Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Delay after equipment swap?

I've always thought that I needed to wait a second or so after swapping equipment before it would be reflected in my WS (or whatever), but the subject came up on my LS recently and everyone seemed to agree that it isn't necessary. Is that other people's understanding?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah, it isn't necessary--however, in high lag situations, the server might not process every line of the macro.

You can test this with any equip that affects a /ja, equipping/dequipping a lot of Store TP for a WS, or testing WS gear swaps on bunnies in Ronfaure.

Tonko

It's instantaneous. Windower macros make this much more reliable as they don't have lag associated with the in game macros.

Yeah this was one of those questions I always had but figured I was right about it.

As long as I have gear swaps before the WS and Spell I cast they go into effect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there any delay *after* doing the WS that its safe to put back on your TP equipment?

e.g.

/equip (WS stuff)
    /ws "Own Face"
    wait 1
    /equip (TP stuff)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

probably depends on the WS's length of animation.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

PERSONALLY, I don't automatically swap back to TP gear

eg: /console exec sam\thf.txt
    /p Readying [insert weapon skill here]!
    /ja "Weaponskill" <stnpc>
    /wait 4
    /console exec sam\tp.txt

I use a whole different macro to do it since if you're second or last in line for a skillchain, the actual skillchain animation and damage won't appear in the chat log; although it still exists and is burstable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by diemos
    I use a whole different macro to do it since if you're second or last in line for a skillchain, the actual skillchain animation and damage won't appear in the chat log; although it still exists and is burstable.
    Yeah, I've started doing that as well for the exact same reason. I got tired of not being able to see the SC or knowing how much dmg it did. I guess its a minor detail and not that important but meh, its the little things.

Another reason is that often times on SAM I find myself doing multiple WS in a row. Now if I'm just gonna use another WS right away, it seems pointless to be blinking back and forth between WS and TP gear. Especially considering that those situations tend to end up with me pulling hate, I'd rather not blink any more than I have to, giving the mages a harder time curing my sorry ass.

I keep Alt-1 as my "home base" kinda macro, and I hit that whenever I'm ready to switch back to TP gear. It also has all my /recasts and /target <bt>, so naturally I end up hitting that often enough to ensure my TP gear is on when I need it to be.

You don't need to use /wait at all. The client queues up the gear change nodes for each line of the macro, and then the action node (In this case spellcasting) after the gear changes, which means by the time the server parses the action node, it's already processed your equipment swapping packets and the new equipment takes effect.

This means:

/equip hands "Temple Gloves"
    /ja Boost <me>
    /equip hands "Devotee's Mitts +1"

works?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mine is

/equip (WS stuff)
    /ws "Ownage"
    wait 3
    /equip (TP stuff)

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Mine is

/equip (WS stuff)
    /ws "Ownage"
    wait 3
    /equip (TP stuff)
    Same, but that's out of habit and gives me time to open my equip menu if I don't want the SC damage to be blanked by me blinking out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    This means:

/ja Boost <me>

works?
    It should, but I can't test it. Maybe a THF can try it with AF1 boots and let us know.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It does work in my flee macro I have

/equip boots Rouge's Poulaines
    /ja flee <me>
    /wait 1
    /equip boots Trotters boots

I'll try w/o the wait in there and see if that works ^.~

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    This means:

/ja Boost <me>

works?
    It should, but I can't test it. Maybe a THF can try it with AF1 boots and let us know.
    I just made a quick macro,

/equip Feet "Rogue's Poulaines"
    /ja Flee <me>
    /equip Feet "Strider Boots"

this macro is near equivelance to the one aurik posted, EQ > JA > EQ, and the time on flee lasted 45 seconds (which means macro = success), even though I blinked directly from homam into striders. It counted the first boots and took that flee.

I'll test it in a laggy place next and edit my post.

Yea what I want to know is whether the second /wait is extraneous. I'd love to cut it out of my macros. I can test using boost tonight (there's a visual difference in attack between gloves and no-gloves)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This means:

/ja Boost <me>

works?
    First two lines yes, but you can't swap the same slot twice without a /wait. It'll ignore the Mitts until you hit the macro again, IIRC.

/ja Boost <me>
    /wait 1

[edit] it would work if you left out the Temple Gloves, though. The /wait won't impact the effect of gear on the /ja at all, just that you can't swap two items in the same instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishi
    This means:

/ja Boost <me>

works?
    First two lines yes, but you can't swap the same slot twice without a /wait. It'll ignore the Mitts until you hit the macro again, IIRC.

/ja Boost <me>
    /wait 1

[edit] it would work if you left out the Temple Gloves, though. The /wait won't impact the effect of gear on the /ja at all, just that you can't swap two items in the same instant.
    You are totally missing what I'm asking, as well as contradicting the posts of people above, so why don't you go test it before repeating "common knowledge" that might very well be wrong.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ok, I went to the laggiest spot in whitegate, turned my shout filter off so I can get as lagged up as possible, and my flee wore off after 30 seconds, which meant my first boots didn't get swapped in according to the server. I once again went from Homam > Striders, but this time only 30 seconds as opposed to 45 seconds of flee if the macro worked.

I'll still keep the /wait on macros I know i'll use in a laggy area, otherwise I'd say it's safe to omit waits if you know you'll be in a generally normal area.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You are totally missing what I'm asking, as well as contradicting the posts of people above, so why don't you go test it before repeating "common knowledge" that might very well be wrong.
    Wow, angry much?

Lemme spell it out for you if I went too fast: altough the macro is perfectly fine as far as the /equip + /ja combinations go, your macro will never work as an in-game macro because /equip won't let you swap the same slot twice without a /wait. It will just flip from one /equip to the other based on what you have on. This is something I've tried and tested with THF boots and RNG barrage gloves, and unless it was somehow magically ninja changed it will still be like that.

On the other hand, Windower macros have the natural lag fenomena between commands.