Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ranged Attack Distance Questions and Other Ranger Questions

First real post from me!

Anyway onto more pressing measures. What is the best distance (Yes I do use Distance plugin), to be using ranged attacks at? Asking as I heard that there was an optimum distance created in an update a year ago, which as never really using ranged attacks during battles, I have no clue over.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Also what am I best sticking with up to 37, in regards to mixture of food, and Subjobs?

For bow I've always used between 9.4 - 10.3 but usually closer to 10.3 and around 9.3 for xbow. But now since they've "un-nerfed" Rng a bit most of are meleeing as well so the distance thing is kind of out the window.

Food @ 37 I was using sushi and most likely you're going to be pulling for a long time until you start getting bards in your party so I would sub /nin. Later on you can go /war without worrying about shadows so much.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thank you, at the moment I'm only 13, soloing at the moment, until I get some proper Range Acc+ gear (around 15-16) and then going to focus on skilling up Marksmanship and Archery. Starting to party in Korr(tab) Going to go /war with Pea Soup till 24 when a few more options open up.

How about specific equipment? 0/4 on Leaping Lizzy so quite making up for going 1/1 on VE. Any other must have gear. Power Bow+1 looks good for some time as does the Beetle Rings+1

When does Sushi become viable food due to the Acc% up as well?

Try and always get the +1 version of whatever the recent level bow/xbow you're using as well as your Racc Rings. There isn't too much gear for Rngs at low leves(much like many jobs) but I would recommend still trying to get Leaping/bounding boots, and you'll most likely get the Noct+1 gear when you get to 30. Hawkers/Archers knives when you're 28-30. You could try and get an emp. hairpin for when you hit 24. When you hit 14 you'll be able to wear your Ranger's Necklace if you still have it. That's fine for the time being but you'll most likely want to get a PCC or something else down the road. Merc. Capt. Belt @ 30 is nice and you'll probably rock that for a bit as well. For the back slot I used a Traveler's Mantle early on and went to Nomads+1 at lvl 24. For your body, hands, and legs, like I said you'll probably end up/should probably end up using Noct +1. Rings like I mentioned already, just keep up to date with your level with whatever +1 Racc rings you can get.

You won't see the benefits of the +% of sushi till later on(I thought you were higher then 13).

SOrry if it's all jumbled into one paragraph >< but I hope it helps ya.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

No thats cool, thanks for the Info!

I already have Emp Pin 1/1 on VE, although I think LL isn't liking me going 0/4 on her. May just try and borrow Leaping Boots from someone in my LS as hes currently got my Monster Signa!!!

Gutted about my Pub Sub isn't going to get any use!!!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3752

Assuming you can find some or have it crafted, Flounder Meuniere gives a fixed +15racc plus a few ranged attack. It's probably your best option, and cheaper than sushi if you have it crafted.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Fortunately There are a Few ~100 food chefs in my LS so Worked out its about ~1200 depending on the price of Sole. So I'm going to try and do that till 28 when I can get some serious Ran Acc in the Weapon Slot.

I know it got briefly covered but does distance have any effort on Accuracy and distance on Ranged?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Lv.51+ use staves, they are teh pwn.
    In all seriousness though, staves are really good if you have the accuracy to back it up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just as Vertabreaker suggested, the distance un-nerf makes it so range doesn't matter quite as much. Still, 10.0 is the range of *most* mob AOE so if you wish to avoid it I'd suggest sitting outside that range.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3752

Assuming you can find some or have it crafted, Flounder Meuniere gives a fixed +15racc plus a few ranged attack. It's probably your best option, and cheaper than sushi if you have it crafted.
    I used Ikra Gunkan when I got my RNG to 37. In my opinion it worked really well and was actually an overkill on R.Acc once I got the archer's knives. However, Fluid posted a real good food as well I somehow didn't see when I was leveling.