+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For your viewing pleasure     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level

For your viewing pleasure

http://movies.eyebum.com/view.php?id=1255
    I sorta thought this was a weird movie, what are your thoughts bg?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's 1:24:00. Summarize it fag, you're not funny.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I watched this a month or so ago and I thought it was definitely interesting. A lot of head shaking moments in it, but at least people like that are the minority.

New Merits
    BG Level

Volken seriously watch it you'll like it

Ps: I'm only 50 minutes through it

A. Body
    BG Level

a video that long needs a teaser/trailer/summary review for most people to get into it

New Merits
    BG Level

It's about these very radical Christian Families who take their kids to a camp where they teach about god and deny everything about science

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

wow, HUGE difference between Evangelists and Christians...

the movie is about how fucked up evangelists are. it is quite amusing. watch it.

New Merits
    BG Level

they are a branch of the christian religion though, just very very very very radical, WATCH IT

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Anything to the extreme is bad, but this looks especially bad from the viewpoint of someone who believes non of it because essentially it's societal brainwashing. Although it's not really negative brainwashing, it's brainwashing nontheless and really is bad for the person...

A. Body
    BG Level

hah, technically everybody gets brainwashed until they are like 12

Donny: Walter are those the Natzi's?

Walter: No Donny, those are Nihilist's, you have nothing to be afraid of.

http://www.jimmiegilmore.com/images/biglebowski.jpgcouldn't find a pic of the euro techno group lol

You know, when you compare how these children are being raised to how a lot of kids these days are raised, id have to pick the ones raised by the semi insane Christians.

I mean, ya i have a lot of problems with the stuff they were doing in the video, but i feel like these kids also wont get messed up on drugs / alcohol / school shootings /underage sex / unwanted pregnancy; and in turn not put as much financial stress on an already over worked system.

If you compare this kind of conservative extremism to the other extreme, kids growing up without fathers, being involved in gangs ect. I'd pick the one that uses less of my tax money.

Like most things there is a happy medium, i just don't get why it seems Mormons, Christians + other religious groups get such crap from the media outlets like A&E when you can take a drive through LA and see that we as Americans have much much larger problems we should be focusing on.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've only watched the first 30 mins cause I have to go to bed quick, but, even though these families are brainwashed and these people are crazy, I gotta admit, they look pretty happy. Unless that changes later. I'll see tomorrow lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

"Had it been in the old testament, Harry Potter would have been put to death!"

good god, not harry potter! T_T

Black Belt
    BG Level

If you compare this kind of conservative extremism to the other extreme, kids growing up without fathers, being involved in gangs ect. I'd pick the one that uses less of my tax money.
    Wait, so the liberal extreme of how to raise kids is without fathers and encouraging crime? lol. I mean I get what you're trying to say, but don't try to act like extreme liberals would be any worse at raising kids. Hell, worst you'd probably see is some mild drug use and trespassing, but other than that you'd end up with really open-minded, intelligent, and compassionate kids. Besides, if the only good thing you can say about this sort of extreme evagelical parenting is that it's better than no parenting....

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by scrockstar
    You know, when you compare how these children are being raised to how a lot of kids these days are raised, id have to pick the ones raised by the semi insane Christians.

I mean, ya i have a lot of problems with the stuff they were doing in the video, but i feel like these kids also wont get messed up on drugs / alcohol / school shootings /underage sex / unwanted pregnancy; and in turn not put as much financial stress on an already over worked system.

Like most things there is a happy medium, i just don't get why it seems Mormons, Christians + other religious groups get such crap from the media outlets like A&E when you can take a drive through LA and see that we as Americans have much much larger problems we should be focusing on.
    Kids wont get messed a long as they stay under their rock. The moment they step in the real world they will get fucked up. Seeing a black man will blow their fucking mind!! Its like that episode of South Park where those homeschool kids went to public school and that girl into a whore or something.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    Quote Originally Posted by scrockstar

Kids wont get messed a long as they stay under their rock. The moment they step in the real world they will get fucked up. Seeing a black man will blow their fucking mind!! Its like that episode of South Park where those homeschool kids went to public school and that girl into a whore or something.
    bingo. the fact that the their only friends are the family members and their classmates all consider them insane is pretty telling. i pity them, living a life of ignorance and bigotry.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I love how they says "Did this planet come from an explosion or is it just a belief" LMFAO! ROFL!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lol @ that woman talking about their camp at the beginning at the movie

If the first thing you think about when you see israeli kids with machine guns is "why aren't our kids doing that", there is something wrong with you

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan
    lol @ that woman talking about their camp at the beginning at the movie

If the first thing you think about when you see israeli kids with machine guns is "why aren't our kids doing that", there is something wrong with you
    lol I remember that scene. But I think her focus was on committment, not machine guns ;p