Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Sandy Oddity     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dynamis Sandy Oddity

http://www.kittieben.com/FFXI/sandyhax/ (Pics and a movie inside)

Had this happen to us earlier tonight, never heard or seen it before. I'm sure the majority have seen mobs die, but not despawn, we had 3 SMN mobs like this. What was different this time was periodically, they'd stand up, summon an avatar and then fall down dead again, the avatar dying a few seconds later. Anyone else have this happen? I called a GM because we were scared shitless they'd Astral Flow or something, but they stopped doing anything 10 mins later.

GM got to me like 30 mins after Dynamis >_> said if it happened again to call and ask for him, and he'd forward it to the dev. team, as it could be an issue.

Oh my god, that's so awesome. That's never happened to me, or anyone I know. Yet, why am I not at all surprised?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Don't really post... but this happened to my LS like a month or so ago. Instead of a SMN, it was a BST. If we claimed the pet, we would have to kill it, otherwise it would despawn. This happened during the remainder of the run.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...303_175132.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...3_175329-1.png

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

IIRC our Dyna shell had that happen with the SMN NM a few months back.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it's anything like MTG, the smn or bst put their pet on the stack in response to you killing it so it revolves first.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Rather strange, never had this glitch o_O

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Saw this happen a few times in Dynamis Windy...I kept thinking we'd get Astral Flow'ed at one point, but it didn't happen

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Did it drop anything?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm wondering, could you say exactly what you did before this happened? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but maybe if you guys did anything abnormal we could find out what causes it.

Also, I'm wondering, when it randomly dies over and over like that, does it drop anything? I'm assuming the answer is no, but it would be awesome if it was a yes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've heard of this happening in Dynamis-Windurst to a group a while back. They said it really sucked because they kept getting hit with Silencga, I'm not sure if they claiming it or if it actually aggroed them though.

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    I've heard of this happening in Dynamis-Windurst to a group a while back. They said it really sucked because they kept getting hit with Silencga, I'm not sure if they claiming it or if it actually aggroed them though.
    That happened to us in Dynamis Windurst as well, however if you left the crow alone it wouldn't aggro anyone.

This has happened to us about 2 times in the last 6 months, it always happens on the chocobo stables pulls for us.

the avatars never attacked anybody physically, and some people even Aspir'ed em, and they'd still despawn after a few seconds without attacking :D

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11826

Happens more frequently than you probably expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    I'm wondering, could you say exactly what you did before this happened? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but maybe if you guys did anything abnormal we could find out what causes it.

Also, I'm wondering, when it randomly dies over and over like that, does it drop anything? I'm assuming the answer is no, but it would be awesome if it was a yes.
    Nothing out of the normal, just engaged, had ls assist me, kill, move to next mob. However, just the 3 I killed back to back didn't despawn and no, they didn't drop anything after getting up and dying. The Orc's names never went to yellow, just stayed grey as they stood up, summoned and then fell down again.

had this happen to us with a smn also despawned in a few sec

Maldra

Whoa. Thats so weird o_o

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

I didn't even see the mobs get up to summon, I just saw the avatars appear. =O I kept waiting for random Astral Flow. =o

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

We had that happen to us in Jeuno with a Bst mob. Dead mob wouldnt despawn and every 30 seconds would stand up, Summon a pet, die, pet would then depop then the whole goblin standing up would happen again. Pet would not attack unless it was attacked but it was doing this for the 2hrs left in the run when it was initially killed.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Happened to my dynamis LS once in Windurst also. Not sure how it happens, or why. Sure is funny though!