BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

For the "FFXI: Square-Enix Direct Discussion" sect

I've looked over the current discussion points, and don't see this mentioned anywhere, so perhaps this needs to be added. Feel free to move this to an appropriate section if this is the incorrect forum.

Recent changes to many of the RMT-camped NMs and the movement of their drops to KSNM/BCNM alongside replacement with r/e equivalents was brilliant. However there was a severe oversight: leaving money drops on those NMs. The NMs that still drop valuable items such as d.ingot are just as heavily (if not more so since RMT have had the list of gil-making NMs reduced) camped now as they were before the adjustments were made. This basically once again puts the r/e gear from those mobs out of reach for non-RMT players. I believe that the majority of the FFXI community would like to see all valuable drops removed from those NMs so players can have a chance at claiming and possibly receiving the gear those NMs drop. If these changes aren't made, the overwhelming majority of people who will have the r/e items will be continue to be RMT, which doesn't do anybody any good.

Like what NMs? At work at the moment, can't really check (damn webfilters >.< ) but last I checked a lot of the mobs they changed didn't do anything like that, except maybe KA.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The big bird outside jeuno, serket, king crab, they all drop mat.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Serket still drops claw, K.arthro still drops d.cloth, Simurgh still drops d.ingot. I think that's about it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To be fair, Serket wasn't really changed at all, the ring was just added to Operation Desert Swarm as an additional way of obtaining it.

Roc still drops D.ingot too I think

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: For the "FFXI: Square-Enix Direct Discussion"

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    I've looked over the current discussion points, and don't see this mentioned anywhere, so perhaps this needs to be added. Feel free to move this to an appropriate section if this is the incorrect forum.

Recent changes to many of the RMT-camped NMs and the movement of their drops to KSNM/BCNM alongside replacement with r/e equivalents was brilliant. However there was a severe oversight: leaving money drops on those NMs. The NMs that still drop valuable items such as d.ingot are just as heavily (if not more so since RMT have had the list of gil-making NMs reduced) camped now as they were before the adjustments were made. This basically once again puts the r/e gear from those mobs out of reach for non-RMT players. I believe that the majority of the FFXI community would like to see all valuable drops removed from those NMs so players can have a chance at claiming and possibly receiving the gear those NMs drop. If these changes aren't made, the overwhelming majority of people who will have the r/e items will be continue to be RMT, which doesn't do anybody any good.
    am i correct in thinking you have only one job leveled to 75

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco

No people just want the speed belt

The Big Bomb "fix" made the gilseller situation there a lot worse than it was before, and I don't know how they couldn't see that result coming.

Now, instead of gilsellers being there most of the time or even just often, they're there all of the time. Since this update I have yet to search Halvung without there being over 4 gilsellers there (often times there's over 10), and I search that zone around 3-4 times a day. SE made the NM perfect for them; they sit there and only have to worry about claiming a whopping two different bombs that drop the item... It's completely in favor of the gilseller strategy of 'throwing large numbers of people at something' to be efficient, and encourages botting.

If they really wanted to make it harder to monopolize they would have more than just those two bombs that spawn in the exact same place drop the pop item. But, this change just made it worse. I don't know what they were thinking.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    The Big Bomb "fix" made the gilseller situation there a lot worse than it was before, and I don't know how they couldn't see that result coming.

Now, instead of gilsellers being there most of the time or even just often, they're there all of the time. Since this update I have yet to search Halvung without there being over 4 gilsellers there (often times there's over 10), and I search that zone around 3-4 times a day. SE made the NM perfect for them; they sit there and only have to worry about claiming a whopping two different bombs that drop the item... It's completely in favor of the gilseller strategy of 'throwing large numbers of people at something' to be efficient, and encourages botting.

If they really wanted to make it harder to monopolize they would have more than just those two bombs that spawn in the exact same place drop the pop item. But, this change just made it worse. I don't know what they were thinking.
    Strong Point! SE created and Idea and said: One size should fit all situations...They failed.

Isn't there like, a sticky for posting suggestions?

Yeah, I thought so.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Taj, it's been temporarily locked.

Okay then..

temporarily locking this thread untill I can get everything setup and reposted to the forum for it. Sorry if you have something to post but it will need to wait. Please dont just PM it to me, Im trying to keep things organized. Im on vacation at the moment but I should be able to get some time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Taj
    Okay then..

temporarily locking this thread untill I can get everything setup and reposted to the forum for it. Sorry if you have something to post but it will need to wait. Please dont just PM it to me, Im trying to keep things organized. Im on vacation at the moment but I should be able to get some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    VIII. Backseat Modding
    Moderators will move/lock topics as they deem necessary. People who post a response indicating that a topic should be in a different section will be banned.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Spiel Mit'mir
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Okay then..

VIII. Backseat Modding
    Moderators will move/lock topics as they deem necessary. People who post a response indicating that a topic should be in a different section will be banned.
    Nazi?

Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Okay then..

VIII. Backseat Modding
    Too bad I'm not suggesting that the topic should be in a different place, or that it should be locked. I'm saying the OP is a retard. Good job, and try again.

Regardless of any backseat whatever, the Direct Discussion needs some restructuring due to a lot of concerns being addressed in recent updates. Perhaps this thread is a sign it should be reopened and worked on. With the recent FFXI Summit it would be nice to take advantage of SE's supposed offer to listen to the playerbase and get some BG opinions/ideas to them.

I assume Sonomaa's been pretty busy so I'll see if I can't offer to fix it up and open something back up to the public.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Isn't there like, a sticky for posting suggestions?

Yeah, I thought so.

Too bad I'm not suggesting that the topic should be in a different place, or that it should be locked. I'm saying the OP is a retard. Good job, and try again.
    The sticky is located where? In another section.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Most people don't realize that there's actually 3 bombs that are "placeholders" for Big Bomb. Or rather, 3 bombs that used to be PH for Big Bomb. I haven't been down there to farm for the pop item, but I can only assume the 3rd bomb also drops the pop item.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco

No.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast