Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Somewhat noob crafting question

So I started leveling goldsmithing in mind of reaching 100. When I got to around 60 I started having second thoughts of whether or not I actually wanted to take it all the way to 100. I've decided now that I'm going to take up something else and use goldsmithing as a sub. Currently I am level 60.1 in Goldsmithing, status Craftsman. Here is my problem. I upgraded my goldsmithing status to Craftsman, however I really wish I could take it back to Journeyman so I could be capped at 60. Is there any possible way to do this? Or if I become a Craftsman in another craft does my Craftsman status in Goldsmithing become Journeyman again? Realistically I don't see myself ever needing to craft something from level 61-70 in Goldsmithing and accidently leveling to 61, but it is still annoying knowing that is a possibility. Platinum Ingots (level 64 synth) still sell for a little profit but now I can't touch this craft in fear of deleveling another craft I have at 100 (once I get there). I'm guessing I am just SoL but I thought I would ask.

If you mean that you can't level something else past 60, you can. Like, say you were to level GS to 64 for the profit synth, then you have enough gil to get to 100 in another craft, you can level that craft care-free until level 96, where each skill up would decrease your GS skill the same amount it went up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I had to do this when bonecraft got over 90 (I had wood and cooking in the lower 60's). I think that you talk to the rank up person for the guild you want to lock at 60.

Personally, I'ld leave a craft that's already over 60 where it's at until you're at the point where it's gonna start deleveling naturually, then lock it back at 60.

Esp for gold, there are some somewhat odd crafts that have goldsmith sub crafts _just_ high enough so you can't get the next HQ tier locked at 60.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Well my main concern would be for example leveling Clothcraft to 100. Then accidently deleveling it to 99 because I ding goldsmithing 61. I'd like to just derank and cap myself in GS to prevent that from happening.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah you can renounce craftsman status and go back to journeyman status on any craft. I think it's done by talking to the rank up person in the guild you want to recap at 60 if you've got 2 or more crafts in craftsman status.

It might be the guild master that recaps, I'm not 100% sure it's been a very long time since I did it.

Talk to the guild master for the craft you want to keep, to recap all other crafts to 60. Note that he won't give you this option until you are craftsman or above.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Talk to the guild master for the craft you want to keep, to recap all other crafts to 60.
    Stop that! Just stop that! ...please. ; ;

are you from diabolos or something?

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

are you from diabolos or something?
    No, but I remember him from here and from LJ circles.

Glancing at his LJ, I see he's still doing it:

You see in these couple of pictures the fishbots, with obvious names, no armors, and /anonimous status...
    Ok, so a couple updates after logging on:
    I finished the ToAU missions again right away, ended up with two new titles in the process. Lots of long CSs and 2 fights. One is a BCNM and one is a weird assault-style mission against an alliance of like 10 strong lamias.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was going to re-get Aurik, then I saw the whoosh train at station 7&3/4.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

*bump*

OK so I decided to go with Clothcraft. I reached Craftsman status tonight, however I talked to everyone in the clothcraft guild and no one would cap my goldsmithing at 60. Any idea how I do this?

Here is SS
    http://www.pbase.com/keltiks/image/7...4/original.jpg

It must be your highest craft for the option to be offered, I think. Try again in 3 levels.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It must be your highest craft for the option to be offered, I think. Try again in 3 levels.
    Well, that definitely isn't true. When I decided to delevel my cooking and do gold my cooking was level 96 so gold wasn't my highest craft. When I did the craftsman test he warned me, like all guild masters do about focusing on one craft, etc but didn't give me the option to cap any other crafts. When I took the test to pass 70 though, I got the cutscene about revoking my status in the cooking guild and capping the craft at 60. It was kind of sad to see my cooking delevel .1 skill at a time as my gold skill went up so I went ahead and capped it at that time, no idea if he would have given me the option at a later time, though you would think he would.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Keltiks
    *bump*

OK so I decided to go with Clothcraft. I reached Craftsman status tonight, however I talked to everyone in the clothcraft guild and no one would cap my goldsmithing at 60. Any idea how I do this?

Here is SS
    http://www.pbase.com/keltiks/image/7...4/original.jpg
    That character profile saddens me. Poor little foxfire doesn't even have 1 experience point. All he's known his entire life is how metals melt with a fire crystal, or metals bond with an earth crystal- and now you're going to give his poor melted fingers cramps by having him weave threads. Poor little level 0 fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Theraven
    Well, that definitely isn't true. When I decided to delevel my cooking and do gold my cooking was level 96 so gold wasn't my highest craft. When I did the craftsman test he warned me, like all guild masters do about focusing on one craft, etc but didn't give me the option to cap any other crafts. When I took the test to pass 70 though, I got the cutscene about revoking my status in the cooking guild and capping the craft at 60. It was kind of sad to see my cooking delevel .1 skill at a time as my gold skill went up so I went ahead and capped it at that time, no idea if he would have given me the option at a later time, though you would think he would.
    Maybe it needs to be 60+ then? I know I get the option on my bonecrafter every time, as I'm cleared to 80 with my leather.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Theraven
    Maybe it needs to be 60+ then? I know I get the option on my bonecrafter every time, as I'm cleared to 80 with my leather.
    Aurik wins. Got cutscene when I hit 60. Thanks for the input everyone.