Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Bomblet     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fire Bomblet

It would appear that someone on Hades has discovered an easy way to get Smoky Flasks...

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18707&sid=32

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I went back last week and it looks like they changed all the Friar Rushes in the whole zone. They all casted magic, which means they were all PH. We got a smoky flask np.

Well I didnt go to every single rush, but it wasn't only the 2 on hte bridge, all the ones below casted magic and grew bigger, like the flask dropper behaviour.

Also Firas
    BG Level

excuse me if i dont see it, but nothing looks unusual.

EDIT:: ok 16 bomblets is kinda crazy o.o;

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Firas_Gattz
    excuse me if i dont see it, but nothing looks unusual.
    It took me a minute too, but there's 16 in stock.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wafik: So can you confirm you got the Smokey Flask from Friars other than the 2 on the bridge. These are heavily camped by RMT on my server and its annoying as hell to wait 16 minutes for 2 PHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I went back last week and it looks like they changed all the Friar Rushes in the whole zone. They all casted magic, which means they were all PH. We got a smoky flask np.

Well I didnt go to every single rush, but it wasn't only the 2 on hte bridge, all the ones below casted magic and grew bigger, like the flask dropper behaviour.
    This is good news; now I can add to my list of items to get is a Fire Bomblet!

Once you get the pop, is fire bomblet 100%?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orph
    Once you get the pop, is fire bomblet 100%?
    ahahahahahaha

gracious, no

Was worth a shot =/

There were 23 in stock the other day.

Ashira

Hmm... unless I am very much mistaken, all the Friar's Lanterns in Halvung were always triple job bombs (RDM/BLM/WAR - AM, -ga IIIs, En-spells, Double Attack); I recall being excited at a chance of a new bomb to SMN solo when ToAU came out and went to try a few... it was pretty messy. >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You are very much mistaken. Only the two on the bridge were like Big Bomb.

Ashira

Then it must be that way only in that particular part of Halvung, because I know I wasn't pulling Lanterns from that bridge.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

There were 2 more in the room with mythrilmouth in it.

I made a 'farming static' with a friend and we spent about 27 hours there, always got those two for free, and had to compete for the ones on the bridge. Overall we got about 16 smokey flasks and 1 bomblet. We broke down and bought 2nd bomblet when we decided that we'ld rather kill ourselves than go back for the 4th weekend.

Nin/drk + rdm/whm is more than enough to farm smoky flasks

Nin/drk + rdm/whm + whm/blm is enough to kill bigbomb.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira

Hmm... unless I am very much mistaken, all the Friar's Lanterns in Halvung were always triple job bombs (RDM/BLM/WAR - AM, -ga IIIs, En-spells, Double Attack); I recall being excited at a chance of a new bomb to SMN solo when ToAU came out and went to try a few... it was pretty messy. >.>
    Same exact thing happened to me. I was on SMN exploring ToAU when it came out, came across a bomb in Halvung and thought "Ooh, a bomb! SMN's eat bombs for breakfast!" and put Carby on it. Then I saw it start casting Firaga III and decided I'd better teleport out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks
    You are very much mistaken. Only the two on the bridge were like Big Bomb.
    all the bombs in the zone are rdm/blm/war... but only the ones in the "big bomb area" are like pm5-3's snoll tzar.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Same exact thing happened to me. I was on SMN exploring ToAU when it came out, came across a bomb in Halvung and thought "Ooh, a bomb! SMN's eat bombs for breakfast!" and put Carby on it. Then I saw it start casting Firaga III and decided I'd better teleport out.
    Hehe...

I think I managed about two kills before a death on the third one and realizing it really wasn't worth it, because I just couldn't run far enough if it cast Firaga III right off... :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The 'grower' type bombs have different TP moves avalable based on their size.

Most importantly they can only self-destruct if they're full sized.

They seem to grow if you land a crit hit on them, not 100% sure that's the only condition though. Initially we thought that they grew when you used a weaponskill but then noticed they sometimes wouldn't. Then we noticed that they could grow 2-3 sizes off a multi-hit weaponskill. Finally we noticed that they _could_ grow when you scored a critical hit.

It's hard to stun hellstorm and vulcan rush, but possible.

Black Belt
    BG Level

So just to confirm before I take care of something at the AH >.> : There are significantly more than 2 PHs to get smoky flask from?

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin
    So just to confirm before I take care of something at the AH >.> : There are significantly more than 2 PHs to get smoky flask from?
    afaik there is 4 bombs that drop it, 2 where big bomb used to lotto from and theres 2 more on the otherside.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast