Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

When will SE shut the servers down?

Now I know the issue of exactly how long FFXI has left before SE decides its not profitable enough to keep servers up is not a new one. Now everyone who has played this game for more than 2 years knows that FFXI has peaked and the numbers are only going to fall further. I saw in another thread someone say that there are around 800,000 active characters including mules etc. and roughly 500,000 different accounts (I may be wrong thats just some numbers that stuck with me for whatever reason).

All that aside you can tell just from doing "/sea all" that there is nothing like the numbers we used to see during peak NA times. I wouldn't go as far to say that we have lost 50% of the player base since the highest number of subscriptions, but it can't be too far from that number.

How long before SE shuts down FFXI, where is the cutoff line in terms of active accounts. If numbers continue to drop do you think SE would condense the servers or just stop everything.

Obviously none of us know for sure but I'm sure people have formed their own opinions and I would like to know if you are all as skeptical as me. :D

Edit: Apologies if another thread similar to this has been made but I seem to fail at using search.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

When FFXI no longer makes them money. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: When will SE shut the servers down?

Quote Originally Posted by Trime
    Now I know the issue of exactly how long FFXI has left before SE decides its not profitable enough to keep servers up is not a new one. Now everyone who has played this game for more than 2 years knows that FFXI has peaked and the numbers are only going to fall further. I saw in another thread someone say that there are around 800,000 active characters including mules etc. and roughly 500,000 different accounts (I may be wrong thats just some numbers that stuck with me for whatever reason).

All that aside you can tell just from doing "/sea all" that there is nothing like the numbers we used to see during peak NA times. I wouldn't go as far to say that we have lost 50% of the player base since the highest number of subscriptions, but it can't be too far from that number.

How long before SE shuts down FFXI, where is the cutoff line in terms of active accounts. If numbers continue to drop do you think SE would condense the servers or just stop everything.

Obviously none of us know for sure but I'm sure people have formed their own opinions and I would like to know if you are all as skeptical as me. :D

Edit: Apologies if another thread similar to this has been made but I seem to fail at using search.
    DAoC still runs and it barely pulls 8k a night in the US/Euro.