Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat Filters     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Chat Filters

Is there a way to just see what a mob casts on a person inside your party/alliance, or their tp moves? I've been turning them on and off and I see random things like ppl curing other ppl but still cant see what mobs do onto other ppl. Special actions/effects started on/by foes just shows what a mob casts/tp moves on themselves. I tried turning on all the other special actions/effects but none show it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Keep all "Foes" filters off. Actions performed on Party/Alliance members off as well.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

That makes me see everything lol >< I just want to see tp moves/magic cast on party/alliance.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You turn on all the effects filters?

(sorry, at work, going by memory ><)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

OFF: Special actions started on/by foes
    OFF: Special action effects on/by foes

The two in bold will show you all TP moves used and spells cast by the mob regardless of who the target is (on itself/party/alliance).

Hope it helps!!

The settings I normally run with on BLM are as follows:

Set to OFF:

Special actions started on/by you
    Special action effects on/by you
    Special actions started on/by party
    Special actions started on/by allies
    Special actions started on/by foes
    Special action effects on/by foes

These let me see all spells and TP moves used by the mob, and also by the whole alliance.

Another thing too is if you are fighting in an alliance, you have to turn off a lot more to see Mob self-buff spells or TP moves when the last action against the target was done by a member of your ally outside of the PT. What is posted above me will work for any offensive move taken against any member of your alliance and any self-buffs when the last action taken by your alliance prior to it was by a member of your own PT.

Really if you just want to see things start to cast (an offensive spell) or ready (offensive) TP moves you only need to turn off Special actions started on/by yourself, party, alliance, and foes, which is what I do when I'm supposed to be stunning something (although I also typically leave everything in the 'yourself' section off as well). No matter what though you're gonna have to see people in your alliance readying weaponskills and casting spells as well, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You need effects started by foes..

And effects on party and allys......

Unfortunately the 2nd set of filters can lead to a shit load of spam....due to bard buffs etc.

You don't need those to see them start to cast or ready WS, only to see when/if it completes and (in the case of a debuff spell or ability) whom the target was.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

http://raiko.akubi.de/misc/filters.jpg
    Note: everything below the shown settings is set to "On"

I'm usually going with these settings when I'm on a support job or BLM.
    That way you see pretty much everything happening in your alliance.

Depending on the lag or if you want to reduce the messages you're getting, you can toggle the settings marked with red.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rai
    http://raiko.akubi.de/misc/filters.jpg
    Note: everything below the shown settings is set to "On"

I'm usually going with these settings when I'm on a support job or BLM.
    That way you see pretty much everything happening in your alliance.

Depending on the lag or if you want to reduce the messages you're getting, you can toggle the settings marked with red.
    This is the correct answer!

Banned.

BG Level

Also some (most?) TP moves (that) give status effects, dont show in the log -like ... >.< fuck, that wyvern move....Radiant Breath-

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Also some (most?) TP moves (that) give status effects, dont show in the log -like ... >.< fuck, that wyvern move....Radiant Breath-
    What you mean?

Radiant breath line only is for the target of ability (first person in log)
    Rest just show a damage number...so if you had ally stuff filtered , an ally was the target and the ability hit you you would just see a damage number..
    If your a mage you should know damn well Radiant Breath = slow and silence......and your melee shoudl be hasted anyway

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sidanoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    What you mean?

Radiant breath line only is for the target of ability (first person in log)
    Rest just show a damage number...so if you had ally stuff filtered , an ally was the target and the ability hit you you would just see a damage number..
    If your a mage you should know damn well Radiant Breath = slow and silence......and your melee shoudl be hasted anyway
    I keep damage on party/ally unfiltered; the damage number is an indicator that I need to use a status cure. Like Brain Crush from lizards. If you have a NIN tank with shadows up, they'll blink away Brain Crush and you don't need to do anything. If shadows are down and they get hit with it, they get Silenced. No point in using Silena every time if it gets blinked 90% of the time. Medusa Javelin from Aerns: Miss=yay, Hit=Stona. Spine Lash from Phuabo: Miss=nada, hit=viruna. etc. etc. None of these show "So-and-so receives the effect of Whateverstatusailment," just damage numbers.

But yeah... I was really pissed when they changed the filters so I have to see when people are doing shit to the mob if I want to see what the mob is doing to us. It used to be such a nice, quiet world when I could filter out party->mob spells.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Gotcha...

Jujubie

One thing that also helps me on my WHM is having a different color for detrimental effect, so if a party/alliance member is asleep or silenced it shows up in a different color so I don't miss it.

So it might help to change your text colors as well, so if you are getting things you don't want to see, you can ignore them and look for whatever color you set.