Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Personal beliefs and Laws.

This may be a question to any of the people on here who are predominantly right wing, and support their morals on the various things that create heated discussions all the time. Why is it if its anything that 95% of the right wing follows, where 95% of it comes from the bible, why are they so adamant about making it into laws, so the other 50% of the country has to believe what they believe, instead why can't they let people make their own choices and not have our government be doing it for us. I say this mainly because the left side isnt FORCING laws/bills into congress or supreme court so that everyone must follow it. The left side minds their own business, why cant the right do the same?

Since when do bible thumpers mind their own business? Didn't you know? The future is following 9999999999999 year-old laws apparently written by 'God' and given to some crazy jewish guy who was delirious with hunger and thirst in the middle of the desert! ^O^

ADULTS WITH IMAGINARY FRIENDS = ??????

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

If you honestly believe what you just typed, there is no hope for you. Just stop reading the thread because you are about as narrow-minded and naive as they come.

I guess i should edit this to suite needs.

It's quite difficult to get into an engaging debate with someone who is passionate to a point that they are dellusional and make wild claims. 99% of legislation passed has nothing to do with anything that happened in the bible or the beliefs shared in it. And if you are so naive to think that democrats and republicans alike do not vote to their personal beliefs (or whatever is more financially benefitting to them), prolly 99% of the time the latter, then i really don't know what to say. With that said, Most conservative voters are of some type of religous decent. That's no secret. If a conservative wants to keep his job, he's gonna sway his vote to reflect that. Has nothing to do with his personal beliefs, but the beliefs of the people who put him in office.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Both sides are pushing agendas and neither is really an agenda that follows what most of the country feels. People generally don't fall into the same category on every issue. I am conservative on some things and liberal on others. Thinking that one side is out to get us and the other is our friend is what causes most of the problems. It's that kind of narrowmindedness that tells people to sign the petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide without even thinking about it or trying to gather facts.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Personal beliefs and Laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    This may be a question to any of the people on here who are predominantly right wing, and support their morals on the various things that create heated discussions all the time. Why is it if its anything that 95% of the right wing follows, where 95% of it comes from the bible, why are they so adamant about making it into laws, so the other 50% of the country has to believe what they believe, instead why can't they let people make their own choices and not have our government be doing it for us. I say this mainly because the left side isnt FORCING laws/bills into congress or supreme court so that everyone must follow it. The left side minds their own business, why cant the right do the same?
    Are you fucking kidding me? You cannot be this daft.

1)There is no "forcing", what you see as forcing the other side see is passion. When you see as passion the other side see force.

2) the right wing(reeps in this case) have always been the let people make their own choice party. reeps, save this administration have always been about smaller govt.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Since when do bible thumpers mind their own business? Didn't you know? The future is following 9999999999999 year-old laws apparently written by 'God' and given to some crazy jewish guy who was delirious with hunger and thirst in the middle of the desert! ^O^

What's funny is all Jews ever want is to mind their own business. Shit like missionaries, crusades and general soul searching is are Christian concepts.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lauzian
    Both sides are pushing agendas and neither is really an agenda that follows what most of the country feels. People generally don't fall into the same category on every issue. I am conservative on some things and liberal on others. Thinking that one side is out to get us and the other is our friend is what causes most of the problems. It's that kind of narrowmindedness that tells people to sign the petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide without even thinking about it or trying to gather facts.
    Hey, that crap was said to cause cancer in rats. I signed it.

Banned.

BG Level

one day, with your help we'll put and end to women's suffrage

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    If you honestly believe what you just typed, there is no hope for you. Just stop reading the thread because you are about as narrow-minded and naive as they come.

I guess i should edit this to suite needs.

It's quite difficult to get into an engaging debate with someone who is passionate to a point that they are dellusional and make wild claims. 99% of legislation passed has nothing to do with anything that happened in the bible or the beliefs shared in it. And if you are so naive to think that democrats and republicans alike do not vote to their personal beliefs (or whatever is more financially benefitting to them), prolly 99% of the time the latter, then i really don't know what to say. With that said, Most conservative voters are of some type of religous decent. That's no secret. If a conservative wants to keep his job, he's gonna sway his vote to reflect that. Has nothing to do with his personal beliefs, but the beliefs of the people who put him in office.
    indeed, at the end of the day, nigga's got rent to pay

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by residue

What's funny is all Jews ever want is to mind their own business. Shit like missionaries, crusades and general soul searching is are Christian concepts.
    What's even funnier is that just because a person has a religion doesnt mean they are some type of wacko. It's been said before in other threads like the Holocaust one, you DONT lump people together in groups. Every single person in this world is not the same as the guy next to him just because they may believe in the same god. Christians blame Jews, Jews blame Christians, Muslims blame both of them, etc etc. Just shut up and believe what you want to and dont disrespect others because of their own belief structure.

Since when do bible thumpers mind their own business? Didn't you know? The future is following year-old laws apparently written by 'God' and given to some crazy jewish guy who was delirious with hunger and thirst in the middle of the desert! ^O^

How come a jewish dude got the rules but christian people follow 'em? I thought there was this ongoing feud between who was the "true religion" or whatever?

And lul @ person who posted after me, religion is serious business. Internet needs a 'lol i dnt kayr jst postin' for +1' button

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Since when do bible thumpers mind their own business? Didn't you know? The future is following year-old laws apparently written by 'God' and given to some crazy jewish guy who was delirious with hunger and thirst in the middle of the desert! ^O^

How come a jewish dude got the rules but christian people follow 'em? I thought there was this ongoing feud between who was the "true religion" or whatever?
    Your speaking of moses first off, so learn the names of the figures your talking about. Secondly most of the Old Testament laws are only followed by die hard people who dont realize most of it has no bearing on society today. Most are the same types of people that believe Jesus' torment, aka Passion of the Christ type deal, was the best lesson in the bible, and dont even bother with his teachings.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

1)There is no "forcing", what you see as forcing the other side see is passion. When you see as passion the other side see force.

2) the right wing(reeps in this case) have always been the let people make their own choice party. reeps, save this administration have always been about smaller govt.
    It might be because of where I live right now, but of all the people I know who are right and left winged, the right always talks about gay marriage should be banned, abortion needs to be outlawed, etc. The left isn't saying abortion must be legal, most of them care to leave the choice with the mother and/or father of said "fetus," not a law making the decision for them; and for gay marriage, look at how many states have outlawed it, its forcing every resident in that state who doesn't follow that "Christian" belief to follow there rules.

Banned.

BG Level

And lul @ person who posted after me, religion is serious business. Internet needs a 'lol i dnt kayr jst postin' for +1' button
    There's no debate, well not on our end. Jews don't go around saving souls or trying to change minds so we could give 2 fucks what others believe.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

I see most of the difficulties and breakdowns in party-to-party communication and cooperation stemming mainly from the fact that the two dominant political parties in America today are striving to be polar opposites. Both sides need to take a few steps toward the line instead of pounding out that same tired old bullshit party-line rhetoric. Also, to answer your question about conservatives, the republicans found a voting niche in Christian Conservatives. Thump your bible on the podium and in the pulpit and they will vote for you simply by virtue of that fact. The churchgoer will vote however his pastor tells him to, or he will vote for whichever candidate touts his Christian religion to the satisfaction of the church. The South used to vote Democrat to the point that serious Republicans didn't even make serious attempts at office down here. However this was upwards of 50 years ago. Lately folks like Dubbya and Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter have inserted themselves into the "Moral Majority" or the "Religous Right". Kuya posted a clip of Ann Coulter outright calling John Edwards, the strongest Democratic presidential candidate for nomination a faggot at some conservative convention, and then standing around soaking up the laughter and applause. I'm sure the Democrats villainize their opposition in some equal fashion behind closed doors as well. The parties strengthen themselves and keep votes by demonizing the other guy. For instance, Democrats are hippie drug-abusing sexually promiscuous homosexuals who want the government to tax the shit out of rich people and distribute that money to unworthy recipients, while conservatives are old rich white men who are pressing their perceived morality on the poor populus who pay all the taxes so the rich people don't have to. Both of these ideas are made of %50 horseshit, %49 truth, and %1 fail. Right-wingers thump that bible because it gets them votes, Left-wingers know it's pointless to try and fight on that battlefield. There is your answer.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

one day, with your help we'll put and end to women's suffrage
    We can only hope can't we?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

So great, you pick 2 peices of legislation out of thousands to prove your point. Like i said, quite narrow-minded. Not only 2 peices of legislation, but the two most controversial peices. You have theis naive thought that it's all about the politics. No, it's about the voters. Republicans cannot simply go against the popular belief of their voters, even if they believe otherwise. If they did, they'd be unemployed. So your anger is misdirected. You should simply be saying "You stupid conservatives voters blah blah blah", which then escalates into a "my belief is better than yours" argument.

Cue my avatar.

Banned.

BG Level

It might be because of where I live right now, but of all the people I know who are right and left winged, the right always talks about gay marriage should be banned, abortion needs to be outlawed, etc. The left isn't saying abortion must be legal, most of them care to leave the choice with the mother and/or father of said child, not a law making the decision for them, and for gay marriage, look at how many states have outlawed it, its forcing every resident in that state who doesn't follow that "Christian" belief to follow there rules.
    Actually "abortion MUST be legal" is exactly what they're saying.
    As for the argument against homosexual marriage, its goes far beyond the bible, they are various social and economic arguments to be had.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

This brings up a question i've posed before...

Would you fuck Anne Coulter?

I think i might...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast