+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Jeuno post Boss     submit to reddit submit to twitter

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dynamis Jeuno post Boss

Where does everyone camp boss and pull from after boss?

We have a full clear going into the boss, sac pull and kill no problems. However no mater where camp (AH, Palace, MH) we have issues with the repops. AH the first pull is kinda tricky, same with the palace, and at the MH people just lag too much.

Where do you guys camp for the best after boss farming? I also assume you don't kill the stones with the boss before him, correct?

We just did a full clear pre boss last night.

Pulled Mega to the AH and had the 4 stone repop there.
    It wiped us with 1 stone and 3 mobs left.

Further around next pop is a 5-6 NIN 1 stone pop
    Then its a few singles Stone and 3 mobs up until the mega pack or the palace pack.

We had mostly weak and under 10 mins left so we didn't try either one. If we had the time, I'd have chosen a sac pull similar to the eye wall in Xarc. Kill 1/2ish and then go back for more.

We pull to AH, and yes the first few pulls post-boss are murderous.

I did a few sac pulls of the boss at upper J zone, killing all the gobs tha spawn with him. We killed boss at UJ zone and had a bunch of room to kill after winning :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If your pullers have enough support, have one person pull the boss and kite the train while others babysit the boss. Alliances can fight anywhere on the loop, just make sure your mages are sleeping 2 mobs ahead of each alliance to give the main puller some slack. When the train's dead, move everyone to Upper Jeuno zone and kill the boss there. The pulls on the south side of the kiting loop are much easier than the crazy one near the AH, so you can clear out a lot of kiting room before doing the hard pull.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

if we have the people, farm the palace, then towards the mog house, usually not the Consulut area though...those get pretty nasty.

no repops by maat i think, just don't have dumbasses still in the palace area cause they do repop in there

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

We farm from AH. Usually spend all our time clearing, repopping and re-clearing pre-mega and only farm post-mega if he gives a timer. First couple pulls are sucky but doable. If we have enough BLMs we ~ga the first set of stats and get our sleepers to sleep the pops asap. This helps clear out the stats quickly.

nothing repops in the palace when the boss dies, only when the stone by maat dies.

megaboss in jeuno always gives 30 min btw.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wouldn't recommend killing Megaboss by Maat, yeah there aren't repops there but that means you need to fight your way *OUT* of the palace if you want to farm afterwards, and that's 0 fun.

Best suggestion is what was mentioned earlier, kiting the Megaboss while you kill the stones that spawn with him, and then killing him at the Upper Jeuno area, you can then farm back down to the MH & then around the fountain area. If you cleared the fountain & its repops *before* doing the Megaboss then this is incredibly easy farming.

On a side note, has anyone ever actually *COMPLETELY* cleared Jeuno? The best I've managed with my LS was all mobs, including all repops before Megaboss, then the pops that came with megaboss, followed by all the pulls starting at AH, looping around to Upper Jeuno, down the stairs to MH, and then pulling the fountain post megaboss repops until we ran out of time. I couldn't imagine going all that much faster, or clearing the rest, considering the rest of the pulls left were pretty substantial, curious if anyone has managed it all before.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Aurik
    nothing repops in the palace when the boss dies, only when the stone by maat dies.
    It's been a *very* long time since I've ever killed the Megaboss next to Maat, but I could swear there are repops inside palace. Unless my memory is foggy & what we used to do was bring the alliance to Maat, kill the stone & then do a sac pull out through palace to then get megaboss inside.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The only boss repops in Jeuno are on the loop and down by the fountain. Everything else is triggered by soemthing else.

I never thought about killing the boss at the upper jeuno zone, gonna try that on Tues.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung
    The only boss repops in Jeuno are on the loop and down by the fountain. Everything else is triggered by soemthing else.

I never thought about killing the boss at the upper jeuno zone, gonna try that on Tues.
    We must have used to fight our way out of the palace then, been over a year I think since the last time we killed MB by Maat.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There are quite a number that repop right infront of the palace, so that might be what you are remembering.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ah that's true, I typically stay back with our main alliance, so I know roughly 'what' is coming in on any given pull, but not always from exactly where, I probably just remember a MASSIVE train coming to Maat after clearing from there, well it amounts to the same thing really.

Either way if you are going to fight by Maat you need to clear the palace repops, which are a bit of a pain, and then you need to clear a massive train in front of the palace after clearing, so it's still a bad idea =)

New Merits
    BG Level

Has anyone successfully split pulled the Jeuno boss posse?

Someone told me that it's possible to pull the 4 wandering statues in the street without disturbing the stationary group around the boss itself. I imagine this would be done by hitting the south statue at its northmost patrol point but it always seemed very risky.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's possible Loren, but it's mainly luck.

I'm not sure about all 4, but if you time it properly it is *possible* to pull 1-2 of the mobile stones without linking the MB. I can't recall which mob types the stones spawn, so it may be really dependant on what spells they cast at your puller, if any, when they spawn, and also on their pathing.

I've cleared Jeuno completely 2 or 3 times. We've also been able to safely pull the 4 roaming statues in front of the boss, we're working on how to reproduce that reliably now.

we've had some unfortunate trouble when killing boss. there's a glitch that causes everyone but the people in your party to up and dissapear. you're completely unable to target anyone and /ta Playername doesn't work either. how does everyone mitigate that problem so as to avoid ending up with people who you can't see to cure/raise?

It is possible to farm the 4 roaming statue pre boss, and its easy to pull all 4 without linking the boss, its pulling them 1 by 1 which is hard and pure luck.

What my group usually did was, kill boss @ AH(easy). The pull out of AH is semi hard, no room to move really, 4 statues, 8 mobs. Using a timed aga would work well, with a sleepga2 follow up. then pick the mobs off 1 by 1.

Used to do it with a pld runnin into the middle of 4 group and popping invincible while a blm used sleepga2, worked pretty well. Then yes farming towards upper jeuno works very well, but is very very hard to get past the boss section if you didn't kill his mobs.

If you pull towards palace, there is equally hard pulls, with inclusion of bst+slime pets. Think one of the pulls has 3 bsts+3 slimes(was always harder for us)

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    we've had some unfortunate trouble when killing boss. there's a glitch that causes everyone but the people in your party to up and dissapear. you're completely unable to target anyone and /ta Playername doesn't work either. how does everyone mitigate that problem so as to avoid ending up with people who you can't see to cure/raise?
    Caused by too many mobs/statues loaded. Clear and re-clear the fountain before killing the boss.