+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stone Gorget     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Stone Gorget

I was looking for info on stone gorget.

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6199

And couldnt find out much detailed info on how to obtain this. Any help would be appreciated. Also does anyone know how much in adds to stoneskin?

Search function didnt help much either.

Thanks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The min/maxer in me would love one of those.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thanks

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    The min/maxer in me would love one of those.
    Same here, but not enough to go through the bullshit that is Promyvion again.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Holy crap, that's quite a bit of work to get those items there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's not too bad. You kill a mob (that's always up) in a lv30 promy zone, then take the drop to a vahzl floor that you can warp to and fight another mob. The mobs in the lv30 zones are all killable with a party of 6, and I don't have personal experience with the ones in vahzl but I'd assume the same. Just bring the right meds... and you can even do the ENM at the same time for clusters/earrings for gil.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sometimes you don't go to the right floor that the NM is on, which makes it a pain to do sometimes. Also, if you do get the wrong floor, going back can be a pain with aggro.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ah, right. Always bring a RNG so you know which third level the NM is on. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think every second level has 4 MR's, 2 of which lead to each third level. (My LS used to do a lot of promy ENM runs for kicks.)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Bring a RDM for the NM in Vazhl, it spawns Occultation [12 shadows] and Diaga will make the fight smoother. We did it with 4 but 6 would have been very useful, as it can be rather stout.

The item itself is a straight Stoneskin+30 it seems, which does break the cap on stoneskin based on some cactaur tests I did after I got it.

I'm glad I have it, and it is a fun toy but it really is the definition of "Inventory-1"

How about the Dia Wand? How does it "enhance the effect" of dia? Is it just longer duration, or more defense down, or more HP/tic?

Nvm, just checked wiki. Seems to be Damage/tic + 1. That actually seems really good, wonder why more people don't go after that one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    That actually seems really good, wonder why more people don't go after that one.
    Yeah, actually I always wanted to get the Hamayumi to use in Promy ENMs, but never got around to using the pop item.

I have the Gorget and Wand, also killed the bow NM but someone else got it (not that I wanted it, its nice for doing the ENMs on RNG30 but that's about it).

None of the NMs are particularly difficult, the Wailer (Vahzl one for the Wand) is probably the hardest and even that one can be killed with 1 PT. For any of the Vahzl NMs, you'll want to have a THF present because they are not autodrop. Went 3/4 so not exactly rare, but still not autodrop.

There was no info about the wand so that's why I picked it up and made the wiki entry once I tested it, it isn't useless but still not exactly amazing, the Gorget is a lot more useful I would say.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nagamaki
    There was no info about the wand so that's why I picked it up and made the wiki entry once I tested it, it isn't useless but still not exactly amazing, the Gorget is a lot more useful I would say.
    Do you still have your data on the Wand? I've read elsewhere that it gives an addtional 2.5% defense down as well as the extra DOT. Granted this is something I should test myself but I'd like some baseline comparisons.

I tested it on mobs around eastern altepa desert, using WHM/THF (sj hth skill) without a weapon to get low enough attack to figure their def using /c. Once I had their def I cast Dia II without the wand then swapped gear and spammed /c again until I found their new def value, then after Dia II wore I equipped the wand and cast Dia II with it, to find out that their def was exactly the same as it was when I cast Dia II without the wand.

I would have loved to see their def lowered more, that was the best possible effect for enhance dia, sadly it is not the case. I guess it could be worse, they could have made it enhance the already ridiculous acc of dia instead of the DoT.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

it should be said that the vahlz nms aren't 100% drop, i did one for gorget once and we didn't get the drop

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Considering first that it is not a 100% drop off of the Promyvion-Vahzl NM and that of course multiple people will desire this item on a run, I plan on getting the Satiator Remnant off of the Satiator in Promy-Dem for each person in the party.

Anyone familiar with the repop time on the NM in Promyvion-Dem?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Bring a RDM for the NM in Vazhl, it spawns Occultation [12 shadows] and Diaga will make the fight smoother. We did it with 4 but 6 would have been very useful, as it can be rather stout.

The item itself is a straight Stoneskin+30 it seems, which does break the cap on stoneskin based on some cactaur tests I did after I got it.

I'm glad I have it, and it is a fun toy but it really is the definition of "Inventory-1"
    I carry some extra MND stuff just for stoneskin on BLM. Would be really useful to me. Too bad it's such a pain to convincne people to get both 30 cap gear and 50 gear. I swear no one uses the storage npc except for AF.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly

I carry some extra MND stuff just for stoneskin on BLM. Would be really useful to me. Too bad it's such a pain to convincne people to get both 30 cap gear and 50 gear. I swear no one uses the storage npc except for AF.
    I hate promivions for other reasons, mainly I didn't get 75 just so I can be level 30 again, secondly is the amount of different gear sets required / weapons etc.

Strangely enough I don't mind salvage though, kinda hypocritical considering they both have artificial limitations set.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by solsovly

I hate promivions for other reasons, mainly I didn't get 75 just so I can be level 30 again, secondly is the amount of different gear sets required / weapons etc.

Strangely enough I don't mind salvage though, kinda hypocritical considering they both have artificial limitations set.
    Not really, because you don't have to get a full new set of gear to do them. Its the difference between imposed difficulty and imposed tediousness.