Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Small Group Dynamis-Buburimu

Is it possible and worth it to farm Dynamis-Buburimu with... like 12 (no BLM)?

Forgive the conciseness of this message, this is a last ditch effort to keep something potentially fun from turning into Dynamis-Windurst or some crap....

Thanks.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Small Group Dynamis-Buburimu

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II

Forgive the conciseness of this message, this is a last ditch effort to keep something potentially fun from turning into Dynamis-Windurst or some crap....

Thanks.
    Are 4 of the players kc drks? you wont be able to kill ab before he gets to mijin, then it's lights out.

stick to a zone where nightmare mobs are already up and get an hr of farming in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Do Dyanmis Tav

Do salvage

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

You could farm Valkurm.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It should be possible to win it with a balanced 18, but I don't know why you would want to waste time without enough people to clear a substantial amount of Nightmare mobs to make doing the dynamis worthwhile.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i think the dynamis section would be better for this?

u a josh childress fan or something residue? lol

Banned.

BG Level

not at all, i just like the picture

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ive cleared with 17, so I wouldnt think 12 is completely out of the question.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You'd be surprised how much of a difference 5 people can make when you're facing an opponent like AB.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Hapernack
    You'd be surprised how much of a difference 5 people can make when you're facing an opponent like AB.
    More or less, it's having very coordinated and well geared/meritted/skilled DD and mages, some of these zones can be done with 1 alliance.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Small Group Dynamis-Buburimu

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II

Thanks.
    Depends also on what those 12 peoples jobs are. 6 White Mages and only 1 PLD but 5 Melee? Are they well equipped/merits? Ectect. I´d say to not waste your Million Gil. Try to find another group of people. A few Black Mages are absolutely needed. Stun and Tier4/AM2 Magic.... you could just drop that Million and deathwarp a few times for fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapernack
    More or less, it's having very coordinated and well geared/meritted/skilled DD and mages, some of these zones can be done with 1 alliance.
    Yes... yes I believe we all know that. Its kind if different though when you're talking no BLM or anything on a CoP Dynamis zone when you're going to have to face the boss for any sort of chances at drops. Not to mention we're talking a difference of 5 people which has serious potential to cripple your abilities as a group.

AB should not be very difficult for a single alliance to take down, but 12 people and you are really limiting yourself in a zerg fight. Maybe something like: PLD/WAR/WAR/RDM/WHM/BRD, MNK/MNK/MNK/THF/BRD/RDM would give you a chance, but you would still need a lot of things to roll your way. The problem with a heavy melee setup (which is really needed for boss with only 12 and no BLM) is that the AOE stomp dragons are going to give you fits.

Still, with only 12 people, it would be very easy to coordinate the killing of the WHM NM and the dragons that disable AB. Have all the pulls mapped out before hand, have the WHM NM being sac'd to your group upon entry as you are buffing, then swarm appropriate dragons (using elevated terrain for the AOE stomp guys) while THF keeps tabs on AB.

Even if you win, though, no BLMs is going to make the after-boss farming difficult. If I recall correctly, the crabs are pretty easy to pull in groups of 2-3, but everything else seemed to require heavy sleepage. This is especially a problem if your RDM have to sub /DRK.

Honestly, if you are looking for AF2, I would just farm Valkurm. It's easy enough to pull the subjob flies and then kill all of the Nightmare Hippogryph with a small group, and we more often than not get a few nice items from them.

no reason to have rdm/drk in buburimu, but i don't think 12 will be much success in buburimu