+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

Stupid ass question about college acceptance'y stuff

Ok, let me preface this by saying that I am one lazy son of a bitch. With this in mind, it should be no surprise that in the April of my senior year, senioritis has set in, big time. Now I've been accepted to various schools and decided upon Bloomsburg; recently, they sent me a big ass informational packet and included therein was a little slip of paper that basically said "Fuck you bitch! We need your final grades, so if you slack, we're gonna cut your ass loose". My question is, is this simply a scare tactic, or do I actually have to stop being lazy for the remainder of my high school career? Thanks in advance ^~^

not a scare tactic

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

^ Yar, official transcript, kthx. Do you have crappy grades? Just think about it this way: "There's someone worse than me out there." ;x

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

How are your current grades going to affect your cumulative GPA? I think most schools accept people according to that number.

The biggest factor to college acceptance these days is your financial status.

If you can afford it they will usually let you in.

New Merits
    BG Level

I've been pulling like a B+ average this year, but it might be down to a C+ now; I take pretty much all AP and honors classes, and did pretty well on my SATs, so I'm thinking I'm gonna be all right. I dunno, I just got the jitters (god damn that word sucks ) about it for some reason D:.

If I had to do it all over again I would of dropped out of high school the moment I could of..

Those last 2 years of high school you could of been going to a cheap as hell community college getting your basics out of the way and it is easy to get straight As in those type of schools.

If you don't get in the college you want.. who cares? Just take some credits in a easy as hell school and transfer there later when you have a better GPA. You'll save money in the long run

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    If I had to do it all over again I would of dropped out of high school the moment I could of..

Those last 2 years of high school you could of been going to a cheap as hell community college getting your basics out of the way and it is easy to get straight As in those type of schools.

If you don't get in the college you want.. who cares? Just take some credits in a easy as hell school and transfer there later when you have a better GPA. You'll save money in the long run
    I see ;3, I'll take that into consideration, thanks man.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I had to go through this sort of thing recently. Its not a scare tactic, but usually the schools give you some slack in terms of letting your grades fall. As long as you keep your grades above 70% your pretty much guaranteed to stay in any school you applied to.(although you probly need much higher to get in)

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Like the dude above said; if you aren't accepted to the schools you want, you can raise your GPA for another shot. Additionally, get into the whole community work type thing, that helps a lot.

Here in Los Angeles if: you are poor ass, have good GPA (3.5+ easy shit), community work, and a minority = Can almost attend SC ;x everything paid (cept summer) ^.~

New Merits
    BG Level

Ok, thanks everyone . I got a 1400 on the SATs and have over 200 hours of community service, so I can't imagine they'd drop me. J00 have reassured me BG <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zylo
    have over 200 hours of community service
    Wait, 200 hours of community service AND FFXI? Unless they are one and the same, I don't see how that's possible.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just finish up school the way you need to. It would be a waste of the previous 4 years to trash it in the last couple months. Two months here could save you the pain in the ass of repeating the process 2 years down the line in the transfer from community college route.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My brother was accepted into CalPoly like halfway through his senior year based pretty much on his test scores and past grades. He started slacking hardcore because he knew he was getting in. Not sure how they caught wind, but CalPoly sent him a letter saying basically "bring your grades back up or else you're not getting in here."

You're fine. If you get a 1400 on the SATs I cannot see how you could possibly mess high school up enough to piss off your colleges.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

This mainly is used as a scare tactic but sometimes they do follow through. But it seems like the rest of your app is good so like everyone else I doubt they would do anything.

Don't listen to people saying drop out of high school... thats some of the worst advice that could be given. If you want to drop out, attend an easy CC to get easy grades, then congratulations on limiting yourself. High school is not that hard.. seriously. I can't imagine anyone looking at a resume and think "Oh he dropped out of high school.... but he got a 4.0 at POS Community College. That's better than finishing high school!"

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ok, thanks everyone . I got a 1400 on the SATs and have over 200 hours of community service, so I can't imagine they'd drop me. J00 have reassured me BG <3
    No offense to anyone who went or goes to Bloom on theese forums....I used to attend Bloom, have a 1270 on my SAT's, my two best friends still attend and while the school is a fun time, the education and faculty there suck BIG ASS. Seriously Zylo if your credentials are as yuou say I would reconsider so you dont end up feeling like you wasted time. I promise you though you will prolly have a blast cause the parties there are awsomeness. Not really the best reason to pick a school and faculty is different in each department so your major will have an affect on that as well.

It's a scare tactic. Obviously don't let your grades go to complete shit, but as long as all your grades are at least a C you'll be fine.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeveh
    No offense to anyone who went or goes to Bloom on theese forums....I used to attend Bloom, have a 1270 on my SAT's, my two best friends still attend and while the school is a fun time, the education and faculty there suck BIG ASS. Seriously Zylo if your credentials are as yuou say I would reconsider so you dont end up feeling like you wasted time. I promise you though you will prolly have a blast cause the parties there are awsomeness. Not really the best reason to pick a school and faculty is different in each department so your major will have an affect on that as well.
    I see, thanks for the heads up man.

Demosthenes11

I assume the 1400 is out of 1600...but for some reason SATs here are out of 2400 o.O.

I've been curious about that, why is it different in some areas?
    here it is:
    800 reading
    800 writing
    800 math

i assume for a 1600 point scale its
    ?