BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Trading gear for influence

What gear is cheapest/most influencial for getting influence in a region?

You're going to spend a few million if you're trying to take over one of the starter regions, fyi.

You just have to try a variety fo stuff. Go down the AH list buying NQ Lv. 65-75 equipment. Arhat's gear I remember being good, some of the blessed gear too. There's definitely a lot, you just have to try. However, gear only lasts so long. after you trade enough of the same thing, the value for that particular item will start going down and you need to trade something else. Expect to need 10-20 "good" trades just to get the bar to increase by a single pixel.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn.

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

It's best done as a linkshell/server wide effort if you can swing it. My linkshell got the idea to do that a while back and started to trade gear (was the windy people taking over sandy). People caught on and the entire server was eventually trading gear to the NPC. Over the course of a few weeks everyone was able to get the starting cities. Now I have every single outpost in the game and WILL NEVER MOVE FROM SANDY. I do know some people in my linkshell who did spend over a million gil in gear to do it though ><

Also what helps a lot is to get out your level 1 job and xp in the area. It really does take a group effort though to pull it off.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphet
    It's best done as a linkshell/server wide effort if you can swing it. My linkshell got the idea to do that a while back and started to trade gear (was the windy people taking over sandy). People caught on and the entire server was eventually trading gear to the NPC. Over the course of a few weeks everyone was able to get the starting cities. Now I have every single outpost in the game and WILL NEVER MOVE FROM SANDY. I do know some people in my linkshell who did spend over a million gil in gear to do it though ><

Also what helps a lot is to get out your level 1 job and xp in the area. It really does take a group effort though to pull it off.
    I remember when bahamut made the effort and got saruta and ronfaure for bastok. When I got the ronf outpost the entire week there was a large group of people wearing bastok aketons surrounding the outpost all week, it was hilarious.

Speaking of aketons, I hear they are some of the most valuable pieces to trade, but thats old info, but except to spend a lot of gil doing it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Which nation are you, and what are you trying to take over? Just wondering.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This was done on Fairy with a bit of forethought. Instead of just camping the outpost for a week, go ahead and camp it like late saturday with a group of people and then spam the place. Also if you can, have some people from that nation also level starting jobs as well.

Once that's done more or less your nation should have control of the region by sunday's conquest results. I have to admit hvaing every single possible outpost warp has made going from place to place a breeze. I just hope SE adds an update where if you switch nations, you don't lose all the op warps you've earned.

~S N K

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphet

I remember when bahamut made the effort and got saruta and ronfaure for bastok. When I got the ronf outpost the entire week there was a large group of people wearing bastok aketons surrounding the outpost all week, it was hilarious.

Speaking of aketons, I hear they are some of the most valuable pieces to trade, but thats old info, but except to spend a lot of gil doing it.
    I wish we could organize this sort of thing again. I would love to get Ronfaure and Sarutabaruta. (I was away from Bastok saving the inferior nations when this happened. ;_

A month back, a friend of mine wanted to get Gusta, so he and 5 other people all spent about 200k solely on low level NQ gear (levels 10-40, basically anything cheap they could get their hands on) and traded it all the night before conquest. It worked, too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have every outpost but Gustaberg, but I find OP to altep->korroloka->escape faster than the Gustaberg OP, given how far they make you walk from that one to get to Bastok.

New Merits
    BG Level

Same, Gustaberg has eluded my 'gotta catch 'em all'-esque OP collection, but I've OP'd altep vs people that have the Gusta OP and beaten them to Bastok.

Granted, I'm usually on BLM. >.>

All my tradeskills are in Windy, so I haven't missed Bastok much. COP CS's w/ Cid and regional vendors probably account for 1/2 of my Bastok trips, and I can buy regional vendor stuffs from my Bastok mule.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Took over ronfaure a couple of years ago, was about 100x harder because some assholes were /shouting in san d'oria telling the giraffes to fight back. Alot of crappy NM drops are pretty good to trade, it's based off of npc sell back price. Lightning mantles (drop from lumberjack) come to mind as something that AHs for less than it npcs for, strider swords and impact knuckles too I think, stuff like that. Rasetsu Hakama and probably other rasetsu stuff is good as well, npcs for around 13k.

I never really got why people try to fight back to keep their newbie zones. All you really lose is the regional vendor for a week.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Vistani
    Took over ronfaure a couple of years ago, was about 100x harder because some assholes were /shouting in san d'oria telling the giraffes to fight back.
    That always annoyed me. Someone trying to get a starter zone outpost? More power to them! Maybe we can organize and get theirs next week.

That reminds me, Darksteel Picks were a good one.

Just remember not to spam the same item over and over, because its value will go down after 3-4 trades of the same item.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does members of a nation dying in that zone lower that nations standing or only increase the bestmen standing?

Ex - I take my lvl 1 sandy mule and have orcs beat the hell out him for half an hour? Will this make sandy have less points to overcome or just make the bestmen super powerful?

Naver

I believe this is what you are looking for. Most of it is in Japanese but I figured you can easily read it. Big thanks and credit goes to Tymora on Pandemonium.

Someone on bahamut is shouting to try and do this in July.
    I want to get ronfaure and saruta for bastok personally.
    If you have a synth that doesn't sell good and you are skilling on, it might help out. Asuras come to mind.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Hello cheap ass Rune Weapons.... 12,000 points...

I'm willing to bet if you just pick the BS off that list that sells for like 10-20k and trades for huge points you could make one hell of a Saturday night effort.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, Gustaberg is my last OP to get as well, and fuck me if I'm going to spend millions of gil on getting it. =( Our server is too stupid to coordinate something like that though. =(