave him all my character's info, he said to wait about a week or even two because they have a recent spike in character restores (or whatever). So I waited... By the way I had all my content ID's open, re-activated and empty with no new characters on them.

Four days passed and I got a message in my playonline saying that the restoration process was unsuccessful. They did not tell me an exact reason why, it was one of those generic messages where they gave around 10 examples why it could have gone wrong. Though they also said to try the restoration process again, and to try as many times as you wish.

Well I did... I think now I am on my 4th try, I still keep getting the same message in my POL inbox. I even tried talking to them on the phone, on the phone they asked for more information than the web chat people, like what race my character was and gender... But I still got that message. I deleted the character July of 2006 so a year hasn't passed not quite yet.. Is my character gone forever? Or should I keep trying to restore him?