+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Lunar I&II were decent (noticed they werent listed)

ogre battle is addicting.

legend of gaia for SNES, earthbound (SNES), CC and CT (CT was kinda bad though... cc set the standard high).

super mario RPG still remains my favorite game. ever. was the first rpg i ever played and it got me hooked.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

GL finding a copy of Lunar 1 or Lunar 2 lol, Working Designs is out of business.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Janeru
    Lunar I&II were decent (noticed they werent listed)

ogre battle is addicting.

legend of gaia for SNES, earthbound (SNES), CC and CT (CT was kinda bad though... cc set the standard high).

super mario RPG still remains my favorite game. ever. was the first rpg i ever played and it got me hooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig
    I already have all RPG Roms, including lolgenesis ones.

Series I've played through to date:
    FF1-12 (Yes even JP3, /suck)
    Suikoden 1-5
    Star Ocean 1-3
    Disgaea 1 & 2
    Seiken Densetsu/Mana series ALL
    Grandia 1,2,3, & Xtreme
    Dragon Quest 1-8
    Tales of Destiny, Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Legendia, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of your Moms adventure in roofie land
    Dark Cloud 1 & 2
    Wild Arms 1-4 & Alter Code: F
    Breath Of Fire 1-4 (5; told Gamestop it was broken for my monies back)
    Romancing Saga 1-3
    Saga Frontier 1-2
    Unlimited Saga
    Romancing Saga
    Lunar series: ALL
    Arc the Lad: ALL
    Xenogears
    Xenosaga 1-3
    Parasite Eve 1 & 2 (Badass games, regardless of your "zomgFPS" opinion)
    Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2
    Kingdom Hearts 1 &2

So basically, I've just played too many fuckin RPGs, thus explaining my situation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

one game I would recomend that I dont see on that list is Okami. Although its fairly different from the ones you have listed I still think it is one of Ps2's best games available and would consider it the Ps2's zelda.

skies of arcadia is amazing if you got a dreamcast

New Merits
    BG Level

Parasite Eve 1 & 2 (Badass games, regardless of your "zomgFPS" opinion)
    QFT

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

; ; Skies of Arcadia 2nd Disc was what my Dreamcast blew up on...

But its okay, I got it on Gamecube....

And about Lunar... I believe you can get the Silver Story on a port for GBA.

I enjoyed the Blue Story (I forget the exact name, the one with the obnoxious blue haired dude who randomly wore a mask sometimes) the most.

Lol @ The RPG Maker comment.... Gobbies Adventure anyone?

I played Summoner 1 (And by play, I mean watch the fucking shitty 3 minute load screens while zoning)....no desire to play 2.

I really don't enjoy the .Hack series since I've played a real online game...and Rogue Galaxy owns the shit out of it when it comes to Hack n Slash battle system.

Radiata Stories was enjoyable, but man the time limit to recruit the uber chars really sucked (Eowen was that pimped Knight, yeah?).... I had to start over at the 40ish hour mark because I missed an event to recruit her .

I've played AI 1 & 2, 2 lacked Nostalgia factor of 1, but was more gameplay oriented.

And as for the DDS Saga, I really want to play them... I love the shit out of Nocturne, its one of my Top 10 RPGs after playing it.... But DDS are far and few between.... btw, I picked up Nocturne at Gamestop for 44, but I can sell it online for 60-80$ fairly easy.... Gamestop r dumbz.

Legend of Gaia= Illusion of Gaia? If so, yeah, pretty kickass game... that big ass talking head thing kept making me play as the Tall, Retardedly slow guy though...

Earthbound was relatively boring to me for some reason.

As for CT & CC, sorry I didn't list them, I've played both.... I still need to replay CC to get the good Melodic Element ending thing.

The Ogre series for me has Gaps, I've played Tactics ogre and the N64 one, but Im not sure which is which due to memory.

I'll try out Okami (By try I mean steal from Blockbuster and burn)

MAH.... finally, I think I've covered it all...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Keep em coming if you feel the need!

since i keep reading about mario RPG, ill have to throw in the paper mario series, since they are kinda "sequels" to the original, but with a different name

still pretty fun, being mario games, very interresting battle system

oh and on SNES brain lord > brandish

stuff i've played
    oh my god chrono trigger where?!

chrono cross isn't bad, either. also you owe it to yourself to play final fantasy tactics. vagrant story is also good. secret of evermore wasn't bad. ummmm lemme think...

(baldur's gate 2 owns for PC btw)

oh yeah, front mission 3!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

am i the only one that enjoyed thousand arms? >.>

rhapsody was fun too <.<

edit: threads of fate too >.>

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm an rpg fan, from what i have play i can give small list of what i like:

Xenogears
    Xenosaga 1(2nd was ubber crap)
    Gundam Ms Saga: New Dawn(really good if u like the series)
    Brave Fencer Musashi(ps1)
    Digital Devil Saga(still need to play the devil summoner game)
    Skies of Arcadia
    Mystical Ninja Goemon(Snes and the one from N64)
    chrono trigger and cross
    Shadow hearts 1(Havent play 2nd)
    Dot hack series
    Dark Cloud
    Grandia 2(Heard 1 was good,Xtreme was crap)
    Saga Frontier(ps1)
    Jade Empire(xbox)
    Star Wars KOTOR 1&2(xbox)

From the small list ive made i really suggest Gundam Ms saga, theres a shitton of gundams here from 0080 series to G-Gungam.Saga Frontier is one of the best rpg ive ever play good story and gameplay was great.

P.S: Forgot to add Jade Empire and Star Wars KOTOR 1&2

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akanei
    Play Hoshigami and Tactics Ogre. Both are very good games, imo.
    I have Hoshigami but I lost interest after finding out that there is no way to resurrect your people if they die.... then they have to start over at level one (holy fucking shit bat man).

Oh, and Legends of Legaia (the first one) pwns fucking hard core. The second one, Legaia: Duel Saga is really..... ugh......disappointing?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Threads of Fate. It's one of the most underrated RPGs of all time in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keitaro
    Threads of Fate. It's one of the most underrated RPGs of all time in my opinion.
    Yes, someone else gets it. Threads of Fate was such a charming game with a good story and good characters. Nice gameplay and kept your quite busy for a good amount of time.

Funny that it is so underrated though, seeing as it is a SquareSoft game (least I think it was).

Just about everything decent I can think of has already been mentioned for the most part.(Xenos, Manas, Suikodens, Chronos, etc, etc) Only a couple i didnt see there

Rudora no Hihou: a not so well known good RPG for SFC/SNES. FF like battles, multiple start to finish stories straring different main characters, and a create-your-own-spells style ability system.

Dark Sun: old VGA graphics RPG series for PC. The first one was pretty good. Semi-strategic battles with normal RPG style exploration/interaction. Very non-linear, with many ways to progress through the story.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Just get Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, you'll be playing for a long time. (You said consoles, assuming you have an Xbox 360 or a Ps3) D:<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

DO NOT EVER PLAY "Beyond the beyond"

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4194/crapke9.jpg

Banned.

BG Level

As for CT & CC, sorry I didn't list them, I've played both....
    Chrono Trigger...seriously, how could you forget to list that?

I don't know if I can accept that apology...

Except, oh wait, the rest of your list.

Good man.

I'm impressed.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I seriously have too many fucking games to list.

And I do have Rudra no Hihou or whatever on Rom, I think I beat it lol...wasn't that the one from Squaresoft where you just spell out a random ass combo of letters and it makes a spell? gogo Penis+ naga= Cure V
    The graphics in that game were amazingly similar to FF6 (Best FF IMO)

And LOL I have Beyond the Beyond, Gamestop offered me a quarter for it (they were overbidding).
    Is it just me, or did peoples heads' in Beyond the Beyond blow up and deflate over and over like a retarded balloon?

I think the reason I have so many RPGs is due to the fact that the only other genre I play is Street Fighter-esque fighters (4-5 layers of old skin on each thumb).
    You can wait no more than a month for most RPGs prices to half after original send out, with the exception of rarities (Disgaea, SMT, etc) and big labels like FF.

Thousand Arms fucking sucked without weed, what a horribly made game...I do NOT want to go on virtual dates, I can act like someone I'm not IRL easier kthx.

Rhapsody was kind of childish.

Dark Cloud series was fun, 1 was amazingly innovative, and 2 was unexpectedly way better.

Grandia 2 was the last Grandia I played, still liked 1 better, it was kind of hard. (Grandia 2s' only hard part was Melfice or w/e)

I don't own an Xbox lol....I don't see the point, I have a PC. I am probably going to invest in a Xbox360, for the simple fact that Bill fucking Gates is finally realizing what a money pool RPGs are (Sup Blue Dragon).

I rented Threads of Fate and attempted to burn it, but fucking Blockbuster had a scratched up disc.

Hoshigami was good, kinda hard (They kept the JP difficulty on lolz, forgot to switch it to the "retardz amurican" level)...but if you really had problems, you coulda just gotten the 7-Star Sword and broken the game.

I don't even remember which one Tactics Ogre was, my mind is associating a lot of frigin undead with it, and that's all.

Oblivion.... I own it, but:
    A. Morrowind is still better bcuz its moar hueg, god knows how
    B. The mod community isn't on the Morrowind level yet, when it is, Ill look into it.

Lmfao I keep seeing that picture of Beyond the Beyond and remembering the horrible gameplay. You get the first GOOD character (The big green armored dude in the pic), and like 3 fights later, he loses all his fucking power and turns retarded like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldra
    Legend of the Dragoon and Chrono Cross for sure.
    Def one of the better RPGs out there.